Show Off Wolfs First Attempt at GFX after 2 years ^^

• Thread starter Wolf
  • Start date
Sure. You both have very different styles, so I'd like to see which suits the picture best. Of course, I'll use them both after a while, but I'll wear the winners first :p

wolf i have a current request order from him. if you like you can do it. if @Alex would like a little fun competition between us. we can do a sig an avi battle and the winner get alex to wear their sig/avi.
haha ok sure ^^
this will be fun XD

Sure. You both have very different styles, so I'd like to see which suits the picture best. Of course, I'll use them both after a while, but I'll wear the winners first :p
wolf i have a current request order from him. if you like you can do it. if @Alex would like a little fun competition between us. we can do a sig an avi battle and the winner get alex to wear their sig/avi.

But what kind of picture are we making ?

@Alex could you find a better render too or character name so i can find something we can use
i have it in my shop but it not that good i think it when rin first started to render

hows this @Alex ?

i don't know what you want but i just made this
looking at your avatar i thought maybe you may like this ^^
Zoro One Piece Mist green 2.jpg

I do like it as a whole, but I don't like that white outline on Zoro. And it seems a bit blurry.

I do like it as a whole, but I don't like that white outline on Zoro. And it seems a bit blurry.
ok i'll fix it, ill get to you later today with a better picture

keep in mind that it may make a excellent wallpaper but as a signature and avi to not that good. sometime big graphic piece shunk down become blurry . that why i suggested something something smaller in range . my favorite is 400 width x 200 height.
other things missing is depth and a light source
for depth i am going to tell you a short cut i showed kokuren a couple nights ago.
when your down with your piece
  1. save as png
  2. open the png version as your psd verison still up
  3. place the png over psd
  4. set png to overlay
  5. click on fliter
  6. go down to other
  7. click on high pass
  8. adjust the radius as you see fit
  9. also if it to much play with the opacity a bit or even use the blur brush

Last edited:
keep in mind that it may make a excellent wallpaper but as a signature and avi to not that good. sometime big graphic piece shunk down become blurry . that why i suggested something something smaller in range . my favorite is 400 width x 200 height.
other things missing is depth and a light source
for depth i am going to tell you a short cut i showed kokuren a couple nights ago.
when your down with your piece
  1. save as png
  2. open the png version as your psd verison still up
  3. place the png over psd
  4. set png to overlay
  5. click on fliter
  6. go down to other
  7. click on high pass
  8. adjust the radius as you see fit
  9. also if it to much play with the opacity a bit or even use the blur brush

yeah i'll make it smaller but the thing is I'm not using photoshop
i'm using SketchBookExpress (mac)and its more for painting which has its cons and advantages
but i don't think you can make depth and a light source ?

I see depth can be mafe different ways. The easiest to explain but hardest to master is using blurr brush and sharpening brush tools. I dont use mac so it hard for me to know how to translate it for you. I thought you had ps or gimp sorry

I see depth can be mafe different ways. The easiest to explain but hardest to master is using blurr brush and sharpening brush tools. I dont use mac so it hard for me to know how to translate it for you. I thought you had ps or gimp sorry

oh thats fine then
the app also has a blurr brush and sharpening brush tool
and i use it quite a bit

but something i think that the app has is that it allows you to layer it
then you can use a soft eraser to partially rub out the image so you get a nice layer over it ^^

disneygenieripRW_zps495645a5.gif
this is a gif i made to show what you can do with layers

Reactions: Wolf
disneygenieripRW_zps495645a5.gif
this is a gif i made to show what you can do with layers

Its really good ! but i was just wondering where do you get the backgrounds from ?
like the cloudy ones and other good ones ?
i have trouble finding good quality ones that fit with my pictures T_T

btw take a look at my new piece @Shippo

i make it with smudging and then add effects over it and toy with the adjustments example:

again it a case of the effect to much on a your focal point try to smudge or erase parts giving it more the effects and render are one feel. in gfx piece you want it to look like one piece example:
textless_banner_by_shippofox86-d80qw24.png

Last edited:
yeah, the filter effect comes in really handy i have to say T_T i'll see if theres another app with it

if you had your own pc i help you more but simple mac are nice but there still a reason for windows desktop computer. i say try to invest in a pc soon . there even a program i have that would allow me to show you hands on how to use different effects and tools

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolf
if you had your own pc i help you more but simple mac are nice but there still a reason for windows desktop computer. i say try to invest in a pc soon . there even a program i have that would allow me to show you hands on how to use different effects and tools
thanks a lot man you have really helped me ^^ well I've downloaded a few more photo editing/shop apps like pixlr or GIMP
and they both do good for a finishing touch XD like i use Sketchbook Express first to do the main stuff then i use Pixlr to do finishing touches like to adjust contrast, put a filter, help create a focus point and so on.
take a look at my latest piece - i think probably my most successful one yet >.<

gimp is like photoshop but free

gimp is like photoshop but free
yeah i saw the website but i haven't had the chance to use it yet, maybe tomorrow ^^

i dont know if a mac and pc can connect threw teamviewer i know it on both though

Back