Worst Cartoon?

• Thread starter JamesFox
  • Start date
Oggy and the Cockroaches. I find it sick and disgusting (not the good kind that Courage the Cowardly Dog was). Someone getting their eye mashed in and giving the thumbs-up didn't strike me as funny in a children's cartoon. I never enjoy seeing characters being treated too brutally in cartoons when they don't outright deserve it or unless it's black comedy and done well. A scene in Powerpuff Girls where Mojo Jojo gets beaten up until he can only twitch and he's all crooked because the PPGs want candy horrified me in my childhood, and Oggy and the Cockroaches is that all the time - times 10. In Tom and Jerry, Tom getting beaten up all the time is funny (although I'm always on Tom's side), but here it was just sadistic. I don't know what factor Courage or T&J have that makes the violence in them not seem bad, but Oggy doesn't have that.

Not to mention it's not really entertaining either way.
I remember when I first laid eyes on it. When I visited the Philippines in 2012 to visit family, I remember watching that with my cousins. At first, I thought it was a horrible Tom and Jerry clone and when I left, I thought I would never have to see it again. Then, the year after that, I was browsing around YouTube and there were a few Oggy and the Cockroaches videos, so I ignored it. So a few months ago, when I was watching NickToons, to my horror, Oggy and the Cockroaches were on the network. I yelled "Why?!" And I thought I could escape it, so my horrible story with that show

I don't know if this counts, but the worst animated movie of all time is Food Fight! I already watched the entire thing on YouTube and so horrible! Everything's bad! The characters! The presentation! The story! And it even had more than 60 million dollars in budget! So thats mine

I don't watch any TV anymore in my life but before that I could say that there were a few I really didn't like because it's just not so funny and exciting like the old TV shows cartoons that I used to watch when I was younger . I am talking about Cartoon Network mostly because really I feel embarrassed to watch those shows >.<
I see what you mean, CN is out its prime, sure, but they're still making good stiff. For example: Adventure Time, it has seven seasons and even won some Emmy awards. But I would say the best show on CN at the moment is Steven Universe

Last edited by a moderator:
I see what you mean, CN is out its prime, sure, but they're still making good stiff. For example: Adventure Time, it has seven seasons and even won some Emmy awards. But I would say the best show on CN at the moment is Steven Universe
Heck, even Regular Show is still doing good. It's on season 6 right now, and sometimes can feel like they need to shake things up a bit more, but it's still very enjoyable especially when they have special episodes and explore the backstory of characters like Skips.

I heard they're doing a reboot of The Powerpuff Girls for 2016. Heck, even Disney XD has Gravity Falls which is better than any other cartoon right now, IMO.

Heck, even Regular Show is still doing good. It's on season 6 right now, and sometimes can feel like they need to shake things up a bit more, but it's still very enjoyable especially when they have special episodes and explore the backstory of characters like Skips.

I heard they're doing a reboot of The Powerpuff Girls for 2016. Heck, even Disney XD has Gravity Falls which is better than any other cartoon right now, IMO.
Yeah. Did you hear that Disney XD is going to have a new DuckTales show in 2017?

Yeah. Did you hear that Disney XD is going to have a new DuckTales show in 2017?
I forgot about that! Oh my, that sounds awesome. I never did see the original but played DuckTales Remastered on PC last year and fell in love with DuckTales, if they get this cartoon right, it'll be amazing.

Ugh I used to hate Oggy and the Cockroaches because it was simply stupid and what was the point of that cartoon. Oh also the teletubbies, I was watching it with my baby cousin the other days and it freaked me out.... The teletubbies sounded like pedophiles :panda:

Reactions: 4362
Let's see...I don't really like Johnny Test...it's to bright and the sound effects are annoying. I feel like every episode has the same plot and it's predictable. I remember when it was KidsWB and it was tolerable but now it won't go away.

And too CN didn't do Scarredy Squirrel justice, it was one of my baby brothers favorite books, he would bring them home and have me read them to him. The book Scarredy was paranoid and hated the thought of going outside unless necessary.

The one in the cartoon didn't seem very scared.

Oh boy,there sure are a number of bad ones on my head,but I'll just name a few of my less favorites.

I never read the original magazine,but I hate MAD.Even if using more than one type of animation is sort of interesting,the show itself is just a lame and offensive parody that wants to make fun of everything I can think of.Not only bad ones,but even good ones regarding movies,videogames,books;you name it.I'm not even sure you can call it a cartoon,but since it aired on Cartoon Network on my country,then this is an awful show on my book. :bookworm:

Phineas and Ferb was decent enough on it's first years,but it got really repetitive and irritating fast.Basicaly,the plot of episode is a rehash of like all the flipping episodes of the show,and I just can't stand the repetitively used dialogue that makes the characters look stupid.The side-plots with Perry and "Dr.Doofen-something" were alright,but I lost interest in the show to mind those sections.What makes me angry the most though,is that Disney Channel seems to care more about this than Gravity Falls (one of the only good cartoons of the channel as of recent times) by putting up more new episodes quickly than that show,and even to a point where they made a darn spin-off with Marvel and Star Wars!Seriousy,this show has to end soon. :meh:

The Problem Solverz...I just watched Mr.Enter's review of the show's first episode,and literally somewhat survived through the awfully and painful colored apocalypse sceneries,and not only that,but the characters were disturbing and retarded,and the situations they had to solve were just idiotic.

I never really seen any cartoons I really hated but I would really dislike 80s cartoons like Captain N: The Game Master just by looking at a review of it. It looks silly, some parts of it are really lazily done, and it just makes video game characters look really bad like King Hippo, Mega Man, and Kid Icarus (not Pit).

in my opinion you say...? Definitively "Scared Squirrel" by Mellow Watt, first and foremost: it's awfully drawn, they don't looks with Animals at all. second to sync: is that is too forceful, the stories don't make any sense and down suppose to get any better as the time pass. last and best, err... worse : the protagonist always get the bad ending for every episode, this is what tick me off the most.

Note: Please be honest as to why you think the toon(s) you're about to subject towards this thread is (in your opinion) an abomination of mankind

Kids TV in the US has been a roller coaster but ever since the Childrens TV Act of 1990 that roller coaster received a very and severely deep downward plummet in quality
That being said, We've good shows like MLP: FiM, Scaredy Squirrel, Redwall and Littlest Pet Shop and rubbish like Almost Naked Animals, Johnny Test, Breadwinners and the entire Total Drama franchise

So submit us for your own approval, I welcome all to tell us what is (in your opinion) the worst cartoons you've seen in the past and as of recent

Please be honest and civil about your reasons as to why they are bad
My god, I dont know if this thread has to do with Nintendo, but I CANNOT STAND UNCLE GRANDPA. IT IS SERIOUSLY HORRIBLE. I CANT TAKE IT D:

I cannot stand Sanjay and Craig. It's one of the most asinine shows I've ever watched. All it is are fart and butt jokes. That's what I think of modern Nick. The only good show on Nick that's not finished or cancelled is Harvey Beaks.

Spongebob?

I like the memes related to it, but the cartoon itself is plain annoying to me. I don't like the story (or the lack of?), the characters, the whole thing. I don't know, it just annoys me =/

Hoo boy. I can list a whole bunch of them..

Johnny Test is one. It's basically a ripoff (or parody) of the 1960's show Johnny Quest.

New spongebob is horrific. I like the older ones, but after the first movie it went downhill. I heard they're FINALLY going to end the series.

I don't like most of the new Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon shows. Although some of them are good (Clarence and We Bare Bears are really good shows IMO.)

Hoo boy. I can list a whole bunch of them..

Johnny Test is one. It's basically a ripoff (or parody) of the 1960's show Johnny Quest.

New spongebob is horrific. I like the older ones, but after the first movie it went downhill. I heard they're FINALLY going to end the series.

I don't like most of the new Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon shows. Although some of them are good (Clarence and We Bare Bears are really good shows IMO.)
I actually think Harvey Beaks is pretty good.

Uncle Grandpa and Secret Mountain Fort Awesome are just terrible, I can't even bring myself to complete an episode of either. BUT Uncle Grandpa had one single gag that made me laugh, it went something like:
*Uncle Grandpa eats banana and throws peel on the ground*
Banana Lady: My baby!
*She runs towards peel and slips on it*

Not enough to redeem it for 2 awful seasons. ._.

I cannot stand Teen Titans Go. It has horrible writing, generic characters, and stupid plots.

Reactions: FLCL
The worst cartoon I've probably seen would be Uncle Grandpa. @Spinnerweb was right about Courage being a great show, and we could probably use about ninety percent of the older shows on Cartoon Network today. Uncle Grandpa is horrible because there is literally NO story, NO point, and NONE OF IT makes sense! Its an all around confusing and pointless show that Ilm still trying to grasp the concept of...

The Problem Solverz, the character designs are awful and I felt they tried to literally use every color possible for the backgrounds and it resulted in a headache/seizure inducing mess....the worst part about Problem Solverz is that it replaced an amazing show like Syn Bionic Titan, a giant robot show that was cancelled supposedly because lack of merchandise....sigh.

That show was the ugliest thing that ever spawned from Cartoon Network.

Back