Would the 3DS have gotten your attention if it didn't have 3D?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Let's rewind way back to when you first heard about the 3DS and you didn't have one >.<

Would the system have gotten your attention if it did not have the 3D feature Nintendo promoted? :p

Considering I didn't know about 3D and wanted one when I first heard about it, yes.

It would have. I didn't get it for the 3D anyways.

From day one I saw it as a waste tbh xD what attracted me was the higher hardware specs and thus, better games.

Nope, not at all. Most of my brothers got one before I did, so I felt left out most of the time, and had to get one. Then there's all the games a DS couldn't play, the apps, and the fact that my DS was broken at the time and I was left going old school with a GBA until I got one.:cool:

To this day I've probably only used the 3D feature a few times.

I mostly got it for the games, didnt really care too much about the 3D feature.
I honestly feel like they couldve done something better with the 3D feature but they kinda just left it there as an option nobody really uses.

Since the sole reason I bought 3ds is to play Pokemon games the answer is yes and the 3D feature is just an added bonus :3

Reactions: Mikaya
I waited for the 2ds lol

But without the 3D then its basically a better Dsi :p
It would still catch my attention because I really like the DS and the games would be convincing as well. I don't use the 3D much so I would still want to get it. It's a new DS and the DS was amazing so I guess I would want it regardless with/out the 3D feature.

The 3D wasnt totally a factor for me though Ive only recently got my console. Some of my friends had 3DS's for a few years and I borrowed them a few times to play and tried the 3d, was a tad disappointed that it didnt work efficiently but wasnt too big of a deal, all the games were playable without the 3d which is the most important thing. I heard from them that the New version 3DS had perfect working 3d because of the eye tracking etc so Ill admit this was an incentive in my finally deciding to get one.

Yeah. They were marketing the heck out of the 3D feature back at the console's launch and it definitely was a factor in me buying it so early, but I'd probably have ended up buying it a little later even if it didn't have 3D because it had Resident Evil: Revelations as an exclusive and I was a huge RE fan.

Reactions: faustine and randysilverwolf
I mainly just bought it because new console = new games. The 3D feature is mostly a gimmick in my opinion, I used to have 3D on all the time, but lately I don't use it a lot anymore. I was more excited about the Circle Pad than the 3D to be honest :p

Reactions: 18 and Blue Knight
oh definatly i mean i got it just for how amazing it was the last thing i cared about was the 3d i got it for the games i mean i really only turn it on when it actually looks good on a game(very few) or when im not in a car at times.

Yes. Because i new the 3d on it was bad. I just wanted to get up to date with the new games like Pokemon and animal crossing.

I would still get my 3DS even though it doesn't have 3D feature, because usually I'm in for good quality games that runs there, like Pokémon, Disney Magical World and many others. Even though at times I would enjoy using 3D at some occasion, it's the fun from these 3DS games that matter much for me.

To be honest, I dislike the 3D in most games. I bought my 3DS for the games, and they're satisfying to this day. I'm certain I would have bought the 3DS without the 3D. In fact, I'm here in an attempt to get a new one (Pokemon Art Academy).

Reactions: Blue Knight
I would've still picked it up. I don't really care for the 3D feature, I can't remember the last time I actually made use of it. The range of popular titles would've enticed me to buy it anyways, and the lovely design. The 3D effect is just an added perk. xD

I don't care about the 3D, I never use it, and I didn't get the 3ds for that reason anyway. Mostly the only reason I get new consoles is to play the new games. Anyway, at that time I had Pokemon White, and I couldn't progress because I needed the touch screen which was broken (Thanks a lot Bianca for forcing me to join the Musical Theatre against my will) and it's a bit cracked. So getting the 3ds was helpful for that too.

Being fully honest yes sure the feature isn't bad sometimes i use it when i feel like but what has made the console for me have been the amazing amount of games,i have to admit the first time i heard about it,it caught my interest a little but not that much.

Definitely! I didn't pay much attention at all when buying the 3DS to the 3D feature actually. I don't use it a lot, it's more of a burden ? The little slider is so easy to accidentally turn up, I just always end up turning my 3D on! It gets annoying very quickly.. Maybe I'd be better off with the 2DS >.<

Nah, I wanted the 3Ds for its games, not because of its 3D. Its a neat feature but for me, games would be priority. So, if the 3Ds didn't have the 3D function, I'd still buy it. The last time I used 3D might be a month or two back so I don't care about it really xD

Back