Would you buy a Zelda game if the genders were opposite?

• Thread starter spagooti
  • Start date

Girl or man link?

• Man link

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Girl link

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters
S

spagooti

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Well? would you?

Reactions: Super Smash Jordan
Well of course, it's gonna be quite refreshing imo.

I would buy it if it´s good.
*cough* *cough* Zelda and the Wand of Gamelon *cough* *cough*

Idk. It would just seem too different. Reminds me of that one mainseries trailer where the character with the arrow was either a boy or a girl. I would hate it if they were both the same character by far though because... that would never happen. I'd rather play as Zelda/Sheik instead of a female Link, for the record.

Reactions: Spikethestealthy
Yeah sure. I see no problem about this. But I see it would be raise the confusion about zelda/link.

I am unsure wether either choice is better. On one hand, you play as a boy saving a princess and you mainly use a sword, bow and sheild. On the other hand, you play as a girl saving a prince, and you mainly use a sword, a bow and a sheild.
I'd say it would be different, but pretty much the same. I don't think it would be that bad * cough cough (Philips-CDI) cough cough*

Yes but I wish you could play as Zelda instead of Link all the time because she's my favorite character and it would be interesting if she was a playable character.

I would prefer if instead of playing as female Link, we could play as Zelda. But I hardly believe they would change it, because along With Mario kart 8 and super smash bros for wiiu, Zelda U is one of the games that Nintendo believe to get more People to buy a wiiu, and changin the protagonists gender would be a risk.

Reactions: Spikethestealthy and 18
I am unsure wether either choice is better. On one hand, you play as a boy saving a princess and you mainly use a sword, bow and sheild. On the other hand, you play as a girl saving a prince, and you mainly use a sword, a bow and a sheild.
I'd say it would be different, but pretty much the same. I don't think it would be that bad * cough cough (Philips-CDI) cough cough*
Well I doubt a female Link would save a prince, more like the prince would also be evil and female Link would try and save the kingdom from Ganondorf's clutches. That I could deal with.
I would prefer if instead of playing as female Link, we could play as Zelda. But I hardly believe they would change it, because along With Mario kart 8 and super smash bros for wiiu, Zelda U is one of the games that Nintendo believe to get more People to buy a wiiu, and changin the protagonists gender would be a risk.
He has a point.^

Reactions: GerudoWarrior
I most likely would. It's certainly a 'major twist' that some LoZ fans are probably waiting for (but sadly, has a very slim chance of happening). Link would look so weird as a girl though, would it even suit him? :p

I wouldn't re if it was girl link as long as its a traditional feeling zelda i can care less!

Well with you're thoughts I have concluded that if Link was a girl, you may be able to :
1. Choose Female or Male
2. Choose to be a character from the Zelda Franchise (Tetra, Zelda, Saria, A goron, etc.)
3. Change female/male Links clothes.
That would be grand.

In my mind you could choose between genders, and I'm sorry but what you said sounded very sexist

Last edited by a moderator:
In my mind you could choose between genders, and I'm sorry but what you said sounded very sexist
Im sorry if it sounded that way, because that is so far from what I meant.
If Link had been female since the very first zelda game on the NES, I would had the excact same opinion when it came to change the prrotagonists gender :).

Im sorry if it sounded that way, because that is so far from what I meant.
If Link had been female since the very first zelda game on the NES, I would had the excact same opinion when it came to change the prrotagonists gender :).
oh my I just noticed I sounded so mean, I'm sorry too :bag:

oh my I just noticed I sounded so mean, I'm sorry too :bag:
No worries :).

Girl Link, Boy Zelda, anyone?

I would buy the game, even if the genders were opposite. It still would probably have a nice adventure, and it would be more unique. A female Link going on an adventure, saving a prince (Zelda)? That sounds pretty fun and weird IMO (which I like). Although it would have a major twist, it seems pretty cool.

Girl Link, Boy Zelda, anyone?

I would buy the game, even if the genders were opposite. It still would probably have a nice adventure, and it would be more unique. A female Link going on an adventure, saving a prince (Zelda)? That sounds pretty fun and weird IMO (which I like). Although it would have a major twist, it seems pretty cool.
We'll actually there's a thing where people say that if the genders were gender bent it'd be female link and .. Zeld (0-0)

Hey on the subject of feminism there is a Youtuber (that got kickstarted) out there who talks about stuff like this called feministfrequency. I just don't bother watching it because for one I just heard about it today going on Youtube and for two and want your interpretation first. Because the female audience is overlooked in most Nintendo franchises? Because females have different opinions on entertainment value? I just don't get it.

I would be down with that. I see no problem with Link being a girl and it would actually be quite an interesting spin on the series. So yeah if that ever happens, sign me up!

I am not whether chouvinist or feminist but do you think it would make a difference if the genders were opposite? I think it would't, women have demostrated all male gamers that they are able to have a great title of their own, just think about Bayonetta.

Back