Windows Versions

• Thread starter Catstew
  • Start date
True, I like how you can search and optimize certain files, but still I like my Windows 7. :)

I planing to upgrade to Windows 8 just for optimization.
I will install some software to keep what I love from Win 7: the taskbar :p

Don't forget that fans has also created windows versions based on the normal versions created by microsoft but they make it as they own style like windows 7 royale xp

I planing to upgrade to Windows 8 just for optimization.
I will install some software to keep what I love from Win 7: the taskbar :p

Windows 8.x isn't that bad in my opinion. Sure that the Metro interface sucks hard for regular PC users, but believe me, it becomes easier to use after a while.
The only other thing that sucks on Windows 8.x is that some games aren't optimized for it, and when you contact the support of the game, the only thing they find to tell you is "Have you updated your drivers ? Else, contact Windows's Customer Support service." (This is a true example of what happened to me a while ago). What a bunch of lazy people.

I have Windows 8. Seems like they tried to go with the app design where you can see all of the software downloaded. It had to get used to it.

Well I have a windows 8 phone. Its been pretty good for me so far.

From my experience Windows 7 is the best modern operating system while XP is the best legacy one. Windows 8 doesn't bring any improvements to Win 7 and has a terrible interface. However, you can alleviate most of these issues by installing software such as Classic Shell for a start menu and disabling the Metro scheme altogether. I've actually grown to like this setup because Windows 8 has great boot times (600 GB of data on disk but only 5 seconds to boot) while Win 7 could take an excruciatingly long time to boot up.

Windows 7 (ultimate). I really like it. The features are decent. I did have basic but it lacked some elements (no desktop background). I'm not really a fan of 8, it's a huge difference.

All this hate about Windows 8, but with a touch-screen monitor, that OS would rule over all the others. Even without, it's not as bad as people make it out to be. Oh, what? You have to click a few more times to shut down? 8.1
Win 7 could take an excruciatingly long time to boot up.
In Windows 7's defense, my Windows 7 Ultimate PC boots in about 10 seconds.

I think most people feel that Windows is meant to be for a traditional PC user. People don't like the fact that it is designed around touchscreen users (of which there are few) when the majority of Windows users use mouse and keyboard. If Microsoft really wanted to implement the Metro interface, then they should have made two separate operating systems- one for touch devices and one for traditional PCs.

I think most people feel that Windows is meant to be for a traditional PC user. People don't like the fact that it is designed around touchscreen users (of which there are few) when the majority of Windows users use mouse and keyboard. If Microsoft really wanted to implement the Metro interface, then they should have made two separate operating systems- one for touch devices and one for traditional PCs.
Windows 7 and 8.

Windows 7 and 8.

Well, Windows is meant to be iterative and Microsoft focuses its resources on only on operating system at a time. Windows 7 is now in the past. It is definitely not outdated and continues to get support from Microsoft, but Windows 8 is where all the development work is happening. In addition, nearly every proprietary PC comes pre-installed with Windows 8. So, most people will have Windows 8, don't like it, but don't want to pay for a Windows 7 license. Microsoft should have made sure that the successor to Windows 7 doesn't alienate its customers like it has done now.

vista but i wouldnt mind going windows 8 to me it not that hard to use

I have Windows 7 Ultimate on my desktop and Windows 8.1 on my laptop. Just like the rest of the world, I enjoy W7 more.

W8 isn't bad or anything if you have a laptop with a touchscreen, though. Which I do. But W7 is still better.

Windows XP

image89.png

puppies were everywhere! :3

th

Reactions: 18
Back