Mario Kart Why not mario kart 8 for 3DS??

• Thread starter ECMCR29
  • Start date
ECMCR29

ECMCR29

Nintendo 3DS Addict
Towns Folk
dont you people think is just unfair that the game is just for wii u ? i mean there are people ( like me) that cant afford a wii u and we want to play the MK 8 just like the wii u users do!!!

It isn't really 'unfair'. Disappointing perhaps, but there are countless games that are released on home consoles that don't get console ports. Mario Kart 8 is an exclusive, and currently is the only real reason for most people to own a Wii U. Take that away, and well...

Reactions: BonnetteForever, xXAwesomeDudeXx, ECMCR29 and 4 others
It isn't really 'unfair'. Disappointing perhaps, but there are countless games that are released on home consoles that don't get console ports. Mario Kart 8 is an exclusive, and currently is the only real reason for most people to own a Wii U. Take that away, and well...
Everything what Celecia said!

Also, Nintendo has never added more than one Mario Kart title in their gaming system(s) (unless it's Virtual Console), mainly because Mario Kart boost sales for their consoles, and it would be a bad strategy to overwhelm one console when it's not needed. I think Mario Kart 8 deserves to be on the Wii U, and only the Wii U, I'm positive it'll change sales for Nintendo.

Reactions: TAG
I don't see how any rational person could honestly hope for this game to come to 3DS given the series' history. Wii U needs this game if it even wants to stand a chance against the competition. This game and this game alone is the only thing that can save the Wii U and Nintendo knows that.

Just be happy Smash is getting a 3DS version (which I completely disagree with...the Wii U version might've been out by now if not for the 3DS version.)

Reactions: xXAwesomeDudeXx, TAG and Marc
Someone else made a thread similar to this. Just to add to what the others said, MK 8 is an HD masterpiece. I wouldn't want to play a dumbed down port for 3DS. I've got MK 7 for my 3DS MK needs.

Isn't MK 7 enough for you? xD

anyways, MK 8 deserves to be on the Wii U. It's a big game and may be difficult to cram into a handheld game. Maybe someday will have enough money for the U. Just work at it and save up! =D

i take your point ...

Well why is it unfair? Did the wiiu get mk7? No they didn't and no one that it wasn't fair, so I don't see how mk8 is any different. And also why complain about mk8 not being made for the 3ds why not complain about pikmin 3, wind waker hd or other wii u exclusives?

Even with everybody's argument, the 3DS wouldn't have been able to support the game's feature, especially the looping things and stuff like that. And I agree, the WiiU required this game in order to increase its sales.

I know that Mario Kart 8 for the 3DS is a great idea, but seeing that the 3DS is selling non stop without any problems and also because it had a Mario kart game on it makes up for it. Nintendo did the right thing by releasing MK8 on the Wii U, in hopes for increasing sales.

Reactions: ECMCR29
yes i never took that in consideration, but now i also think i was a good idea for increasing sales for the wii u and even if i think bout it if i have the money for a wii u to play MK8 i ll buy it.

Reactions: 532
Every single console gets just one Mario Kart game. The 3DS has 7. Now the Wii U gets 8.

Reactions: Chief and ECMCR29
Yes this makes a lot of sense and who are we to complain when Super Smash Bros. is coming to both consoles?

Yes this makes a lot of sense and who are we to complain when Super Smash Bros. is coming to both consoles?

No one was complaining about Smash coming to 3DS. I was just observing the fact that the 3DS version is hindering the quality of the definitive version of the game, as would a 3DS version of Mario Kart 8.

Reactions: ECMCR29
No one was complaining about Smash coming to 3DS. I was just observing the fact that the 3DS version is hindering the quality of the definitive version of the game, as would a 3DS version of Mario Kart 8.
You are misinterpreting my words I am trying to say we have no reason to complain about Mario Kart 8 because we are getting another great cross platform game! I am sorry I probably forgot to add a comma somewhere in that sentence.

You are misinterpreting my words I am trying to say we have no reason to complain about Mario Kart 8 because we are getting another great cross platform game! I am sorry I probably forgot to add a comma somewhere in that sentence.

#Fail

Sorry about that...:confused:

Reactions: RealTalk95
It is perfectly fine :D. We all mess up sometimes.

I think nintendo started to pass one serie to any console e.g mario kart 3ds next mario kart wii u next mario kart 3ds again and then mario kart wii etc

I think nintendo started to pass one serie to any console e.g mario kart 3ds next mario kart wii u next mario kart 3ds again and then mario kart wii etc

They've never had more than one Mario Kart per system, although they do alternate between console/handheld. I don't expect them to change this pattern any time soon, I honestly expect Mario Kart 9 (it won't be called that) to be a launch title on their next handheld.

Same (to what Nanamine said), and I guess Mario Kart 10 would be on their home console. I don't think having more than one Mario Kart game per-system is necessary, each game has a unique feel, they bring their own perks to the Mario Kart series, and overall sell Nintendo's systems, I don't think they'll ever bring that cycle. :oops:

Back