RMT / Team Help [X/Y] My Competitive Team

• Thread starter jamesnail12
  • Start date

How do you rate my team?

• Total voters
TOO MANY UBERS DUDE! Get a new team, those Pokémon are all banned in competitive play no matter if you're playing VGC or Smogon!

TOO MANY UBERS DUDE! Get a new team, those Pokémon are all banned in competitive play no matter if you're playing VGC or Smogon!
Well, I don't play either, but roughly follow Smogon's rules. VGC? Screw VGC. I will almost never compete in that play form. But, alas, I am constructing a mixed non-Ubers team. And yes, NO EXCADRILL.

Well, I don't play either, but roughly follow Smogon's rules. VGC? Screw VGC. I will almost never compete in that play form. But, alas, I am constructing a mixed non-Ubers team. And yes, NO EXCADRILL.
Excadrill is pretty good. He is still Smogon legal, he just moved tiers

Excadrill is pretty good. He is still Smogon legal, he just moved tiers
Yeah, true. He did move tiers, but that doesn't mean he isn't broken to hades. Sand Rush on that thing with max EVs in Speed and Attack with Metal Claw usually results in an entire team getting swept. Plus, a Scizor with Swords Dance and Baton Pass usually means that it can give Excadrill a 2x, 3x, or even 4x attack boost!!! And, a Tyranitar with Sand Stream can get Excadrill the speed it needs, making this thing OP as hades.

Yeah,there's too many legendaries which are ubers in your team.You can't use uber Pokémon in OU.I don't think having 6 legendaries in a team is a good idea.Why don't you add something that resists a competitive fairy type and get a rapid spinner or a Pokémon that can learn defog to get rid of hazards.

Yeah,there's too many legendaries which are ubers in your team.You can't use uber Pokémon in OU.I don't think having 6 legendaries in a team is a good idea.Why don't you add something that resists a competitive fairy type and get a rapid spinner or a Pokémon that can learn defog to get rid of hazards.
I understand this, and my main wall is GeoXern, which I have named Xerneass (get it). Now, entry hazards are not even an issue, as I completely obliterate ALL of the main setup pokemon, including Deoxys-Defense, in 1 turn (I only do triples). But other than GeoXern, fairies are not much of an issue.

Reactions: Evelyn
Oh man your team is full of legendary which is kind terrible strong and unbeatable in some cases. I will suggest you to work with normal pokemon or i guess you are to lazy to do breeding your self (sorry if I sound to mean)

Oh man your team is full of legendary which is kind terrible strong and unbeatable in some cases. I will suggest you to work with normal pokemon or i guess you are to lazy to do breeding your self (sorry if I sound to mean)
Well, let me answer all of those questions.

Oh man your team is full of legendaries - I am working on an OU team at the moment, so this is the most efficient survival method I have found.

Which is kind of terribly strong - Yes, but as I said, most efficient survival method. Hit so hard, you don't have to have a defense.

And unbeatable in some cases - No, my team is easily beat by fairy types. As I mentioned in my post to @Evelyn , Xerneas can absolutely murder my team.

I will suggest you to work with normal pokemon - I am working on an OU team, so bear with me.

Or I guess you are too lazy to do breeding yourself - Yes, this is true, I don't go for IVs. I only go for nature and EVs, along with items and movesets. So, yes, true; too lazy to get that perfect Excadrill.

(Sorry if I sound mean) - No, you don't sound mean. I like critique. That is how my team got to where it is today. 100+ wins online, and nobody but Xerneas stands in my way.

Thanks for the critique!

I've swept an entire Ubers team with Prankster Klefki. It has Swagger, Thunder Wave, Foul Play, and Substitute. However, out of the billions of Garchizzles I have faced, I have only managed to successfully confuse one with swagger.

I've swept an entire Ubers team with Prankster Klefki. It has Swagger, Thunder Wave, Foul Play, and Substitute. However, out of the billions of Garchizzles I have faced, I have only managed to successfully confuse one with swagger.
Bet you can't sweep mine. But great tactic, looks like Xerneas isn't the only one now.

Back