Would you be surprised if LOZ became an anime?

• Thread starter spagooti
  • Start date
yes. It would suck. not cause it's bad or anything, but the definitely wouldn't get the voices right (except maybe japan) and then what? what would the plot be? Like seriously

I agree with that. Also, I don't wanna see an LoZ show. I feel like it would ruin the videogame aspect of it. But eh that's just me :p

Reactions: 532 and blinboy
I personally think that it would be very cool to see a The Legend of Zelda series anime but it is kinda really hard to see a possibility of it happening so I doubt it could very well happen :/ But if it did happen , then I would really love to watch it . Knowing that a fact that there is already The Legend of Zelda manga there is like an equal equal chances . Hopefully it will not dissapoint fans though ...

I would be REALLY surprised if they even released a LoZ anime. The reason? Well, first of all the original animation really sucked. The voice acting was bad and the story was terrible, and then there was the Zelda movie pitch which Imagi Animation Studios, the former computer animation studio behind "TMNT" and "Astro Boy," pitched a CGI "Legend of Zelda" movie to Nintendo. Which Nintendo shut down.
You can watch the pitch here:
And the message i got from that, was that Nintendo doesn't want a Zelda animation.

Reactions: Chaosity
Oh my thats probuably the best idea eva!
I love Zelda and Anime :D
I'd watch every episode no matter what that would be great to watch.
Mark :)

I would be surprised because it's a terrible idea. Zelda was more intended to be a game rather than an animated series however it's possible and may be difficult to plan out right in the first place. There are various times Zelda was animated by BIC like the Super Mario Super Show as well as the CDi games. Although the games give a cinematic experience it does not have enough content in my mind for it to be an animated series unless it was based off a spin-off like Hyrule Warriors where people battle all the time and wouldn't care about the story or like Four Swords where the TMNT personalities and action is separated between characters.

I would be surprised because it's a terrible idea. Zelda was more intended to be a game rather than an animated series however it's possible and may be difficult to plan out right in the first place. There are various times Zelda was animated by BIC like the Super Mario Super Show as well as the CDi games. Although the games give a cinematic experience it does not have enough content in my mind for it to be an animated series unless it was based off a spin-off like Hyrule Warriors where people battle all the time and wouldn't care about the story or like Four Swords where the TMNT personalities and action is separated between characters.
Fair enough :)
ITs like the movies I guess, for example Mortal Kombat those movies have extremely low rating because they were poorly made.
I guess games just aren't meant to be made into movies or animes :(
Oh and btw :
This is how I found out about games being turned into poorly made movies, game theory is amazing :D

I would be surprised... And I think it also wouldn't be really popular. I mean, Link doesn't even talk and an Anime in which he's just saying things like "Eh?", "Uaaah!" or "Hah!" would be strange :hilarious:

But I've seen this Legend of Zelda Animation a few days ago and I have to admit that it's actually pretty good ^^
_________________________________________________________________________________
... And then I saw this one... Okay, it's a bit older, but...

Damn, I hate the voices xD

I think The Legend of Zelda should stay a game after all. They already made a manga, but it didn't become very popular as well xD

I wouldn't be surprised but I don't think I'd like it tbh... I prefer Link to remain silent :p

I would be surprised and happy. The Zelda TV that was rumored show for netflix got me the most hyped I have been in a long time (too bad it was fake) I loved the way link looked in the Palutena reveal thingy for smash. Hopefully if it becomes an anime it will have no (or very little) innapropriate stuff.
E3-2014-Super-Smash-Bros.-Palutena-Anime-Trailer.jpg

Smash-Bros-anime.jpg

Man link is such a boss xD

If that ever happened i want it to be in the style Palutena introduction from Super Smash is. I would really be surprised to see it thought. Nintendo doesn't like making their games into series most of the time. They are too scared to try something new. I was really excited when i found out that there was a LoZ cartoon. Then i saw he 1st episode....:vomit:

I would hate if The LoZ series became anime!!! It would be completely stupid and pointless

Man, why is everyone bashing this idea?

I said before that I was a little iffy on the idea because it might ruin the "link with the player" aspect that Nintendo intended for the games to have, but the more I think about it, the more I like it.

I've seen a couple people mention the Palutena/Dark Pit reveal trailer for SSB4, and I agree with the sentiment that Link looked awesome in it. I would love to see a similar art style, but as a full-on anime.

And now out comes the anime nerd in me... I've recently gotten into Sword Art Online, and I really like the concept behind it. Maybe, just maybe, the LoZ anime could follow something similar in the regard of maintaining that Link is the player. I think something like that would be interesting, but, y'know, that's me. I'm sure everyone has their own idea of what's right and whatnot, but in the end, most of the ideals behind the Zelda anime would be promoting an amazing Nintendo line that has been going for over 25 years now.

Honestly, I would be surprised if it did become an anime. In fact, I'd be surprised even more if it would become a good anime, seeing that's pretty unlikely. Link is not supposed to have voice acting, and it would just feel...weird, hearing Link talk for the first time (Not counting CD-i era cartoon)

The guess the exploration would seem fine, but I personally don't like the idea.

Kinda yes but kinda no at the same time... like there are so many adventures they could go on and all that money that nintendo would make from it and i love anime so i would love it and nintendo knows that most of there fans would love it also. So that part of me says yes... Now for the part of me that says no... I think the reason that they havent made a zelda anime yet is because they are afraid that the same thing will happen with this zelda anime then what happened with the mario bros. show.

I would be somewhat surprised.

...though i do secretly (not so secretly anymore) hope that if they do make one, it should be based on oot or tp.

...and animated by ufotable, of course! I mean, nintendo has a lot of money to spare, they could easily pay for a seriously top-notch animation

I would be somewhat surprised.

...though i do secretly (not so secretly anymore) hope that if they do make one, it should be based on oot or tp.

...and animated by ufotable, of course! I mean, nintendo has a lot of money to spare, they could easily pay for a seriously top-notch animation
Yes, none of that spin-off stuff from the 90's.... *shudder*

Back