Who's winning the console war?

• Thread starter ShinyLatios
  • Start date
ShinyLatios

ShinyLatios

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Who would you say is ahead in the console war and why? Why not any of the others than the one you choose?

I honestly don't get the point of console wars, even if one is declared the winner it's only bait that brings out the fanboys.

At this time the PS4 looks to curb stomp everything.

I honestly don't get the point of console wars, even if one is declared the winner it's only bait that brings out the fanboys.

At this time the PS4 looks to curb stomp everything.

Yeah, PS4 is going to dominate (but Nintendo may make a comeback with Wii U with the big games they're making; it's not over yet!). Also, I kinda feel like the marketing for XboxOne was hilariously bad throughout the E3 season so that may cause problems.

and it's coming out after PS4 with little launch exclusives. they are going to be struggling.

Games: Can say it yet...
Hardware: Tie (PS4 and XOne)
Online: Wii U
Retro compatibility: Wii U
Prices: PS4
Graphics: Can't say it yet...

Anyways, I think the console war is just stupid.
If you want to play a game, just play it :p

Actually, doesn't Wii U win when it comes to prices? Even its "Deluxe Edition" costs less than the PS4.

I dunno what would be the outcome of the next gen gaming console, I think that the PS4 and the Xbox One will go through some serious war, while the Wii U is going to be in a corner chilling, (Nintendo) using the most of the Wii U feature and inputting it into the furture games.

The Ps4 does look cool, but I still have my doubts on who will reign.

Actually, doesn't Wii U win when it comes to prices? Even its "Deluxe Edition" costs less than the PS4.

I also count the hardware. This is why I put PS4 as a winner.

I also count the hardware. This is why I put PS4 as a winner.
Uhh....how does hardware relate at all to price? I wasn't talking overall winner, I was talking specific point winner. On your post you said PS4 when Wii U is cheaper?

Uhh....how does hardware relate at all to price? I wasn't talking overall winner, I was talking specific point winner. On your post you said PS4 when Wii U is cheaper?

Well, I usually take another way to take if the console is cheaper or not.
In this case, the hardware of PS4 is more expensive than Wii U and there's not so much difference.

Actually, the new Wii U Mario & Luigi Deluxe Bundle can make the Wii U cheaper and can change the option.

Well, I usually take another way to take if the console is cheaper or not.
In this case, the hardware of PS4 is more expensive than Wii U and there's not so much difference.

Actually, the new Wii U Mario & Luigi Deluxe Bundle can make the Wii U cheaper and can change the option.
Well, I'm just saying that the deluxe version is like $50 cheaper and the regular version is like $100 cheaper if I remember correctly haha

Well, I'm just saying that the deluxe version is like $50 cheaper and the regular version is like $100 cheaper if I remember correctly haha

Correct!
But for example, the normal and deluxe edition and it's updates will force you to buy an external disc, (so you can download games updates, dlc, digitals games, etc)

OHHH so you're talking more about the implicit costs plus the explicit cost with each console. Ok that makes more sense

Games: Can say it yet...
Hardware: Tie (PS4 and XOne)
Online: Wii U
Retro compatibility: Wii U
Prices: PS4
Graphics: Can't say it yet...

Anyways, I think the console war is just stupid.
If you want to play a game, just play it :p
Corrections based on my knowledge.

Games: XB1 (for now/could change easily)
Hardware Specs/Graphics: PS4 (XB1 is about approximate to Wii U)
Online Services: PS4/XB1 (For now, I do not see many advantages to the Wii U in this aspect. It could easily be a three-way tie, though, considering I only had a Wii and DS last generation.)
Backwards Compatibility obviously goes to the Wii U.
Prices: Wii U
Storage: XB1 (most storage) or Wii U (no mandatory game caching, eg no use of storage drive (SSD on Wii U, HDD otherwise) for disc games, excluding the save data)
Input features: Wii U

I think I'll repost the topic from my forum about the XB1 specs to clarify things for you all.

I think that, despite the temporary wins on games and ties in other categories, the XB1 will likely lose in the long run.

Corrections based on my knowledge.

Games: XB1 (for now/could change easily)
Hardware Specs/Graphics: PS4 (XB1 is about approximate to Wii U)
Online Services: PS4/XB1 (For now, I do not see many advantages to the Wii U in this aspect. It could easily be a three-way tie, though, considering I only had a Wii and DS last generation.)
Backwards Compatibility obviously goes to the Wii U.
Prices: Wii U
Storage: XB1 (most storage) or Wii U (no mandatory game caching, eg no use of storage drive (SSD on Wii U, HDD otherwise) for disc games, excluding the save data)
Input features: Wii U

I think I'll repost the topic from my forum about the XB1 specs to clarify things for you all.

I think that, despite the temporary wins on games and ties in other categories, the XB1 will likely lose in the long run.

Online: I make Wii U the winner because Wii U is the only console with free online. You must pay for playing online multiplayer on PS4 and Xbox One.

Also the Wii U is the only console you can put external discs, I would wish being able to do that in my PS3.

Online: I make Wii U the winner because Wii U is the only console with free online. You must pay for playing online multiplayer on PS4 and Xbox One.

Also the Wii U is the only console you can put external discs, I would wish being able to do that in my PS3.
that would be cool if 3ds had open chat what do you guys think?

that would be cool if 3ds had open chat what do you guys think?

Yeah... With Skype would be enough.

Yeah... With Skype would be enough.
I wish that one day that can happen, skype on the Nintendo 3DS, is skype on the PS Vita ?

Skype on Nintendo 3DS would be a bit of stretch. I mean, the camera really isn't that good on the 3DS if you think about it.

Skype on Nintendo 3DS would be a bit of stretch. I mean, the camera really isn't that good on the 3DS if you think about it.

But Skype works for voice chat and text chat too, so :p

Back