Will you miss DS/Wii Wi-Fi connectivity?

• Thread starter DarnedUrchin
  • Start date

Will you miss DS/Wii Wi-Fi connectivity?

• Total voters
DarnedUrchin

DarnedUrchin

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
The Wi-Fi networks for old DS and Wii titles are closing in around nine days, so I was wondering: What are your thoughts on it? Are you sad the connectivity is gone, or do you only play local or 3DS/Wii U online?

Well, a part of me is sad, because before I got the Wii, I used to play Mario Kart Wii online at my sister's home. And I also remember the shock it did to me when I played Pokémon Diamond online (for trades).

But the other part of me is glad because there was games where lot of cheaters ruined the fun (Mario Kart DS is the most notable example). And it's also needed to shut down the WFC servers in orders to make them ready for newer games like SSB4, or Mario Kart 8.

I voted meh. I didn't use it much to be honest. The Conduit and Fortune Street are the only games that come to mind.

I do miss some of the Wii Channels, like the news and weather ones - they need to bring those to Wii U.

I voted "meh" as well, I think it was bound to happen sooner or later, I will surely miss playing Mario Kart Wii, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl online, as for the DS games, I haven't played any with online recently. But on the bright side Mario Kart 8 is being released on the Nintendo Wii U, which I think is a lot better than Mario Kart Wii, and it has amazing online play, also Super Smash Bros. 4 will be released with fantastic online support, so I don't think we should look back and be gloomy, the online play is improving!

I'm voting "meh" too. I haven't used Wi-Fi on my DS in years and my newest wireless router's security type is WPA2 (makes it impossible to play online with DS games) which I refuse to change.

Meh. I have the same security on my router as Marc's (WPA 2 PSK TKIP)
That renders the DS online play useless. I am sad about the Wii WFC servers shutting down, though. I put around 59 hours on online Mario Kart Wii. It was heaps of fun. Oh well, goodbye MKWii :( and welcome Mario Kart 8 :thumbsup:

I am not bothered overall. Despite having a WEP router, both my DS Lite and DSi viewed it as WPA, which meant I couldn't play online no matter how many times I fiddled with the options. So on that point, I don't care. I never used the online functions of my Wii either, so that doesn't affect me.

I only used online play on my Pokemon games (specifically White version) and I didn't have many games that could use it (I could care less about SSBB because let's just say you wouldn't want to use my disc) besides possibly WWDIY but that one didn't work well so I never got attached to it. Now come to think of it I should have voted "Good!".

for pokemon ds and ac:cf yea i will miss it. i did not use it on wii so not much there. but i wish that wiiu wii thing would work and 3ds ds internet would work.

Well, my router makes it really annoying to play DS games, and the only Wii game I ever played online was Mario Kart Wii, and I haven't played that in years, so...

meh.

I don't play/battle online with my games, so it won't really effect me. A bad move for Nintendo though, how stupid can you get? xD

IT WAS MY LIFE! :(:mad::eek::oops::cry::bag::banghead::blackeye::dead::jawdrop::nailbiting::oldman::punch::rage::sorry::vomit::wtf::yawn::thumbsdown::unsure:

I don't play/battle online with my games, so it won't really effect me. A bad move for Nintendo though, how stupid can you get? xD
It's not really a bad move. The Wii and DS are both last-generation consoles, and neither one had much of an online gaming presence. It's similar to how the PS2 and original Xbox aren't online anymore. They're relics of a bygone age that have little place in this new, vicious world.

I won't care too much about it. The only thing I will miss playing was Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but hopefully that will get fixed with the upcoming SSB.

I can't remember the last time I turned on my DS so I don't really care about that one. The Wii however, I still enjoyed playing Brawl. I'll probably have to get a 3DS now just to play the new one on there. I don't think I can wait until Novermber to play again.

As long as you have R4i cartridge you will be okay with your DSi, but yet i still miss Wario DIY and i hope they are going to remake it in the future

Not particularly, because I never used the online functions of the DS or Wii, aside from Animal Crossing Wild World. But most friends that I played with then now have New Leaf, so I'm not fussed.
I think I tried playing Brawl online, but I found it a lot more fun to do it at a party at my friend's.

Gonna be missin' it :cry: I played with it till the last drop of Nintendo Wifi Connection in our Wii... :sorry:
While playing Mario Kart Wii, me and my sis saw the notice after the game was abruptly interrupted
"This software is discontinued and no longer available for online connection. Go the the Nintendo website to see the list of affected games."

:dead:

I won't miss it, but that's only because somehow my DS couldn't connect to the internet :( I never knew why, but now I'll never find out :unsure:

Well i think it was too soon, there is some DS games that i never played online, for example: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 1/2, Mario Kart DS, Pokemon Platinum, now its to late :S

Back