You can game share on the Nintendo Switch

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Someone just told me it is indeed possible to game share on the Nintendo Switch.

All you have to do is give the other person your login details and they can play your games. Multiple people can't play under the same account at the same time, otherwise one person will be booted off. So I'm thinking people will game share and play offline to make this work. I haven't actually tried it myself to confirm it for myself.

How many of you guys are going to take advantage of this? :panda:

Reactions: eeveeruleslol and Mizunil
Someone just told me it is indeed possible to game share on the Nintendo Switch.

All you have to do is give the other person your login details and they can play your games. Multiple people can't play under the same account at the same time, otherwise one person will be booted off. So I'm thinking people will game share and play offline to make this work. I haven't actually tried it myself to confirm it for myself.

Well i dont think i will be doing it that often unless i really trust the person im sharing with and known them long enough to trust they wont take unfair advantage of my account, tbh this new feature concerns me especially with hackers out there if this news is actually legit >.<

I'd probably do it with a few people here, but there's not many games I want. I've already done this with Steam and the PS4, so it's nothing new.

I probably wouldn't do this with anyone because I'd only really want to play multiplayer with them and they could end up trolling me by doing this.

Reactions: Kadaj

I'm kinda "doing" it with my brother. He's the one who bought Splatoon 2, so he activated it on his account, and yet I'm playing it with mine. And once I'll grab Monster Hunter XX, he's going to do the same, so it's win-win. He buys the game he wants, and if I'd like to give them a try, I can, and he can do the same while I'm at university. Long story short, it's good that Nintendo made such a thing.

Reactions: Marc
I'm game sharing with my brother I think

I'm kinda "doing" it with my brother. He's the one who bought Splatoon 2, so he activated it on his account, and yet I'm playing it with mine. And once I'll grab Monster Hunter XX, he's going to do the same, so it's win-win. He buys the game he wants, and if I'd like to give them a try, I can, and he can do the same while I'm at university. Long story short, it's good that Nintendo made such a thing.
Do you both own a Nintendo Switch?

If yes, when playing one of his games, just to confirm.. will you be shown online under his name or yours?

Do you both own a Nintendo Switch?

If yes, when playing one of his games, just to confirm.. will you be shown online under his name or yours?
Nah, but we got the idea of maybe getting a 2nd one because of Splatoon 2. But by the time we'll likely get another, you would have the answer already. That said, I'd assume that you'd be listed under your name, considering that when you launch another account's game, your name is shown (I think anytime anybody on Pedia who is also in my friend list launched Splatoon 2 or saw me launch Splatoon 2 can testify).

I don't think this will have a good outcome. First, if you game share with your friends, they could tell THEIR friends your login details, thus they can hack your account and do stuff to it. And second, if you game share with your friends, they might have access to your save files ( I don't have a Switch yet so I don't know ), and they can delete it, corrupt it, hack it, or anything else and you'll lose your save files. Probably.

Reactions: Kadaj
@MegaStriker saves are tied to your own console so that isn't affected. As for logins, just don't give out your details to people who you don't fully trust.

Last edited:
That feature sounds really cool! I don't have a switch, but if i do get one i'd definitely do this with people I trust.
I'll keep this in mind if I ever get a switch.

Also would this only work for digital games?

I don't think this will have a good outcome. First, if you game share with your friends, they could tell THEIR friends your login details, thus they can hack your account and do stuff to it. And second, if you game share with your friends, they might have access to your save files ( I don't have a Switch yet so I don't know ), and they can delete it, corrupt it, hack it, or anything else and you'll lose your save files. Probably.
but if they do garbage like that then they arent real friends to you, just wannabe's pretending to be your friend (too common) lol

This leaves me wondering a lot. First of all, nintendo would be, at this point, the only company that has not allowed this game sharing thing. Sony and Microsoft have already let users do that (I actually do it myself with some friends of mine). But, in what nintendo concerns, I am not really sure. Secondly, we haven´t had the chance to hear about it from nintendo itself. Maybe, those people who told you about this are indeed saying the truth, anyway I fear if that happens, it could be just a mistake from an update.
Anyway, it would be fantastic to save some money by buying games with a friend. It may also be a another push for selling even more switch systems.

i would love to gameshare with someone i am a little low on money, i got two accounts that i can gameshare with if want to learn the games i have just message me

I'm game sharing with my brother I think
want to game share

I'd probably do it with a few people here, but there's not many games I want. I've already done this with Steam and the PS4, so it's nothing new.
would you do it with me

Last edited by a moderator:
would you do it with me
Considering it involves sharing very personal details, and I barely know you, no.

Considering it involves sharing very personal details, and I barely know you, no.
lol know how you feel i got my account xbox account hacked last year and someone bought a bunch on stuff which was around a 100 bucks i was mad

Guys this is entirely false. There is a way to specify which system is your main system and you can only use and download on that one. The first console you connect to will be your main until you tell it to change. Sorry

Guys this is entirely false. There is a way to specify which system is your main system and you can only use and download on that one. The first console you connect to will be your main until you tell it to change. Sorry
Do you have any proof to back this up?

@Samster123 has some friends who tried it already and some people in this thread said they do it.

Back