Why is there no Nintendo World Themepark?

• Thread starter SimplyHomemade
  • Start date
SimplyHomemade

SimplyHomemade

NintenPedia Member
Towns Folk
Nintendo could put Disney world out of business (well , certainly not , but they could be a serious competitor).

seriously , who cares about Mickey mouse or Donald duck ? nowadays it's all about Mario , Luigi , Peach , link , princess Zelda , Donkey kong and the countless of Nintendo characters, imagine a theme park modeled after the Mushroom Kingdom , or another after the Hyrule kingdom with the Hyrule castle standing in the middle piercing the sky. wouldn't that be wonderful ?

with the billions they are making now , Nintendo can totally afford it , they could just hire a contractor to do the work for them .

Disney characters are so yesterday, they are not relevant anymore with the newer generation .most kids in past years grew up playing Mario and Zelda games which makes them more popular than Mickey & co

so , Nintendo , here's another cash cow , and it's right before your eyes.

Reactions: Jeff The Killer, 3dsatackman, 423 and 2 others
I love this thread. I always, always thought about this. How awesome would a Mario Kart-themed ride be? xD

I would want to see a ride that takes you through the world of Zelda, since I love the Zelda games. That could be something extraordinary.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a Pokemon theme park in japan for like 2 years.

Nintendo World New York, and Nintendo Land video game, they are two separate ideas and they both are really cool, I don't think a Nintendo Land theme park would be too good. They would probably not be too much competition to Disney and I don't think they would get to much traffic.

and

There was a Pokemon theme park in japan for like 2 years.

I have always liked Knotts Berry Farm more then I have Disneyland, the rides are way better, and you get the Peanuts characters walking around the Theme Park.

I thought i heard they were already making plans to make a Nintendo Land....

I wonder of anybody who works at Nintendo uses this forum...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've thought about a Nintendo Park, but I don't think it would be good just yet. While I definitely believe Nintendo has the ability to make a park right now, there could only be one. That would reduce its ability for Nintendo fans to enjoy it, especially since people across the world play Nintendo games. In addition, I worry that a Nintendo park might turn Mario into the next Mickey Mouse. Some character that lives in a suit and takes pictures with the millions of fans who come to see him. That sort of fame and popularity might in turn make Mario look like some cartoon for kids and not the iconic figurehead of video games. I'd rather have Nintendo stick to game for now and do something like this down the road (maybe a joint venture between them and Sony and all the major video game publishers we have today).

Reactions: xmenpkmntrainer
This would be so awesome! I never went to Disney land before though but I know how fun it would be ^_^. Imagine instead of Mickey you get Mario and instead of Disney princesses it would be peach or daisy :p. Mario kart rides would be so cool!

Nintendo could put Disney world out of business (well , certainly not , but they could be a serious competitor).

seriously , who cares about Mickey mouse or Donald duck ? nowadays it's all about Mario , Luigi , Peach , link , princess Zelda , Donkey kong and the countless of Nintendo characters, imagine a theme park modeled after the Mushroom Kingdom , or another after the Hyrule kingdom with the Hyrule castle standing in the middle piercing the sky. wouldn't that be wonderful ?

with the billions they are making now , Nintendo can totally afford it , they could just hire a contractor to do the work for them .

Disney characters are so yesterday, they are not relevant anymore with the newer generation .most kids in past years grew up playing Mario and Zelda games which makes them more popular than Mickey & co

so , Nintendo , here's another cash cow , and it's right before your eyes.
Well you may think that disney characters are all old and it's all about mario and Co now but A lot of people don't play video games and wouldn't really recognize the characters so the idea of a Nintendo theme park would appeal to you since you are clearly a Nintendo fan but it's not the case for other people .

This really would be a good thing, but if you give a deep view Mario, Zelda and a few others covers a more mature side, they did impact our childhood but do you think that a lot of kids would see those characters with good eyes?, Pokemon makes sense because they are all innocent to everyone eyes so people really dont care , same goes to disney.

i think that that would be a good idea. but there was a pokemon park in japan and you could get special pokemon and a 24hr pokemon game there for ds but i am not sure y it closed. but if they did it would be a awesome place for streetpass and it would also be cool to have there be a pokepark section as well as a ton of other places but a special section for pokemon.

Only one thing it needs: Giant karts from Mario Kart. I would love to ride in a Mario Kart vehicle. Plus, throwing items is so satisfying in-game :cat:.

Reactions: 3dsatackman
This is actually an excellent business idea for Nintendo but I'm sure they've thought about it at some point. Which means that there must be some complications involved otherwise they would've built a theme park, at least in Japan.

Maybe it's because of the costs? They're making pikachu themed foods in Japan, so they might be doing something else pokemon-related.

Yeah, Nintendo Land would be awesome, but let's face it............... until Nintendo Land becomes reality, Hesrshey Park ftw!!! The Ferenheight gives me nightmares just thinking about it :p

Nintendo World New York, and Nintendo Land video game, they are two separate ideas and they both are really cool, I don't think a Nintendo Land theme park would be too good. They would probably not be too much competition to Disney and I don't think they would get to much traffic.

and

Nintendo World in NY is so awesome, yo.

I would love to see a Nintendo theme park, heck they have theme parks for everything else! Seriously there's a theme park with KitKats and Reese cups walking around!

So why not Nintendo? Sure there are the stores but it nothing compared to a world where you can walk around in.

And if not a world then maybe a Village where you can spend several nights and do mini adventures that themed with Nintendo. Like Give Kids the World, I was born sick so I got a chance to do DisneyWorld (you know in case I died). My family didn't stay in those hotels instead we stayed in a Village called Give Kids the World the in the center of the village was a ice parlor, a cafe, and a theatre where the King and Queen would often come to visit. They even had a literal tree house full of games. The place looked like Balloon Boy lived there and every night they would play Disney songs.

So thinking along those lines they could have Animal Crossing styled houses and the restaurant could be called the Roost and on the inside could be furniture based Mario items like Bullet Bill tables and Fire Flower chairs etc.

The bushes could could be styled like Pokémon or have Pokémon statues scattered about, and instead of a theater have a castle filled with Nintendo games and have the Nintendo Princess come to visit everyone. And they could play Nintendo music and call the place Nintendo Village or something.

But of course you don't have to be sick to go there.

"With the billions Nintendo is making"

Not sure what world you live in.

I think it'd be nice but I'd probably never go.

I would definitely love to see a Nintendo-themed park, but Nintendo is not a company that focuses on those industries, as far as I know. It would take a lot of time for the park to get into business, and there is no telling how much profit they would make. However, I would definitely go in a Skyward Sword-themed mine cart rollercoaster :D

Back