worst zeldas ever

• Thread starter patbacknitro
  • Start date
patbacknitro

patbacknitro

A C Class Youtuber
Towns Folk
ok i have just found the three worst zelda games of all time. zeldas so bad, that it dosent even go on the zelda timeline. nintndo never speaks of them, and whos blame them. the games are zelda cd-i's. link te faces of evil. zelda wand of gamelon. and zeldas adventures. these games are beyond bad. and we all thought how could someone screw up a zelda game. well these games are our awnsers

Reactions: 18
Out of all the Zelda games I have played, I would have to say my least favorite Zelda game would have to be Zelda:MM. My all time favorite Zelda game would have to be between OoT and WW.

It's so bad that it is cool haha. Nintendo has close to nothing to do with the CD-i games though, it's just that they had "engagements".

The worst Zelda games are obviously the CDI Games. Horrible controls and gameplay. The only thing it has been used for effectively is youtube poop. Which is really lame for me to say about a zelda game. Nintendo does not even identify them.

ya i know. but i dont blame nintendo, they were horrible. imagine the gannon from the cd-i games in ocorina of time. oh god, thatd be a louzy game

It's safe to say I haven't heard of any of those games that have been mentioned! xD

wow, they must have been epic fails...what a shame. Each series has to have a least one below-average game, right? :p

Ya, Nintendo didnt really have anything to do with these games. but thier still zelda. and nintendo couldent be more ashamed of these games.

People acting surprised that they hadn't heard of them....
The CD-i was a multimedia device ahead of its time made by Phillips (it was also terrible). Nintendo wanted a rival to the Mega CD so they got Sony to make a CD based add on to the SNES... Nintendo and Sony disagreed so much it fell through and Nintendo asked Phillips to make one (Sony used what they had created, as well as their new found contacts in the games industry to build a little prototype of a device called a Playstation), Nintendo licensed some of their first party properties to Phillips for a short while to keep them sweet, but as the SNES was becoming obsolete and Nintendo were concentrating on cartridge based gaming for their next console Phillips rushed out a multimedia film/ game/ music player (and almost PC) called the CD-i.

Everything about it was rushed, it was the Jennifer Lopez of home media devices (a jack of all trades, a master of none). The rights to Nintendo properties were still owned for a brief while so some games were forced through (3 Zeldas, a Mario and a promising sequel to SMW that got cancelled). Nintendo didn't acknowledge these at the time, and still don't. They are a blight on the Nintendo landscape. Often someone younger than myself will find these things and put them on youtube to show how bad things can get, but they are best left forgotten (and explain Nintendo's reluctance to let anyone else handle their properties unless under their watchful eye)

I think my least favorite Zelda game would be Zelda II:Link´s Adventure.
I actually liked the CD-I games becuase of the ridicolous Cutscenes.

Nah Zelda 2 wasn't bad, actually it was pretty good. it was just ridiculously hard. almost impossible to beat, especially with all the exploring for the items. I mean there was almost no hints on where anything was, and that's why it was an awesome exploration game. think about the bragging rights for getting farther then your friends. and zelda CD-I was a rip off of it. the gameplay was horrible, the items were pointless, like the rope. you need rope to climb up buildings, but you can run out of rope. how would you be if you could run out of grappling hooks on zelda windwaker, or run out of hookshots in ocarina of time, that would be terrible. they just had no idea how to make a zelda game at all.

I think my least favorite Zelda game would be Zelda II:Link´s Adventure.
I actually liked the CD-I games becuase of the ridicolous Cutscenes.
I agree with @patbacknitro - Adventure of Link is a bold attempt at blending Final Fantasy, Zelda and - to an extent- Metroid. It doesn't necessarily work all of the time and it suffers from horrible translation issues but it is a brutally challenging experience in which even completing one dungeon feels like more of a success than I ever felt playing Twilight Princess

yes, its incredibly challenging. and the fact that if you die you have to start way back at the beginning, makes it incredibly difficult. if you can beat this zelda game you are a true hardcore gamer. and people could beat this game before any internet or cheats to tell them where to go. even though it was different from any other zeldas, it will remain one of zeldas hardest adventure.

Well technically links adventure. being the title. also the fact that you could hardly understand anyone, or that no one had anything helpful to say, it really made it tough

Ocarina of Time is the worst. Hate me if you want, just hear me out. Think about all of the waiting you had to do in the game. Fighting Stalfos, etc. All of the boss fights are the same. Find the obvious, normally glowing spot, hit it attack, profit. The game was too linear. My 2 favorite Zelda games are the original NES one, and A Link Between Worlds. ALBW was linear, but it made up for it with a great plot, and a cool new mechanic. The NES game, though, just dropped you in the middle of nowhere, gave you a pat on the back, and said "Off you go!"

zelda cd-i hate it i say burn it and use it to roast marshmallows also attack the zelda cd-i is the worst not sure what you think ocerina of time is worse then the zelda cdi but oh well i guss

zelda cd-i hate it i say burn it and use it to roast marshmallows also attack the zelda cd-i is the worst not sure what you think ocerina of time is worse then the zelda cdi but oh well i guss
I don't count it as Zelda, it wasn't a Nintendo game. I also haven't played it.

I would say that Legend of Zelda and.. All the non 3d free roam ones Except Four Swords, I just hate 8-bit or whatever bit that was, even if the consoles couldn't have the games we have now I just didn't like them at all

well i have to disagree with the oot statement. it didn't just feature a new mechanic, it featured much more then that. for one it was the first zelda to introduce gorons and zoras, the main beings in zelda. 2. its the first zelda from which you get to ride a horse. 3. the boss fights aren't all the same. you must use what you learned, and the items you have found to discover the bosses weakness. every zelda does that. even zelda 1. one boss you have to use the flute to shrink him,. another boss you need a bomb to blow him up. 4. it had a very great and detailed story line. 4. unlike the zelda games before it, it was the first that introduced many thinks to do other then the quest itself. side quests, games in the villages, interacting with tons of other charecters, even the happy mask salesmen had side quests for you. 5. while its not as challenging as zelda 1. it makes up for that with the intense puzzles in the dungeons. what made zelda one hard was trying to survive the zelda dungeons without running out of your lives. in oot you spend forever trying to find your way through tons of puzzles, then the boss fight that is well worth the trouble. the boss fight is the only thing that makes you keep going through the chalenging puzzles. so while its not like other zeldas, its a zelda of its very own. with ALOT of awsome stuff in it. things that were extremly cool for its time.

The worst on I played is the CD-I game Wands of Gamelon. It's kind of cool that you play as Zelda but the controls are awful and there are huge flaws that can't get covered. So what's the worst LOZ game you have EVER played in your LIFE!

Personally, I thought that The Legend of Zelda DS games were quite lousy. Though Adventure of Link was worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back