Worst player you've encountered?

• Thread starter danathann
  • Start date
danathann

danathann

mr saturn
Towns Folk
I'm not one to hate on people new to the game (I'm new to it as well) but sometimes it really grinds my gears. While I was playing a couple days ago, I ran into someone (can't remember his name so I'll call him Bob) who was a G1 Rank and he seemed nice. I checked Bob's set and I was horrified to see a horribly mixed armor set with no skills, and a defense of around 150 maybe? Can't remember. Anyways, I thought that if Bob could make it this far with that set, he could probably do a G rank quest right? So I continued talking to him and we decided to do a Teostra quest. We go in and everything is fine until I see he puts down a trap. He starts yelling around "I'll capture it" willy nilly, and he just starts running around the trap like nothing was wrong. I start signaling for him to follow me but nope, Bob is determined to trap this Teostra, only attacking when he gets near. Ok well at least he hasn't fainted. Suddenly the Teostra realized he had the chance and he flies up slightly and what does he do? Supernova. I watch as poor Bob is blasted off into his doom, and back to camp. Now I expect him to come back and keep fighting and be blasted by the Supernova again but nope. He just stays at camp for the rest of the fight. I finish him off and he comes over, carves and when I get back to the hall, he's gone.

This is one of many horrible encounters I've had in this game, and while It's fine to not understand these things at the beginning, I think at G rank you should understand a little more than that, or at least have a High rank armor set. Anyone else have similar experiences? I'd love to read your stories :D

Reactions: __FlamiZard__
a few days ago, i decided to help some hr 1 players for a while. i join a hall and about 5 minutes later, a guy in hr 2 joined (im gonna call him phillip) and what armor does he have?
FULL WHITE FATALIS. phillip had 700-something defence, the white fatalis CB, and a pawn talisman for acrobat and auto guard of all things. anyway, the hr 1 person decided to put up the gypceros capture quest. so i switch to my capture set (which is just nerscy X and a spdsetup +10 talisman) while phillip stays in the same armor and tells us to just wait in camp. i tell phillip if he paintballs it, i can signal whe it's ready to capture, which he surprisingly agrees to do.

so we start the hunt and he runs off while me and the other guy just wait like he said. he does paintball it when he finds it. about 5 minutes later, he faints .-. i decide to walk over to the ledge, to which he responds with an axe upswing, knocking me back to the item box. so he runs back to the gypceros, which is still not ready for capture. about 2-3 mins later, it's finally weak enough for him to put down the trap and cap it. i hit the signal, he signals back without putting down the trap. the gypceros then flies to it's rest area, so i run up there to put down the trap myself. he enters the area right as i put the trap down. i start prancing on the trap. he does the charged axe finisher (the 3 hit axe attack) and kills the thing. when we get back to the main hall area, phillip starts yelling at me for not telling him when it was ready. the hr 1 guy says he heard it when i signalled, to which phillip replies with... well i don't wanna get banned from the forums. i think that explains it :l anyway, he leaves the hall to continue ruining things wherever he goes. me and the other guy try the quest ourselves and complete it in under 5 minutes :p

a few days ago, i decided to help some hr 1 players for a while. i join a hall and about 5 minutes later, a guy in hr 2 joined (im gonna call him phillip) and what armor does he have?
FULL WHITE FATALIS. phillip had 700-something defence, the white fatalis CB, and a pawn talisman for acrobat and auto guard of all things. anyway, the hr 1 person decided to put up the gypceros capture quest. so i switch to my capture set (which is just nerscy X and a spdsetup +10 talisman) while phillip stays in the same armor and tells us to just wait in camp. i tell phillip if he paintballs it, i can signal whe it's ready to capture, which he surprisingly agrees to do.

so we start the hunt and he runs off while me and the other guy just wait like he said. he does paintball it when he finds it. about 5 minutes later, he faints .-. i decide to walk over to the ledge, to which he responds with an axe upswing, knocking me back to the item box. so he runs back to the gypceros, which is still not ready for capture. about 2-3 mins later, it's finally weak enough for him to put down the trap and cap it. i hit the signal, he signals back without putting down the trap. the gypceros then flies to it's rest area, so i run up there to put down the trap myself. he enters the area right as i put the trap down. i start prancing on the trap. he does the charged axe finisher (the 3 hit axe attack) and kills the thing. when we get back to the main hall area, phillip starts yelling at me for not telling him when it was ready. the hr 1 guy says he heard it when i signalled, to which phillip replies with... well i don't wanna get banned from the forums. i think that explains it :l anyway, he leaves the hall to continue ruining things wherever he goes. me and the other guy try the quest ourselves and complete it in under 5 minutes :p
Jeez he actually fainted? This is proof that it's not about the armor and weapon damage, it's about skill. He was probably a hacker too lol

Jeez he actually fainted? This is proof that it's not about the armor and weapon damage, it's about skill. He was probably a hacker too lol
Probably? He was HR2 in G Rank event quest gear xD

Reactions: danathann
before he left, he commented on how my armor sucks and that i should hack like him for full white fatalis. thanks to a friend of mine who proxied in all the the event quests, i managed to get the same armor on my own, along with a surprisingly useful defense up talisman. right after i switched to it and showed it to him, he said i still didn't have a perfect talisman like his. "if you're gonna use a hacked talisman, go right ahead. appearantly it's not perfect enough to save you from a LOW RANK GYPCEROS" <thats what i told him just before he left :l

before he left, he commented on how my armor sucks and that i should hack like him for full white fatalis. thanks to a friend of mine who proxied in all the the event quests, i managed to get the same armor on my own, along with a surprisingly useful defense up talisman. right after i switched to it and showed it to him, he said i still didn't have a perfect talisman like his. "if you're gonna use a hacked talisman, go right ahead. appearantly it's not perfect enough to save you from a LOW RANK GYPCEROS" <thats what i told him just before he left :l
Too bad they didn't proxy in the Star Knight quest :sneaky:

Alright so I was lucky to not encounter terrible players until now.
So I just completed a neat armor set for my GS and wanted to give it a spin on multiplayer. So I looked for online lobbies and settled with a dude hunting a Gold Rathian. So there were only two of us in that lobby so we waited for one more.

Here comes the third dude, with an Ukanlos IG and crappy armor (as in Rarity 1 Chainmail, not even complete) with no armor skills whatsoever. I had a really bad feeling about this guy but maybe he's a pro who wants an extra challenge so I just went with it. We start the quest and guess what he does? Shoot pheromones at the Gold Rathian. Nothing else. I started to regret not telling the host to kick the IG guy.

This goes on for 15 minutes with just the two of us doing any actual work, doing okay while the IG dude was still happily shooting from a distance. And then he finally starts attacking. And gets triple carted within the next 5 or so minutes. We both wasted time and a lot of resources thanks to that guy.

Alright so I was lucky to not encounter terrible players until now.
So I just completed a neat armor set for my GS and wanted to give it a spin on multiplayer. So I looked for online lobbies and settled with a dude hunting a Gold Rathian. So there were only two of us in that lobby so we waited for one more.

Here comes the third dude, with an Ukanlos IG and crappy armor (as in Rarity 1 Chainmail, not even complete) with no armor skills whatsoever. I had a really bad feeling about this guy but maybe he's a pro who wants an extra challenge so I just went with it. We start the quest and guess what he does? Shoot pheromones at the Gold Rathian. Nothing else. I started to regret not telling the host to kick the IG guy.

This goes on for 15 minutes with just the two of us doing any actual work, doing okay while the IG dude was still happily shooting from a distance. And then he finally starts attacking. And gets triple carted within the next 5 or so minutes. We both wasted time and a lot of resources thanks to that guy.
wut .-. idk how it's even possible for him to have an uka IG if he doesn't even have full chainmail >.< also here's a little thing i saw on kiranico:
(the attack \/) (damage \/)
Mark Target (Aim, Fire) 10
even an uncharged attack from the bug does a base 45 damage :l

wut .-. idk how it's even possible for him to have an uka IG if he doesn't even have full chainmail >.< also here's a little thing i saw on kiranico:
(the attack \/) (damage \/)
Mark Target (Aim, Fire) 10
even an uncharged attack from the bug does a base 45 damage :l
He probably hacked that Uka IG.
Or maybe he really is a pro who got bored and decided to troll ._.

wut .-. idk how it's even possible for him to have an uka IG if he doesn't even have full chainmail >.<
You can always downgrade to lower armor. I do it when I'm helping out LR players.

Okay, so I was in a Rajang 126+ gq room. I was bronze, and the host and another player were gold, both good players with legitimate Star Knight sets. All of a sudden, a G3 in Regios X gear enters the hall named "Infinite" (not even going to withhold the name, his/her lack of respect warrants mine for them). I think, "okay, maybe the host will kick.". When they didn't, I thought maybe they were just being nice. Cool. So, I check their info and- no wystones. Now, I'm G silver and still only have one slot, but at least I bothered to grind drive to level two. Either way, we pick a Teostra gq as a compromise, and everyone carts, save me (I got lucky with Moxie). Whatever, no big deal. So, then the host asks Infinite to grind for wystones first. "How do I get wystones?". Understandable, if you've neglected single player. So, when told to do caravan quests, he/she throws a fit, caps lock, asterisks and all, "I'm sick of single player" (imagine that in all caps with regular cussing) Ai... The host kicks him/her, but Infinite shows up again. We take an apex quest. Infinite triple carts due to lack of wystones. He gets kicked. He comes back. We had a good number of players leave after just seeing that he was in the hall. When told, by me, that other halls would have kicked him at the start, he yells "NO THEY DONT" then gets kicked. We tried in futility to do another quest. He double carts, rants, gets kicked. Finally, the host blocked him. Though you could say they were just rude, they lacked any decorations and overall played an even worse game than I do (and I cart regularly to Rajang even with 700+ def). Not to mention, g3 but not even at high rank caravan? Sorry if this sounds ranty, I just have no patience for people who refuse to improve or grind. I'm actually okay with bad players it's just those who won't do anything to stop hindering other's online experience.

My worst experience with a player isn't something that happened during a hunt, rather after it. We lost against a Shagaru Magala and the people I played with started making racist comments for absolutely no reason. I understand why he was upset about losing, but it's not like we couldn't go try again... As a minority raced person, I was pretty bummed about it.

There was once this guy hr 3 with NO ARMOUR and Talisman... I was like 'This guy was probably trying to do the Konchu quest. So here is this unarmed guy and then decides to post Advanced:Sand sailor. I was willing to help so I told him to get armour on and to repost after. He said QUOTE: 'wat armo? tis game has armo?' I was sure he was joking so I waited for him to eat and I just stayed in the Gathering Hall. He began to rant in front of the departure gate and then he started calling me a QUOTE 'Foking Retad'.He didn't even eat... I was angry so I just departed. What did he do at the beginning of the quest? Take ALL the bombs and Ballista binder and stay in the Boat's safe area whilst I did all the work. When it was the final show down Dahren fired one of his rock attacks and he fainted. Again it happened again. The final time he fired the dragonator, hunting gong and missed the ballista binder. Then he shouted I'm gonna trap it and then Dahren went for one of his sweep attack and he fainted..

There was once this guy hr 3 with NO ARMOUR and Talisman... I was like 'This guy was probably trying to do the Konchu quest. So here is this unarmed guy and then decides to post Advanced:Sand sailor. I was willing to help so I told him to get armour on and to repost after. He said QUOTE: 'wat armo? tis game has armo?' I was sure he was joking so I waited for him to eat and I just stayed in the Gathering Hall. He began to rant in front of the departure gate and then he started calling me a QUOTE 'Foking Retad'.He didn't even eat... I was angry so I just departed. What did he do at the beginning of the quest? Take ALL the bombs and Ballista binder and stay in the Boat's safe area whilst I did all the work. When it was the final show down Dahren fired one of his rock attacks and he fainted. Again it happened again. The final time he fired the dragonator, hunting gong and missed the ballista binder. Then he shouted I'm gonna trap it and then Dahren went for one of his sweep attack and he fainted..
Haha ! Sorry to laugh, it probably wasn't funny to play with that guy but it sure is funny to read :p

The worst player I've ever met isn't so particular. It was just some guy who basically spent his time in the Gathering Hall, never upgrading armor nor buying potions. So against that Black Gravios Key Quest (I was gold crown already but helping others to level up), he carted several times (we restarted that quest countless times) even though I was trying to heal him sometime. We eventually got fed up with him, so I kicked him (saying "Falcon Kick!" :p) and the two other people agreed. Then we did the quest with only 3 hunters and managed it two times in a row (one for each player who wanted to rank up) :p

Reactions: Ramphy
I also want to say an honorable mention. Myself... I was a total noob and knew nothing about the game, as I had only played the demo. I used incomplete sets online and my skills were terrible. I used a bone glaive which the kinesect's speed was 60 and I always got carted. I didn't know about key quests and then I met someone who changed me. Now I'm not that bad.

Reactions: Hayleia
Oh yeah, I don't complain about people who change. I mean, the reason why we tried that Gravios over and over is that we kept telling that guy to use potions but he still didn't. If he did, he probably wouldn't have been kicked. Or if I wasn't patient, I would have kicked him sooner. But nope, we were patient and he didn't listen.

Ok, so its the "there once was a hunter who..." game, huh? Lol
Anyways, my experience (tho it may seem impossible...) is as follows:
I had FINALLY got G1 (Through blood, sweat, & tears!) &, of course, I wanted to try a new g rank quest. However, I didn't have many friends online & those that were always seemed to have full halls; talk about popular...
So, in order to complete my goal, I needed 3 things:
1.) Help! (I didn't stand a chance! :()
I created a gathering hall.
2.) A strategy- I didn't know if both Kechas shared the same move set...
I eventually decided to do just what I intended at 1st- I based it on normal Kecha.
3.) My glaive! (Couldn't forget that, now could I? xD)
I forged the Blue Zam glaive!
The hunters who joined me were a G1 (Gravios set + hammer), a G2 (Full Tiger Zam set + LS), & a Silver Crown (Cham mixed set W/ cool skills + bow).
As soon as the quest started, me & G2 were standing face to face with our target- Ash Kecha! (1st impression: Its BLUE!! Awesome!! :D)
So I instantly set a trap (Did I mention I had a mixed Kecha set with SpeedSetup +10 talisman? How ironic! Lol) & placed 2 bombs. G2 sets a small barrel bomb RIGHT beside it(!!!) & then... Well, u know. -.-
Ok, no biggie, right? Just a stupid monkey! It still gets trapped, I mount/ topple it & were just wreaking HAVOC on its face!ut then, I stopped & realized: where was the bow guy? He was CHILLIN!!! I mean he was just sitting there cooking meat like it was A BBQ!! I figured he ran out of stamina so eh, whatever.
It flees the zone & we give chase! After a few more traps/ successful mounts, we managed to make it limp to healing zone. This victory's as good as ours! Or so we sadly thought... From that point on, it seemed like fate itself had bared its gnashing fangs against us... Somehow, G2 & I had nearly a sliver of health left & just as I go to use lifepowder- "That person's name" has fallen unconscious! Then, meat guy shows up out of nowhere setting bounce bombs all over the place yelling: "I got it!" (Oh you got it alright... *refrains from completing that thought* Like: "Bruh!" -.-) & then, to top THAT off, he faints! Truly pathetic, really...
So there I am- no stamina, red sharpness, & only a fraction of health left- trying in vain to finish off this creature, when meat guy sets/ detonates a Large barrel bomb+ in the only location that he figures could kill it- he set it right behind me.
BRUUUUHH!!!! WHHHHYYYY??!?! :banghead::cry::eek:
Needless to say I kicked him. & Then I quit. Overcome with the knowledge that I was the 1 who dared accept this... This WANNABE of a hunter into my hall!!
*facepalm of facepalms* Dx

Good lord these are one of the few times I hope that dude you met was just a troll because its so unreal hahaha

Good lord these are one of the few times I hope that dude you met was just a troll because its so unreal hahaha
Lol. IKR. But he was HR3

The worst player I encountered was a person that would farm off me. They would go into the zone where the monster was and stay there so that they keep dying and due to that we lost, well I lost and I had to join a new gathering hall. That is the worst player I encountered in monster hunter.

Back