Wii U Gamepad or Wii U Pro Controller

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date

Which do you prefer between the GamePad & Pro Controller?

• Total voters
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I'm sure most of you who know that the Wii U has a 'Wii U Pro Controller' that can be purchased separately for around $50 US. The Wii U GamePad comes with the Wii U console.

Wii U GamePad :

gamepad.jpg

Wii U Pro Controller :

pro controller.jpg

Which do you prefer between the Wii U GamePad and the Wii U Pro Controller and why?

I prefer handhelds, so I choose the Gamepad. I don't have the pro controller but I don't generally prefer playing on the big screen.

I don't have a Wii U, but I read a lot of reviews about the Wii U Gamepad, and it seems to be quite comfortable. The Wii U Gamepad also have a touchscreen and camera, which can do a lot more than the Pro Controller. I think the Wii U Gamepad only got it's bad reputation from Nintendo, for not using it properly it's an amazing device that adds innovation to the next generation gaming.

If I had a Wii U, I would prefer mostly the Wii U Pro Controller.
The main reason is just the battery XD

There isn't enough software that takes advantage of the pro controller imo.

I've owned a Wii U for about six months now. The gamepad is my main goto for any game. I dont plan to buy a Pro Controller

I like the Pro controller and would choose that but the Gamepad is free, so what would you choose? Free or $50? Obviously free and I don't plan to get a Wii U Pro Controller soon, if they had one with the console i'd be playing everything with that.

The Gamepad. Why spend extra to get the controller? xD

The gamepad is like a oversized gameboy too. I like to play using it. =P

2 people and me like the pro controller? Darn! The Game Pad isn't portable. If you take the Game Pad too far from the console, it tells you to go back to the console, and stops what your doing. But the only reason I pick the Pro Controller is because it's more comfortable. Sitting in your living room with a REAL controller and not a giant rectangle with DS buttons, shoulder buttons and a special TV remote button was always a choice for me. But I like the Classic Controller Pro (A more XBOX 360 like Classic Controller on the Wii) more than the Pro Controller. (Don't know why.)

2 people and me like the pro controller? Darn! The Game Pad isn't portable. If you take the Game Pad too far from the console, it tells you to go back to the console, and stops what your doing. But the only reason I pick the Pro Controller is because it's more comfortable. Sitting in your living room with a REAL controller and not a giant rectangle with DS buttons, shoulder buttons and a special TV remote button was always a choice for me. But I like the Classic Controller Pro (A more XBOX 360 like Classic Controller on the Wii) more than the Pro Controller. (Don't know why.)

That is true but you can't see the TV if you go out of the room with a Pro Controller either can you? You can control it but ya can't see it. I was disappointed when I found out that I can't even take my gamepad past my dining room which would be like 6 meters from my Wii U and have the gamepad work. With the Wii Remotes I could be up in my attic pressing buttons and it would work downstairs, I wonder if they could make a gamepad signal booster or something.

I think the GamePad has a pretty good distance myself. You've got to go pretty far (or have things blocking the signal) for it not to work.

I think the GamePad has a pretty good distance myself. You've got to go pretty far (or have things blocking the signal) for it not to work.
My room, or maybe my HALLWAY is the not-work mark!

The Game Pad isn't portable.

Yes it is. Even if you can't go far with the Gamepad, that's not the POINT OF USING IT.

The point of the Gamepad is
1. Off-Screen play
2. Easier interface
3. Nintendo's creativity

I picked the Gamepad, I never got a Pro Controller. I love the game pad, I can have it plugged in anywhere in the the house to use.

Yes it is. Even if you can't go far with the Gamepad, that's not the POINT OF USING IT.

The point of the Gamepad is
1. Off-Screen play
2. Easier interface
3. Nintendo's creativity
I went to my kitchen with the GamePad, which is like 3 inches away, and it lost connection. So take that!

I've played the Wii U at my friends house. He had both types of controllers and we were playing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. While they both have advantages, the fact that the touchscreen can add a more to the game (such as putting info on it instead of having to view it on the television, which made the game look nicer) was a nice touch, so I'm going with the GamePad.

I went to my kitchen with the GamePad, which is like 3 inches away, and it lost connection. So take that!

Sounds like there is an issue with your Wii U, GamePad, or sensor bar.

Gamepad > Wiimote > Pro

I really hate the Pro controller. Why would you put the right stick at the top Nintendo, why?!

The gamepad is huge which isn't fun to use for hours on end (assuming you're using a TV and not gamepad only). I use my wii pro controller on games cause it's easier and les strenuous on my hands to hold for such a long time.

I prefer the two of them since they look pretty cool

Back