Worst video game purchase?

• Thread starter shanic132
  • Start date
Alright for real though, Guitar Hero Live for PlayStation 4.

Paid full price for it and hated it. I loved every other Guitar Hero game but the new control scheme is just not comfortable. I tried for about 5 hours or so to get used to it, but I just can't. There's no where to put your pinky and it hurts.

Doesn't help it was like $70 cheaper a few weeks later

I was so stupid to buy Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity for the 3DS. I had high expectations and then only met with a lame story, tedious and redundant tasks and lazily presented overall content and post-game features. There were so many things I could have bought off the eShop instead of that ;-;

Reactions: Mikaya
I bought naruto storm generations for $50. It was fun... for about an hour.

Reactions: Kakea
Cars 2 for DS... The reason I decided to buy it is because I enjoyed Cars Race-o-Rama on my friend's DS and expected Cars 2 to be as good or even better. The game turned out to be a seemingly unpolished and unfinished mess that one could finish in a few hours of play, with no real replay value and a repetitive nature. Definitely a lot worse than Cars Race-o-Rama. I didn't enjoy it and decided to give it away to a cousin. A waste of £20.

Probably Nintendogs: Chihuahua and Friends. I had some fun in that game don't get me wrong. I even taught one of my dogs to moon but the game is really repetitive and boring. Needing to wash and feed your dog before walks and competitions was annoying and was my least favorite part next to teaching tricks. The game just isn't real. Your dogs don't die and you can find presents out of nowhere while taking your dog for a walk. My favorite part about the game was the ability to find Records. It's an average game for time wasting but my least favorite out of the ones I have.

Didn't actually purchased this game but It was given to me by my cousin. It was "Finding Waldo" something for the Ds and omg it game me a headache every time I tried to play it :rage:
My dad bought me Spitfire, it was suppose to be a plane war game with history inserted in for rewards
the controls were horrible! I wanted to like a flying game but, it was so horrid I couldn't force myself to like it! :punch:

Reactions: Robbie
My dad bought me Spitfire, it was suppose to be a plane war game with history inserted in for rewards
the controls were horrible! I wanted to like a flying game but, it was so horrid I couldn't force myself to like it! :punch:
Haha the typical Ds games :p

I didn't purchase it, it was gifted to me by a close friend some time ago. I'm talking about the "B-17 Fortress in the Sky" game. The game is really bad: way too repetitive, gameplay is awful, graphics and effects are awful and the way they show up the story is boring. I don't know if my friend did purchase it or if it was gifted to him as well, but whoever bought it, must have regreted it a lot. Now I'm trying to sell it, but no one wants to buy it :(
I have that game and your right it is pretty repetitive and hard. If the controls were better I would give it 6 out of 10. My friend's worst purchase was Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric. I played it at his house and died at the lag in offline multiplayer. We actually beat the game had nightmares that night and considered grinding up the disk and flushing it down the drain. We sold it the next day to GameStop. The guy at the desk said we're lucky as the game is gonna go down in value really fast.

My Worst Purchase Was The Crash Spyro Double Pack. I Owned Both Those Games Already ,-, Plus I Had Beaten Both Those Games Already .-. ..... That game is really cozy in my trash can right now.

Ryu Sm4sh DLC. His controls were confusing and I almost never play as him.

I personally don't have any purchases that i'm unhappy about, but boy, does my brother do. One of them was called Darts Up 3D. It was $1.00. The first time I looked at the title screen, I knew that it was gonna be a crappy game from the start. First of all, LOUSY graphics indeed. Second of all, there was a creepy voice that kinda sounded like Siri saying, "Darts Up 3D" .

When we got into the game (we were playing multiplayer) it was my brother's turn. He didn't really know what to do, so he just moaned in frustration and fiddled with the controls for a second (bad controls). When he finally got his dart to shoot, he... well... his dart was WAY off. He got 0 points. :cat:

Next, it was my turn. The aiming was so bad, I thought, "No wonder he scored 0 points...". I got my dart to shoot, and I got one point. I won with 1 freaking point. Welp, after that, I said, "Play this overrated game yourself." and then walked away. Yay ._.

Pretty much almost any Nintendo DS/Lite/I Game based off of a tv show or movie.
My worst purchase is almost a tie between two games, Wizards of Waverly Place (TV show that doesn't make episodes anymore), and Rio (The movie with the birds and stuff), but Rio comes out as the worst to me.
My innocent childish self back in the day was excited when my mom let me have the DS game Rio from Walmart, but I didn't play it until the next morning. The first thing I did when I woke up was pop that baby in and got ready for hours of fun! Well, I didn't get hours of fun. I beat in about 30 minutes. It was still morning and I was still in bed. It wasn't even a good game, it was a short and boring 2D sidescroller where you just have to tap in the right spot. It was so easy. I made a mental note to not get those types of games again.

The worst game I've ever purchased has to be Phantasy Star Zero for the Nintendo DS. Being a big fan of both Phantasy Star Online and the MMORPG Phantasy Star Universe I impulse bought it. It was a bad idea. First of all the story sucked and the text based dialouge boxes in between story missions took way to long. Ifound myself skipping the dialouge by pressing the A button for a good 10 minutes just to get to some more gameplay. Speaking of gameplay. It too was god awful. The weapons were just re skins of the same weapon model leaving you looking the same at the end as you did in the beginning.

The worst game I've ever bought had to be Dream Trigger for the 3ds

Two specific cases come to mind, I can't pick just one.

First, at a thrift store, someone bought me the Jimmy Neutron movie game for PC. I wanted to experiment to see what kind of games, good and bad, I could find at a thrift store.

Guys...the control was just as bad as Bubsy 3D. That tells you everything.

The second case was for Final Fantasy 3. Not only did it seem uninteresting compared to other games in the series, but it was HARD. Like, I was getting one hit KOs a half hour in. I got a refund shortly after buying it, because I thought it wasn't worth playing.

Definitely NSMB2. That game was very mediocre IMO at best.

omg thats one of my favorites! that game had me playing for months! wow....just wow >_< well, i guess not everybody can like everything, hahaha ^^

M&M's Kart Racing
Mario Kart with knockoff powerups, M&M's and bad graphics
I ended up trading it for a used FireRed with my friend

I love the Dark Souls franchise a lot. The only thing I regret about buying it is thats it's ssssooooo HHAAAAARRRDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10/10 would pre-order Dark Souls III for $60 though

Last edited by a moderator:
Undertale. That is all.

Castle miner

Back