Mario Kart Would You Enjoy Mario Kart 8 Without Items?

• Thread starter Happy190
  • Start date
Happy190

Happy190

The Shyguy
Towns Folk
Would you enjoy Mario Kart 8 without items?
If Nintendo chose to remove items It would not only ruin the game but also takes away the fun in Mario Kart.

I wouldn't, items add a sort of randomness and luck to the game that you don't get in all racing games.

It also makes you reconsider having low acceleration and high speed on your car thingie.

Without Items , normally the game would be rather bland and I wouldn't like it . Usually items are very fun to use and adds more to the competition . I can hardly imagine fun in a Mario Kart race without items :confused: so items are what usually changes the tides of the winning place so without them , it would be horrible >.<

Reactions: 3391
Mario Kart 8 revolves around the use of items to slow down other opponents and or to benefit yourself. Mario Kart 8 would be like any other racing game like PGR or Need For Speed without items, but a lot cuter. With that said, I might still enjoy MK8 if they added in 300cc just for the lols.

Yes without items MK8 was be more real and will take a better real experience of kary racing

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH

No, I would not, because items are what make MK games fun. They can give you an edge in races or make you lose if you're the victim of shells and such. xD

just plain racing is no fun at all. You'd stay in the same place (i.e 3rd) and it would be a matter of who has the fastest Kart - who would most likely win.

Reactions: 423
I wouldn't enjoy a mario kart 8 without items because then shortcuts would be scarce. Also, it would just take almost all of the fun out of game. like beating up opponents with a super horn. that is why I think mario kart 8 should and has items.

No because if you have a slower kart or something you couldn't catch up at all. Also it would just feel like a generic racing game with mario slapped on the cover. H̶o̶w̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶o̶v̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶l̶u̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶.

Mario Kart without items is like Pokemon without the objetive to being able to catch them all,and only allowed to capture 6 for your team.They are what made theses franchises some of Nintendo's most popular franchises,and not having these aspects just makes them feel bland and generic.
While on the topic,I think that if Super Mario Kart didn't have items to begin with,Mario wouldn't like to take another go at the racing streets,since Mario always like to put some tweaks in sports that he and his gang take on,and because of that,we wouldn't have the other ten games(including the three arcade MK games released) that involves the Mushroom Kingdom crew on wacky and memorably fun races.:coffee:
Removing the Blue Shell would be a gift from heaven,though.

I think if nintendo decided to remove mk items from the game, it would stop being what it actually is, an arcade racing game that offers plenty of fun hours to enjoy in company of your friends or even online. In other words, it would just be another 'need for mario kart' thing rather than the great game we know it is.

I still find it fun. It's not even a would, there's a MK8 tournament I play in regularly that is no items, 200cc.
Now if I use my imaaaagination I can feel like I'm playing F-Zero on the Wii U!

...:(

But seriously, while I prefer items in Mario Kart, I still think that (aside from F-Zero GX) itemless MK8 is the best racing game in existence.

I think I wouldn't like Mario Kart without any items. The Mario Kart series introduced the items I believe from the beginning. The items system that Mario Kart uses really makes the series unique.
Back in the day I played a lot of Mario Kart with my mates. Sometimes we'd do a cup without items, and it wasn't even half the fun!
Without the items, Mario Kart would be "just another racing game." The Mario Kart franchise should really continue this system! :)

Maybe. I am ever at 1st place when I am playing offline, so I think it would be better for me because I will stay ever at first place, but it would be boring because there won't be some fun and competition, the bots don't have skill to make the race competitive and if it was online it would be very very boring, because the people there are very better than me, and without the items, Mario Kart would be "just another racing game" like "ItsMehDewKee" said.

No! Items make Mario kart special. Without items no one could break friendships or cause family fueds. The salt running will drop and people will play SEGA AS Racing or the capcom one instead!

I would still love Mario kart 8, because of mini games and multiplayer, but it would lose its touch. The thing that makes MK games special, is the track, characters and then items. WIthout all that it is just a plain old boring racing game :/ I hate racing games, but Mario Kart 8 has made me think different :D (Only for MK type games though, I still hate Fast and Furious, etc.)

First off, you can't have Mario Kart without Items in it, it just takes away the fun of the game, whether you're speeding through with the mushroom, obliterating your path with a bullet bill, or anticipating the blue shell while you're in first. Items define Mario kart

I think mario kart 8 is bomb.... but without the items you just wouldn't have the same feel/experience, thats what mario kart is all about!!!

not to mention its more of a challenge

Last edited by a moderator:
Mario Kart would not be Mario Kart without the items, it would just be another racing game. They make the game so random, and if you are in last place, they can help you catch up to everybody. Even though I hate items like the Blue Shell, they make Mario Kart the amazing game it is.

i think i probably would still enjoy playing mario kart. But i do not think that mario kart would be the same anymore. no speed boosts and no shells that would be bad. i still enjoy mario kart and if they removed the items i would still keep gettin the games.

Mario kart would really not be that fun without items but aside from that, it would actually test if you're better than someone else. Let's say u have that one friend who u usually beat. But he keeps denying it cuz u beat him with items. It would be nice to see him lose in a race without items. But if there were ever a choice to turn items of, i wouldn't do it

Back