Wii U Gamepad or TV?

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
I prefer using what's more convient. Playing smash bros or playing Mario kart. I'll use the TV. But when parents come to watch tv, bam gamepad right there with my GC controller. However, I'll only use TV on Xenoblade Chronicles X

I love the gamepad. I thought I could enjoy a wii u without it, but i got the new smash splat pack(not to brag, but its pretty neat) and I like the fact that you can play most games on the gamepad. Now only if splatoon had off tv play... I don't think it would be that hard, they did it for multiplayer local and you could switch between the map and the third person view of the battle(TV) by tapping the screen or something.

i prefer the tv better because of the new graphics they made in the wii u games. the games look so realistic that it looks like you're watching a movie or cartoon. although i may like using the gamepad because you can use the gamepad whenever i can if my brother or sister wants to watch something i won't be distracted. they put a little bit more style in the graphics for the wii u games. the graphics look pretty and action pack too (you can never have more than that).

TV master race!

I prefer TV because while i must admit gamepad is convieniant when brother needs TV for gamecube i would 100% switch to gamepad because brother you cannot take wind waker HD away from me, but the TV is much better due to better screen resolution (my flatscreen makes wind waker hd look like wind waker hd hd) and the ability to have a double screen using both the controler and the tv, most notably looking at your map while sailing, or what not.

@BlazingKen I totally agree. I said it before but I'll say it again: the TV is much better. The only time I EVER look at the gamepad is if somebody else wants to/is watch/watching the tv or if I'm playing nintendo land and I'm playing one of the multiplayer ones which require you to look at the gamepad. Like @BlazingKen said the TV looks so much better! Plus that's how games where meant to be played! On a TV, not a controller. Not that I mind the Wii U, but if you're going to use the gamepad more I'd like them to use it in more innovate ways like Nintendo Land. Sometimes though it is nice to be able to play a game while someone else is using the TV.

Reactions: BlazingPhoenix
When the tv is accessible, that is when I play on there. If not, I play on the wii u gamepad so I get some extra game time. The gamepad is quite convenient for off tv play, and I play across the room with no problems. So yeah, it depends on the situation. Man, I love the gamepad. If I play on the tv, I usually use both the pro controller and the gamepad.

Do you prefer to play on the Wii u gamepad or on the larger TV screen? give your reasons why!

I prefer the larger screen. You can see so much more! Although the compact screen is neat. xD
I feel the same way. I say that bigger is better. You get a larger screen and better quality than in the Wii u gamepad. The only reason I use the Wii u gamepad screen is when I play SPLATOON to lock my missle and for super smash bros when I'm in 8 player smash and the Wii u screen only lock on you which I like a lot.

I usually prefer to play WiiU games on the larger TV screen versus the gamepad screen. My reasons for this are that, firstly, the colors on the gamepad appear somewhat washed, and are not as bright and full as the TV. Second, I just prefer gaming on larger screens in general.

The ability to use the gamepad when the tv is in use is very nice. Surprisingly, breath of the wild doesn’t look absolutely terrible on it. When i have another console plugged into the tv, like when someone brings a PlayStation over, or i decide to plug in my switch. It allows me to play many games without putting the effort in to unplug another thing.

Why are we even talking about this anymore? The Wii U is dead!

Why are we even talking about this anymore? The Wii U is dead!
Some people still have thier wii u’s at thier house, so its nice to think of what is good about the wii u. I still love my wii u, and there are still many games that i want to get on it. Its also still possible to get a wii u, just a bit harder. And yes, I still think the wii u has enough good games to warrant buying one, especially if people are selling the system and its game at a lower price.

I mean I still have and use my Wii U but as soon as smash 5 and Mario Kart 9 come out, I probably won't touch it, as smash 4 and Mario Kart 8 are the only real reasons I still use it. Also pretty much all the games on it are on the switch one way or another so there's no real point in owning one anymore, especially considering how many more games are available on the switch, and its only been around for a year.

Well my system happens to have hundreds of dollars of games downloaded onto it and I don’t intend to buy games I allready own. It is true that some of the games available on the wii u are on other consoles, but it doesn’t change that the wii u has good games, and the price of the games that have been ported has gone down. The only reason for not recommending getting a wii u is if you allready have all the other consoles that have the wii u ports and the games that will never leave the wii u arn’t ones you want and you don’t care about the discount.

I like using just the gamepad. Its just always been more comfortable to me.

Back