Would you buy a Zelda game if the genders were opposite?

• Thread starter spagooti
  • Start date

Girl or man link?

• Man link

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Girl link

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters
I am not whether chouvinist or feminist but do you think it would make a difference if the genders were opposite? I think it would't, women have demostrated all male gamers that they are able to have a great title of their own, just think about Bayonetta.
Exactly, it wouldn't change the game at all, thats what I was trying to point out, I was just looking for reactions

It would be very strange and would get me confused. I would love if there was an option between girl or boy Link. It would be really big of a change so if Link was a girl I wouldn't buy the game unless if it was that good.

I doubt I'd really care, but the genders being swapped would be a bit of a weird change for the franchise imo. I wouldn't be surprised if they choose to do so eventually though

I don't care if Link be a girl or boy, as long as they don't mess up the legend of Zelda gameplay but I would say it will be interesting to see Link as female because Nintendo doesn't have many female main protagonist in their games and I think it will get more female gamers to play video games.

I would love the female link better since it would fit with the tunic more. I would also buy the game just to find out how the story will play out

I would probably get it, but it just wouldn't feel right, or for that matter, necessary in any way shape or form. I mean WHY would you want the genders to be swapped? If they did that, it would probably be a little off, because they'd just be shoving in our faces the fact that the genders were swapped, rather than giving us a GOOD story. The way I see it if you want to play as a female, go play Metroid. Besides, what difference would it make anyways besides what the audience WANTS to think while playing it? Lastly, I'd think it a little odd to have a boy named Zelda.

I would probably get it, but it just wouldn't feel right, or for that matter, necessary in any way shape or form. I mean WHY would you want the genders to be swapped? If they did that, it would probably be a little off, because they'd just be shoving in our faces the fact that the genders were swapped, rather than giving us a GOOD story. The way I see it if you want to play as a female, go play Metroid. Besides, what difference would it make anyways besides what the audience WANTS to think while playing it? Lastly, I'd think it a little odd to have a boy named Zelda.
Just because the gender is swapped for the hero, does not necessarily mean Zelda will become a boy. I think the focus is more on how it'd be if we were to see a female Link in the game (as was originally speculated with Zelda U)

I say they should make a game with zelda as the protagonist
The game is called the legend of ZELDA after all but link is the one who appears the most
Maybe link can get captured for a change haha

I say they should make a game with zelda as the protagonist
The game is called the legend of ZELDA after all but link is the one who appears the most
Maybe link can get captured for a change haha
If Zelda is the hero since Link gets captured it should be named Legend of Link.

Idk im not sexist or anything. i just think it would be really strange. refreshing yes, but still having a girl link...i could see this. But what are we going to have a prince zeldo now? that just sounds weird.:wtf:

No, just no.

I like Zelda how it is. I'd rather play as Zelda herself instead of changing the whole character. Then again, it depends on the story...

Though I really enjoy the Legend of Zelda series more right as it is , if the genders were opposite I'd say that it would be very interesting to play , as things can be very fun to try and the story and all could be really unique and of course the characters and their personalities as well XD so if there were a game like that I'd certainly buy it :p

I wonder what would happen, if there was a female Tingle... The idea of a female Link is interesting for sure but I think that there are quite a number of games out their that already portray women as brave warriors, and in Hyrule Warriors you can play as Zelda, so I guess it would be OK...

I would. We need more games with strong female leads that don't have an obvious advantage over the enemies. Plus this way we get to save the prince of Hyrule which bends the stereotype of girls always needing to get saved by a Prince Charming.

Yush ^-^

I would like it as more of a side-option, I want the main character to be male link tho, :bag:

Last edited:
Well? would you?
Genders within games should be neutral, so that's why I voted Girl Link

I probably would, but I honestly dont care. I think it would be really cool for the Zelda franchise to add a girl version of link. Since some girls do play zelda. The game promotes boys to play, and girls have to play as boys. This should be more of an option when you start the game, in pokemon or something, and you choose your gender.

If I was playing as a female I would play as Zelda. Female link sounds too confusing and weird. Idk thats just me. But having a Zelda/shiek game would be AWESOME. It could be about what she did when link was asleep for 7 years in Oot. Like in hiding and stuff, maybe exploring dungeons for safe shelter or something. I dunno... xD

Back