Would you be surprised if LOZ became an anime?

• Thread starter spagooti
  • Start date
S

spagooti

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
I would be very surprised, I just hope if it happens it would be appropriate.. At the moment the fan made ones I found are a bit inappropriate.

Reactions: Robyn and atomic_ian
one part of me says it would be cool but another part of me says that it would just be kind of pointless, because you would just be seeing the game in a nutshell version, but link in anime = sweet. this reminds of the palutena trailer for smash, did you get the idea from that?

I would be surprised no doubt about it. The matter is that we know this franchise from being a videogame not an anime.
Don't you think if this happens it would have some inappropriate consequences? I mean I don't really know what would really happen but I only hope they just keep on making zelda games rather than concentrating on making an anime

I think they made a really strange one...... Personally I would hate it if they did so

I can't see LoZ becoming an anime. Closest they've had to it was the Palutena reveal trailer with Pit vs Link, but that really didn't feel like it fit for Link like it did for Pit and Palutena. Although it's entirely possible with the art-style they're using now, I couldn't see it as being anything more as a promotional piece (like Pokemon Origins and a lot of the Smash trailers) if it were made as an anime.

I dont think that it would be good. If you give Link or any character a voice, you pretty much ruined the series. I have also seen some youtubers talk about how bad the video game cartoons in the 80-90s were. Now I know that those were made in when we didnt have the technology to make things look great, but if you watch at least one episode of the time, you will dislike it. At least I think it was bad.

I dont think that it would be good. If you give Link or any character a voice, you pretty much ruined the series. I have also seen some youtubers talk about how bad the video game cartoons in the 80-90s were. Now I know that those were made in when we didnt have the technology to make things look great, but if you watch at least one episode of the time, you will dislike it. At least I think it was bad.
If Nintendo never gave Mario a voice and then suddenly you heard "Itsa Mario!" How would you feel?
That's exactly what they done, if they gave Link a voice in the beginning everything would be fine, even if it's just "HAAAYAAWWWHH"

Reactions: Robyn and Derp
I think it would take insoiration from one of the games and just sumorize it, kinda like sonic X

I would be most surprised, and a little worried that they might ruin it, but if they do it correctly, it would be awesome!

Reactions: Bluefoot
LOZAnimatedTitleScreen.jpg

Technically it's already a thing... "Excuuuuse me, princess!"

But if they made a new Zelda anime and it was actually good, I don't mind one bit. Like the old Super Mario World cartoon, if it's good, I'll watch it.

Reactions: Ackattack2823
Well, surprised isnt actually the Word for me, but I would react. I usually dont watch anime, but if there was to be made a legend of Zelda anime, I would most likely watch it. The only anime I have ever watched is pokemon, and I watched thata as a kid, so im not sure if I would enjoy it or not. but since its zelda, I would have enjoyed anyway :).

I would be very surprised cause Link doesnt fit in an anime cause he doesnt have a *cough* proper *cough* voice actor

If they could work the no talking and such in, I'm sure it would be good. Though Nintendo won't do it.

As much as I don't like the idea of Link having a voice (it would ruin the whole "link with the player" feel the Zelda series is known for), I think a Zelda anime would be cool. If they could do it right, anyways. And the cartoon from the late '80s is *not* an anime, it is Western animation.

Well,I dunno if it's true,but I thought I heard something about a Zelda anime being worked on,following A Link to the Past storyline awhile back.I'm not sure if it was a fluke or not however.But if it isn't,I'd definitely think that Nintendo should practically be breathing on the animators' necks to make sure everything goes alright.From the comments above,I can tell there'd be a lot of hate if one little thing isn't perfect, lol. XD Now,if Nintendo decided that Link should have a choice actor,they should either try getting the Japanese voice-actor of Kirito,or Eren.Or if none of those,try to find someone who they think fits Link perfectly if they don't wanna keep him quiet. :3

If somebody was to make a Legend of Zelda anime, i'd at least want it based on the Wind Waker Link. There are two reasons why I say this. (1) if you've already played the game, you already know what Link's voice sounds like. In the Tower of the Gods dungeon, when Link commands the statues to move, he shouts "come on!" and the statues follow him. Just those two words tells us that voice acting for our green hero shouldnt be an issue. (2) The Wind Waker in general was a bad <censored> game regardless of art style. I believe it can be done, but if it does, I'd rather that Nintendo, the rightful owners of the series, take on such a challenge to do so.

Eh, I would be extremely surprised if they made it an ANIME.

I wouldn't really be all that surprised if they made it a 3D show in the vain of Rabbids Invasion on Nick. It would have to be Toon Link though.

I think it's be cool, if anything it should a anime. They just shouldn't make Link talk...he never talks so they should keep it like that (ugh that old cartoon...he was so annoying I saw the series on Netflix and well...lets just say Excuse me Princess got old very fast....) his companions could talk though I love to hear Zelda or Midna talk and lets not forget
hey_listen.gif

Reactions: 3823
Well, there is a cartoon for LoZ. But if you want an anime-feel for LoZ, there's a Manga edition for it.
It's a box set by Akire Himekawa. A collector's find, I guess. Because you need to pre-order it first.

yes. It would suck. not cause it's bad or anything, but the definitely wouldn't get the voices right (except maybe japan) and then what? what would the plot be? Like seriously

Reactions: 3823
Back