• Thread starter jamesnail12
  • Start date

How do you rate my team?

• Total voters
jamesnail12

jamesnail12

Ultimate Yu-Gi-Oh Nerd
Towns Folk
I already made a post similar to this one, but this is my updated team. This is just so you guys can tell me how to improve my team. I normally sweep people who come unprepared, but bring even a single competitive fairy type and my whole team comes crashing down. I have yet to EV train some of them, but that will come. Don't tell me to EV train them, working on it. I have a life, you know. I do need move suggestions, etc.

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Shadow Ball, Zap Cannon, Energy Ball, Ice Beam

Yveltal @ Wacan Berry
NOT EV TRAINED YET
Oblivion Wing, Psychic, Phantom Force, Dragon Rush

Mewtwo @ Mewtwonite Y
252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Psychic, Aura Sphere, Protect, Recover

Rayquaza @ Eject Button
252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Energy Ball, Fire Blast, Blizzard, Thunder

Arceus @ Iron Plate
252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
Judgment, Hydro Cannon, Blast Burn, Earth Power

Dialga @ Adamant Orb
NOT EV TRAINED YET
Iron Tail, Flash Cannon, Roar of Time, *pending move slot*

EDIT:
My team has undergone COLOSSAL revamps, the only REAL members that are still there are Yveltal, Rayquaza, and Mewtwo. The other 3 got replaced. The Dialga HAS a move in the last slot, but I am looking for advice to replace it.

Last edited:
That is great team in my opinion . It is pretty well-balanced for most battles so I would say that it is very good :D I suggest however that you EV and IV train the first two Pokemon on your list so that they will be at a better potential . Also by the way , you actually tagged some members here :rolleyes:

Woops, noticed the accidental tags. Removed them. Thank you, it's not a great team, but good enough to defeat somebody with full arceus team. And I already had plans to EV train all that are not EV trained.

I already made a post similar to this one, but this is my updated team. This is just so you guys can tell me how to improve my team. I normally sweep people who come unprepared, but bring even a single competitive fairy type and my whole team comes crashing down. I have yet to EV train some of them, but that will come. Don't tell me to EV train them, working on it. I have a life, you know. I do need move suggestions, etc.

Hydreigon @ Focus Band
NOT EV TRAINED YET + IVS UNKNOWN
Fly, Dragon Pulse, Charge Beam, Focus Blast

Yveltal @ Red Card
Oblivion Wing, Psychic, Phantom Force, Dragon Rush

Mewtwo @ Mewtwonite Y
252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP + 32 SpAtk / 32 Spd / 32 HP / ? / ? / ?
Psychic, Aura Sphere, Protect, Recover

Rayquaza @ Eject Button
252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP + IVS UNKNOWN
Energy Ball, Fire Blast, Blizzard, Thunder

Aggron @ Shell Bell
252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spd + 32 Atk / 32 Def / 32 SpDef / ? / ? / ?
Stone Edge, Earthquake, Iron Head , Dragon Claw

Groudon @ Lum Berry
Earthquake, Rock Slide, Eruption, Rest
? This team is Average I guess in my opinion, because you don't have a stealth rock or something like a Cloyster for Rapid Spin and then maybe Spikes or Toxic Spikes. Playing Ubers is tricky though and too many legendaries could result in failure :p

Reactions: Vernal
Hydreigon is mostly a special attacker, so I would get rid of fly and put a powerful stab move like Draco Meteor.
You might want to give Defog to one of your Pokemon to get rid of entry hazards on the field.
Your items are not very good. Focus band and Shell Bell are not good items. I recommend replacing the Shell Bell with leftovers. Rayquaza is also meant to be a powerful sweeper, so I recommend getting rid of the Eject Button and giving it Life Orb.

I'm assuming all your 32 IVs are really 31? Also I would recommend going to the stats judge to learn the unknown IVs just to have a better idea of what you're working with.

Hydreigon is mostly a special attacker, so I would get rid of fly and put a powerful stab move like Draco Meteor.
You might want to give Defog to one of your Pokemon to get rid of entry hazards on the field.
Your items are not very good. Focus band and Shell Bell are not good items. I recommend replacing the Shell Bell with leftovers. Rayquaza is also meant to be a powerful sweeper, so I recommend getting rid of the Eject Button and giving it Life Orb.
Shell Bell, true enough isn't reliable unless you are running a hyper offensive Pokemon. Defog works best but not a lot of favorable Pokemon can use it. Usually rapid Spin is used to clear out entry hazards to help CHarizard. BTW I don't think that IV's matter too too much @Jack

It doesn't matter if they're ev trained or not, you can always do that later. :p
It's honestly better to post your planned EVs so we can fix them.

Anyways, I'm confused as to why your Hydreigon has fly. Fly should never be used in competitive play, somebody can just switch in a pokemon that resists it and then set up to sweep.

It doesn't matter if they're ev trained or not, you can always do that later. :p
It's honestly better to post your planned EVs so we can fix them.

Anyways, I'm confused as to why your Hydreigon has fly. Fly should never be used in competitive play, somebody can just switch in a pokemon that resists it and then set up to sweep.
Yeah true dat. Fly/Sky Attack/basically any charge up move is really bad because of what up said. You could only used like SolarBeam in the sun or Geomancy with Power herb. Maybe he wants to keep for HM in team? But it relaly isn't good for competitive battling.

Needs more Greninja. Everyone could use Greninja, it's just so good. The fact that now Greninja can learn Gunk Shot through the ORAS move tutor, makes it that much better. I like the physical one because it's so unsuspecting and underrated. I like to run Gunk Shot, U-turn, Rock Slide/Low Kick(Another move tutor move), Waterfall/Water Shuriken(I prefer Waterfall because Water Shuriken hurts when you have Life Orb). There's the special set that works incredibly well too, but everyone knows it by now. I wouldn't take Hydreigon into ubers with a focus band, focus sash is MUCH more reliable. Then again, I wouldn't take Hydreigon into ubers at all because it'll easily get out sped (by Greninja with Ice Beam or U-turn or Low Kick). I'd go with Lati@s with Soul Dew in ubers because it fills Hydreigon's spot and then some, plus it doesn't have the 4x weakness to fairy. As for Aggron, if you want a Physical sweeper, use Mega Mawile, Aegislash, or Extreme Speed Arceaus. Sorry if I repeated some of what others said, I kinda skimmed through the comments(which is why I didn't mention Hydreigon with Fly). I hope you find good luck with your team, happy hunting ;).

Reactions: Hikki
One more thing, Eject Button isn't a good item for Rayquaza. I'd go for Choice Specs or Life Orb.

Needs more Greninja. Everyone could use Greninja, it's just so good. The fact that now Greninja can learn Gunk Shot through the ORAS move tutor, makes it that much better. I like the physical one because it's so unsuspecting and underrated. I like to run Gunk Shot, U-turn, Rock Slide/Low Kick(Another move tutor move), Waterfall/Water Shuriken(I prefer Waterfall because Water Shuriken hurts when you have Life Orb). There's the special set that works incredibly well too, but everyone knows it by now. I wouldn't take Hydreigon into ubers with a focus band, focus sash is MUCH more reliable. Then again, I wouldn't take Hydreigon into ubers at all because it'll easily get out sped (by Greninja with Ice Beam or U-turn or Low Kick). I'd go with Lati@s with Soul Dew in ubers because it fills Hydreigon's spot and then some, plus it doesn't have the 4x weakness to fairy. As for Aggron, if you want a Physical sweeper, use Mega Mawile, Aegislash, or Extreme Speed Arceaus. Sorry if I repeated some of what others said, I kinda skimmed through the comments(which is why I didn't mention Hydreigon with Fly). I hope you find good luck with your team, happy hunting ;).
It and M-Gengar are basically all-out attackers and suicide pokemon because Greninja is real frail and M-Gengar uses desitiny bond and focus sash. It is fun to try and guess when the oppoent might attack M-Gengar and then use destiny bond lol

It and M-Gengar are basically all-out attackers and suicide pokemon because Greninja is real frail and M-Gengar uses desitiny bond and focus sash. It is fun to try and guess when the oppoent might attack M-Gengar and then use destiny bond lol
The only problem is that Mega Gengar can't use focus sash because it has Gengarite... lol

Reactions: 3823
The only problem is that Mega Gengar can't use focus sash because it has Gengarite... lol
oh derp welp I guess it could still destiny bond with Gengarite after taunt. Use taunt at beginning of match before hey set up toxic spikes, spikes, stealth rock, status moves, etc. Focus Sash and normal Gengar works well too :/

ITS A TARP Gengar
Gengar @ Gengarite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Focus Sash Gengar
Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Sludge Bomb

Yes, you can. You send out Alakazam and Mega Gengar. Make sure the Alakazam has a Focus Sash. Use Trick on the M-Gengar after it mega evolved. You will swap the Gengarite for the Focus Sash. That is how to get items on megas.

oh derp welp I guess it could still destiny bond with Gengarite after taunt. Use taunt at beginning of match before hey set up toxic spikes, spikes, stealth rock, status moves, etc. Focus Sash and normal Gengar works well too :/

ITS A TARP Gengar
Gengar @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Focus Sash Gengar
Gengar @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Sludge Bomb

I prefer mega gengar with

Gengar @ Gengarite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt

Yes, you can. You send out Alakazam and Mega Gengar. Make sure the Alakazam has a Focus Sash. Use Trick on the M-Gengar after it mega evolved. You will swap the Gengarite for the Focus Sash. That is how to get items on megas.
Mega stones can't be taken away from the holder in any way.

I prefer mega gengar with

Gengar @ Gengarite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt
that is for VCG or doubles I am talking bout singles lol

:O