Would the 3DS have gotten your attention if it didn't have 3D?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
At first back in 2011,the 3D was something that made me interested in owning the 3DS,but after playing for a good amount of time,if the 3D gimmick was non-existent,then I'd get the console anyway because it has an endless vault of amazing games to choose from.It is nice to see most of the games I own with the feature on,although for the majority of time I play the 3DS,I keep forgetting the 3D functionality is a thing,so to answer your question,yes. :p

I still would of. I never got a dsi so I had, had my ds lite for years, I got my 3ds for the bigger screen and for the games. The 3d feature was just something special but to this day I've probably only used it once or twice.

Even though I don't use the 'primary selling feature' it was never the reason for me buying the 3ds. It was because all the latest games would come out for it and I wanted to play them, I've always loved nintendo and about a year before the 3ds I had gotten into pokemon so I wanted to play all the new pokemon games! :D

Reactions: Robbie
To be really honest, I never would've gotten the 3DS if the top screen of my DS Lite hadn't flopped. :p I was perfectly content with just playing DS games, and just watching my brother play his 3DS. But after checking out some of the features it had up close, and what it could do...I sorta went for it. XD I wasn't crazy about the 3D effects or anything, just the games you could play on it. Like Zelda. :love:

I have vision problems so the 3D function is never used unless i'm willing to suffer through a headache for a cut screen. I only got it because of the games on it.

Reactions: Robbie
I only got the 3DS for the sake of Pokemon XY, so yeah, it would've.

I'd say it would have got my attention even if it didn't have the 3D feature. The real reason I bought it was because I wanted to play the new Pokemon games (XY/ORAS). There were a few other games that I wanted, like AC:NL, but Pokemon was the main reason.

The 3D feature was a nice little add-on to it, I have to say, especially on the New 3ds.

I don't even use the 3D feature, and I only bought it so i could get a better version of my DS. So yes, it would.

I only got the 3DS for the sake of Pokemon XY, so yeah, it would've.
I got it for star fox 64. Still don't have it

I still would've picked the 3DS up even without the 3D features. I got the system for the games it has on it, not the 3D features. I don't even use the 3D features anyways, and on the rare occasion I do, I have it on the lowest setting possible so it doesn't give me a headache or whatever.

I'm pretty sure 13 year old Samuel would have got one regardless of having 3D or not :p When they first announced and also when I got it the AR functions kept interested in it for a while during the initial drought of games, StreetPass Mii Plaza too, I'd change my 3DS's clock just to get more Play Coins daily xD They were also teasing some games I definitely wanted to get, and in the case that they wouldn't interest me, Pokémon would have been the defining factor :p

Maybe, maybe not. Why would Nintendo call something a 3DS if it didnt have 3D? I like the 3D but it can hurt ur eyes on the older models but the 3D makes me think that im about meet Mario or Pikachu in real life. I would be very disappointed if their was no no 3D effect but i would still get it

Yeah, because there's great games on it. I rarely use the 3D feature, but I still personally think that it is a cool and unique perk for a console (or handheld, whatever sails your OTP). :p

Probably not at first. I'd probably goad myself into getting one seeing that they made Smash bros (or other great games) into pretty accurate handhelds.

I would've picked it up even if it didn't have the 3D! I can't see the 3D effect anyways, so it wasn't a selling point for me. :p When my sister still lived with us she'd fiddle with it sometimes and said it was neat, my brother said the same thing.

Plus, I had never had a handheld before and my friends would talk about their DS's frequently so I decided to ask for the 3DS for Christmas. I also find that Nintendo has the best games for me personally, because they have games like Animal Crossing and Kirby. ^o^

If you're talking about the glasses free 3D/slider adjustment I would say I still would've gotten it as I've seen pictures from various 3DS games and the graphics and controls layout was better than the DS and I knew that the 3DS's way of connecting to networks could work in more places than the DS. That and I wanted to play the latest games.

But if your talking about w/o polygons then maybe not.

I would have actually preferred a non-3D system with an even cheaper price tag. 3D is just a gimmick with not an actual long-term use.

I'd still buy my LoZ gold 3DS to play pokemon games. I remember how much money I saved up to buy one without thinking of its features. :p I didn't regret buying this console. :D

Waaaait. You are telling me this thing has 3D?
I got it for the pokemon and smash and kept it for that and some other awesome games (zelda, fire emblem), the 3DS is just a plus.

I was some what disappointed in how many flaws the 3ds had. Mostly how easy it could have buttons stop working

Let's rewind way back to when you first heard about the 3DS and you didn't have one >.<

Would the system have gotten your attention if it did not have the 3D feature Nintendo promoted? :p
back in 2011 i got my 3ds for my birthday i was so surprised (i asked for dsi) first thing it did was turn the 3d on and was blown away (i thought it needed 3ds glasses) and at the time i did not care about the super cool and new 3ds all i wanted was a ds to play pokemon and new super mario bros. but if i would have saw the upcoming games for 3ds(super mario 3d land) i would have asked for a 3ds just for the good looking 3ds games

Back