Would you want a game like SAO

• Thread starter Jeff The Killer
  • Start date
Jeff The Killer

Jeff The Killer

Go. To. Sleep!
Towns Folk
You know be able to go into the game? I would think it's the best way to spend summer vacation, slaying monsters and hanging out with friends. Wha'cha guys think?

While it DOES sound cool and all, imagine the monster getting that critical strike on you killing you permanently! Also, imagine how you would feel after waking up after months, if not years! Your body being sore will be the least of your concerns! If we are talking about SAO that is. If it's, say, the new Aincrad, then I wouldn't mind at all heavy using and spending day and night in there, until I got bored and disconnected. Also, something incredibly important, the game mechanics MUST change first! I'm not wasting two FULL years of my life, just to get to level 78!:mad: Still, imagine a SAO game for HoloLens! I would totally get addicted to it!

So true that would suck (especially with how slow I level up)...but having it on HoloLens would be awesome!

HoloLens SAO = Real Life .Hack//! :D Let's just make sure we don't get locked in the game too!

Definitely! Going into the game (Virtual Reality) is one of my dream that might not happen in my lifetime.
I love SAO but don't want to get stuck in the game and dies.

The HoloLens and Oculus Rift sounds pretty cool anyway

isnt there a SAO game? if not it could come with virtual reality. i hope that there will be just like in sao these virtual reality glasses, but not that dangerous :p And if they make something with nintendo that we could play smash bros in virtual reality \o/

Actually, there IS a VR SAO game for Oculus Rift, but it's so terrible, it's better left alone! Don't even bother trying to play it, you will hate the series completely! Let's just hope for a HoloLens one.

Not really. I kinda don't want to deal with killing people IRL via game. I would be more happy if there was a game like Log Horizon, which in my opinion, is superior.

Not really. I kinda don't want to deal with killing people IRL via game. I would be more happy if there was a game like Log Horizon, which in my opinion, is superior.
What about No Game No Life?:D Wouldn't that be even more cool?

I personally wouldn't mind getting stuck in a world like SAO. As my pic probably suggests, I love the series, I would probably be first in line for just the beta. The whole life or death thing kinda isn't important, I mean, even in real life, you're gonna be in constant danger. At least safety in SAO is guaranteed in the Inns.

I've thought the exact same thing. Even in real life you can die, so why wouldn't you want to play a game like SAO. The only problem is that you will die eventually if you don't beat the game. Your real body will deteriorate while you're out killing monsters and stuff.

I've thought the exact same thing. Even in real life you can die, so why wouldn't you want to play a game like SAO. The only problem is that you will die eventually if you don't beat the game. Your real body will deteriorate while you're out killing monsters and stuff.
True, true, but it would be an epic finish though, beats final boss, explodes into tiny floating crystals 5 secs later

I'm interested in the game, I object to the perma-death (I don't fancy the "if you die in game and can't log back in" idea. maybe an XP penalty instead?)

Of course you wouldn't want to die, I mean who wants to lol. I would want an extreme penalty for dying to make the game seem more real and to give dying importance though.

doesn't losing your life make death important?

doesn't losing your life make death important?
No it doesn't. How can you explain when Kirito got killed in battle, he came back to life. So the death concept is pointless because you can come back to life if you believe hard enough. So no.

Plus, it's YOUR choice to battle. If I was stuck in SAO, I'd stay in a town and let the other guys fight while I stay safe.

No it doesn't. How can you explain when Kirito got killed in battle, he came back to life. So the death concept is pointless because you can come back to life if you believe hard enough. So no.

Plus, it's YOUR choice to battle. If I was stuck in SAO, I'd stay in a town and let the other guys fight while I stay safe.
I think I would stay in a town too, but I would still do lots of grinding while always playing it safe. Isn't that better?

I think I would stay in a town too, but I would still do lots of grinding while always playing it safe. Isn't that better?
Nope. Kirito said he could hack the game from the inside but never did it. So I would hack the game, allow ranged weapons and spells, become super op, and stay safe.

Nope. Kirito said he could hack the game from the inside but never did it. So I would hack the game, allow ranged weapons and spells, become super op, and stay safe.
When did he even say that? Also, SAO doesn't have spells.

Back