Wii U Gamepad or Wii U Pro Controller

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date

Which do you prefer between the GamePad & Pro Controller?

• Total voters
The Gamepad is better in my opinion, since I usually take advantage of it's own screen because the TV I use is usually being used. Even though it feels weird to hold, the button layout is a bit hard to get used to, especially in Smash, even though it is almost similar to the 3ds.

I love the DS handheld so I like using the Gamepad the best. Plus buying a procontroller just for yourself would be a waste since the gamepad came with the console already.

I Would Pick The Wii U Gamepad Because Most Wii U Games Require That. Also Because Its Like A Pro Controller Plus A Screen!

I think the Gamepad is alright but I am more used to the feel of xbox and playstation controllers so I would to go with the Wii u Pro conrtroller because it has more of the feel of a xbox and playstation controller then the gamepad. But I will not use the wii remote because it is hard to control when you are trying to select something on the console. So ya . Wii u Pro controller is better that the gamepad in my opinion

Wii u gamepad. The gamepad is literally the major aspect of the wii u. Not only does it feel nice to hold, but it feels so diffrent and legendary playing on the gamepad opposed to playing on your standard controller. The gamepad is much better than the pro controller because of the fact that the gamepad gives you a unique feeling whether as playing on the pro controller. The wii remote sucks, there really is no explanation for that.

If I were to choose, I'd say the Wii U Pro Controller.

I think I'll be better off using that rather than the Gamepad for certain Wii U games (whether they're Original Games compared to WiiWare OR I use them for Virtual Console games).

I do not own that controller, but when/if I get one, I will use that controller to play those games (especially as an alternative to the Gamepad when that controller runs out of battery power and I have to charge it).

Right now, I have Donkey Kong 64 and Kirby 64, and soon I plan to get FAST Racing Neo and Super Mario Galaxy 2 (and as for the Mario game, I hope the first one comes out as a Wii download, like it did in Japan).

I also hope Mario Kart for both Wii and Nintendo 64 come out as downloads too (especially for those who can't purchase the former in stores). The former should be a Wii download while the latter would be a Virtual Console release.

The wii u's gamepad is very unique because one of its key features is the screen either making off-tv play available for whenever your sister needs to keep up with the kardashians and it's crazy complex second screen makes for some fun gameplay (the most perfect example is Luigi's Mansion from Nintendo Land) or maybe like in Hyrule Warriors where instead of the anoying split screen, the gamepad gets it's own screen on the gamepad and the wii remote/pro controller gets the entire tv screen.
But I think it feels too blocky in the hands, kind of like you were holding some kind of special IPad Mini with buttons. But at least you can use it as a tv remote which is probably the thing I use most on my gamepad because I constantly lose my regular TV remote. Also the battery is complete garbage.

The Pro Controller fixes the blockiness by making it feel more like a generic gaming console controller. It even fixes the gamepad's battery time by almost 10 times! (48 hours on a single charge makes it worth the $50 jsyk) it doesn't have a weird unique charger, it's the regular ol micro usb that are veeeeeerrrrrry cheap to buy nowadays. It works for almost all Wii U games but not sploon. :(

I can't decide

My choice would have to be the gamepad.You can play with the gamepad and not have to use the tv screen which is awesome.So your mom can watch her cooking show while you're playing Smash ^_^.Also, The gamepad has the buttons ZL and ZR now, so there's more possible features in games (Although most of the time ZL and ZR do what L and R do...).And in my opinion, The gamepad has a good button layout and has the good, smooth plastic.The only problem I have with the gamepad is that the battery has a short time of being alive before it goes dead.The average Wii U gamepad battery lasts lets say... 4 or 5 hours, compared to off brand batteries in a Wii Remote 6 or 7 days to a company like Energizer, months.So the Wii U battery sucks more than Off Brand batteries ._. But the batteries is the only probably for me.Everything else seems fine IMO

I prefer to Pro Controller because it just FEELS so good. The gamepad is big and I don't find the screen that useful. Also the controller has amazing battery. It just sucks that some games don't support the controller and that it's 50 euro!

I prefer the gamepad. The controls for the pro controller are a bit questionable sometimes. And while in certain games, you can use it, much easier for gamepad controls

Loool, I'm the only one who voted for the last option? I don't have a lot of Wii U experience but when I do play (with/against friends) I always end uo with a Wii remote. It's easy to handle and I am used to the way it works so I still like it most. Perhaps more experience would change my opinion but right now, the old school remote us my bestie. :)

This has to be one of the easiest questions ever. I prefer the gamepad rather than the pro. I like the pro because I got use to it and I like the feel on it. I like how it has a built in screen. I like everything about the gamepad because it's really cool. There isn't anything wrong with the pro it's just for games like super smash bros it's hard for me to play with it.

I honestly prefer the Pro Controller only because I love the old retro feel to home consoles. Not to mention I always used the GameCube controller for the Wii so seeing and using the Pro Controller just feels natural.

I prefer Gamepad because on Mario Kart 8 gives me more advantage with the screen that allows me to see the objects of the enemies and prevent to being kicked and allows me to see when do I need to use a Star if someone has a thunder. On Splatoon to see where's my team, my enemies and the map.

Every game I play it on Gamepad because it gives me more functions except on Smash that I sue the Gamecube controller and Super Mario Maker were I use the Wiimote only if I'm not creating a course (I never make courses so I'm always playing with the Wiimote)

Alright so like I wanna retract my statement about the gamepad now. Pro controller all the way. Gamepad has become too big and not used to it anymore and I'll only use gamepad in Xenoblade Chronicles X now. Otherwise, I use a controller that is not the game pad :p

I enjoy the gamepad immensely, but have never actually tried out a Pro Controller before. They look awfully similar in terms of button placement, so I'd probably get used to the Pro in no time at all. But until then, gamepad is bae. :love:

I enjoy the gamepad immensely, but have never actually tried out a Pro Controller before. They look awfully similar in terms of button placement, so I'd probably get used to the Pro in no time at all. But until then, gamepad is bae. :love:
Pro controller is weird in games that have gyro control, especially where you've been using gamepad for a while

Back