Would you buy a Nintendo smartphone?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date

Would you buy a Nintendo smartphone?

• Total voters
No, but not necessarily because I believe the idea is silly, primarily because I've never owned a phone and don't plan on doing so in the near future. I prefer bulkier technologies like my laptop, especially since I don't go outside much. Or have any friends. I mean, if I had friends, a phone would certainly be more useful. But I don't, and that's that.

If they made a smartphone? Seems kind of pointless, but I wouldn't put it past them to have another aspect to compete with. Specs? Abilities? No idea; as far as I'm concerned, a phone is a phone. I'm sure many would be arguing over camera qualities and the like but none of that has ever bothered me, even if I did own a phone I doubt this viewpoint would change.

All I hope for is amiibo support. Nintendo seem to have a habit of sticking NFC readers in all their technologies nowadays. Even though it's a gimmick that's mostly be done away with, they might as well, and they probably would. That's Nintendo for you.

I would love Nintendo to record all my messages and texts for personal gain and go online with my NSO for my phone. That being said I did use the Xtransceiver with my friend and we talked about what types of Pokemon we'd want to see next. I said Poison/Dragon with Levitate, he said Grass/Dragon. I got my request first in Pokemon XY without the ability of course. You never know what to expect. Just think what they'd do with a smartphone though.

The idea is interesting but I wouldn't really buy a nintendo smart phone to be honest. It could be a could smart phone for like kids and stuff but it's not for me. The concept looks cool. I like that wii u aesthetic. But I'm not sure with the idea. I also don't understand the purpose of nintendo making their own phone? Just seems very odd to me.

Back