Mario Kart Would You Enjoy Mario Kart 8 Without Items?

• Thread starter Happy190
  • Start date
IMO, I think that if you were to remove the items from the Mario Kart series, then it would become a little more skill based. But of course, it would have no need because there's already an option to turn items off.

Well to be honest, I'm not sure about that. I mean sure its cool to have a break from items you know but not having at all would be a bummer. I try that before with my friends and it was kinda boring...I mean items bring in the action and fun at the same time. But really I'm having mix feelings about having no items at all. Maybe some people would enjoy Mario Kart 8 without items...possibly.

No. Mario Kart's very essence is in it's fun and fast paced approach, removing itens would kill one of it's core elements.

You can go into settings and disable items if you really want to know what it's like... Seriously though, the game is actually no really fun at all without items. Unlike say, Smash Bros. (where I prefer that items be left off completely), Mario Kart is just not the same without items. It plays a lot like Forza or Gran Turismo, but with more color and variety to the tracks...

Back