Worst Character Addition

• Thread starter KoreanGuy
  • Start date
Dark Pit takes the cake for this one. An alternative costume becoming an actual character is just wrong. I get that the 3ds roster had to be the same as the Wii U and the 3ds had technical difficulties, but having a character with the same everything as the character is modelled after won't be very pleasing.

But that's wrong. The dog was one of the most-requested characters. I always thought it was dumb because I know most of the people clamoring for him just thought the "WHY CAN'T I SHOOT THE DOG" jokes were funny and not many of them played Duck Hunt at all.

But still, he was a very requested character.

Agreed. Jiggs is purely a relic from the old days and exists only because she's one of the original 12.
That said, I wouldn't want her gone. I am, in all cases, strictly opposed to removing movesets from the game.

I'm legitimately curious why you think this. I'm interested in your opinion on the matter. Rosalina's been a character for almost a decade now. She's not some new character getting pushed, after all.

Yes and no. As a character she's Easy Marth (and now Bad Roy) but you've got to consider fan interest. Didn't seem to work the way Sakurai intended, but Lucina is one of the darling of both Japan and the west. Can't underestimate waifus.

And here we go. This is what I came to the thread to say. Dark Pit's presence in the game is unquestionably Sakurai's bias showing, and he couldn't even adequately defend it. Dark Pit brings nothing to the roster: not a worthwhile moveset, not even new costumes (Pit even has a black color), and especially not something most fans even wanted. His response to the backlash was, if anyone remembers, comparing the Smash roster to meals at a restaurant and suggesting that any character, even clones, are just extra food and shouldn't be complained about.

I'd have respected his decision more if he just said, "Yeah Pittoo's in because I made Uprising, deal with it."
Actually there are a lot of great Jigglypuff users out there. Firstly, jigglypuff can be an absolute BEAST with good reflexes. If you can hit every rest, rack up good combos with forward air and forward tilt and down air, you're almost guaranteed the win.

Actually there are a lot of great Jigglypuff users out there. Firstly, jigglypuff can be an absolute BEAST with good reflexes. If you can hit every rest, rack up good combos with forward air and forward tilt and down air, you're almost guaranteed the win.
Of course! I'm not comparing Jiggs to Pichu or anything like that. I never criticized the character's ability. As I said, she brings a unique moveset and playstyle to the series so I have no real problem with her. There are characters on the roster I like less than Jigglypuff, but as long as their moveset is fresh and not derivative I have no issues with them. My only point was that Jigglypuff, as a character, the Pokemon Jigglypuff itself, not Smash Jiggs, is that she herself has been completely and utterly irrelevant for ages, and absolutely doesn't have the out-of-left-field retro charm of characters like ROB, G&W, and Duck Hunt. Basically, if (hypothetically) Jigglypuff wasn't in the series and people were requesting her for Smash 4, I'd call them crazy and tell them to sit down. That's all.

Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, Lucario. Dark Pit: Hes an exact clone of pit a total waste of an character slot in my opinion. Dr. Mario: he is slowerbut deals slightly more damage, there cold be much more characters from the mario universe that would be better than Dr. Mario. Lucario: He was only was a big troll in brawl, everyone wanted mewtwo and they got lucario xD, there are way better pokemon they could have choosen for smash 4. MY opinion for all the clones in smash 4, there would be way better characters they could have choosen.

The worst character addition to the game goes to rosalina and luma. She is just too op with the luma and her attacks always get me. Her dash attack and her aerials confuse me every time and gets really annoying. When she uses her neutral b, the luma can get right past weak projectiles like Luigi's fireballs. The luma also serves as a shield for a strong attack like samus's charge shot. She is way too op.

Dark Pit is a Clone! Stop with the clones Sakurai!

ANNOYING Dark Pit:
300px-Dark_Pit_SSB4.png

Back