Will you miss DS/Wii Wi-Fi connectivity?

• Thread starter DarnedUrchin
  • Start date

Will you miss DS/Wii Wi-Fi connectivity?

• Total voters
Yeah I will, I had some good times on their trading pokemon I will miss the nintendo WFC for sure, but I'm not going to be dramatic about it

It hasn't affected me yet cause I haven't played any of the online games

But when I try to play it's going to hit me hard like a screen door in a hurricane.

Well i think it was too soon, there is some DS games that i never played online, for example: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 1/2, Mario Kart DS, Pokemon Platinum, now its to late :S

I can't speak for Dragon Quest, but those are some random comparisons. Mario Kart DS is 8 years old and Platinum is 5 years old. You had plenty of time >.>

I think I would have missed it were it not for my DS refusing to work because I haven't played it for so long.

Of course I will miss it. I was very sad when it was discontinued, although I'm starting to feel better with the release of Mario Kart 8 only one day away. 8)

It does suck, but I don't care too much. Even when I get my 3DS, it won't bother me.

It doesn't bother me too much, mainly because our Wii and my DS couldn't hook up to our wifi properly anyways.

It's a shame that it's gone, but it doesn't really bother me.

Not too much i think we gotta move forward

It doesn"t really bother me much. As I mainly play 3DS and Wii U games online now days.

I will miss it and I guess from my perspective it's already been gone for a long time and I still miss it. I used to use it for the flipnote studio. I have almost a thousand flip notes but I never got there. It shutdown without me noticing and I only found out when I tried to connect to the Internet.

The Wii ones I can kinda understand since the Wii U was out and people could just get that anyways if they really wanted online stuff. I also think the Wii U was low on sales at the time, so there was that too that could've helped sales or whatever?

As for the DS wifi, I think that was really kinda silly, to be honest. We had the 3DS, and regular DS games could still be played on that, so I didn't really understand why they cut off DS wifi too. People can still play regular DS games, but they can't get the online experience now because of how Nintendo cut that off.

Reactions: TheSpiritedWarrior
I certainly do miss the Wifi Connectivity for the Nintendo DS :( It was really fun for me to battle in Pokemon White and trade and I really loved it . But I guess that it was for the better , since there are the newer games that are a lot fun , but I really miss it personally >.>

My online brawl matches with my friends were some of the best things I ever did before Smash 4. Everyone would go and spar at each other mindlessly, and the winner was always varied. Plus in DPP/HGSS the Wifi Plaza was fun to go to, but now that it's gone we can't go play there anymore ;-;. Well we have to enjoy the Wifi server on 3DS and Wii U since it's still here though. Make the best of it :)

I never used the Wifi of the DS lite, I didn't have a game that would require it, and when I finally got a game that did (Pokémon White) the connection was so bad (mostly because my internet was bad) that I stopped trying.

The Wi-Fi networks for old DS and Wii titles are closing in around nine days, so I was wondering: What are your thoughts on it? Are you sad the connectivity is gone, or do you only play local or 3DS/Wii U online?
The only game i play online on the Wii is just brawl and Mario Kart Wii, but since brawl lags too much for me and Mario Kart Wii got too many hacker that likes to spam bombs and blue shells just to ruin the fun (which is why i go to friend matches instead of world-wide races), i barely miss the wifi connection but i love to play some Mario Kart Wii again since the game is the reason that i met a friend on the internet and now i talk to him and his friends on skype for years.

I was really sad when it was shut down because all I had were a DS and a Wii. I played Mario Kart Wii ALL the time! Other than that and Pokemon battle revolution I didn't have any other multiplayer Wii games. I played online Pokemon Black 2 all the time! The shut down wifi forced to to get a 2DS and pokemon Y. I ended up really liking Pokemon Y and the 2DS anyways so it was good.

I voted for meh. Since I got my 3ds i have not been using my ds. The only thing I used the internet for my ds was browsing the internet and trading pokemon online and battling. But I feel bad for other people who liked it and it is gone. Well I hope they do not do this to the 3ds. I will be very sad.

They should of kept it because there is people who don't have the new consoles but a lot of people played Pokemon call of duty ,smash, Mario kart. Online. And are we going to get a 3DS call of duty game again?

Actually yeah. There are games that I really enjoyed playing with the WiFi option, Pokemon for the Wii being the main one to tell the truth(I only began using WiFi in DS Pokemon games after the 3DS came out). I think they should have kept it, I'm sure there are people who still own those games, like myself, and would love to be able to use the WiFi.

I think that I miss a few elect games, but most of them had extremely laggy, or even borderline unusable online play (e.g. Smash Brawl, which might as well of not had online, as you were forced into a random for player battle, items and all, or Mario Sports Mix, where the lag often made the online mode unplayable.

Back