Youtube App or Internet Browser

• Thread starter Slayerpon Tatsu
  • Start date
Slayerpon Tatsu

Slayerpon Tatsu

The Nopon King of EXP and Hater of Ignorance
Banned User
So when it comes to youtube o you prefer to use the app or browser? I prefer the browser as the app is a bit slow and takes too long to navigate through.

The browser, the app tends to be laggy and slow like you said. I only use the app if I'm uploading via my phone.

Browser, the app lags way too much for me to use.

Agreed. The app lags way too much as well and freezes way more. As well with the fact that searching isn't a pain in the browser but on the app, it's a mess

I tend to use the app. It's actually not that bad (doesn't lag or freeze for me). I don't really touch the internet browser program at all, anyways. Using the App is just more convenient (from my experience). :p

I tend to use the app. It's actually not that bad (doesn't lag or freeze for me). I don't really touch the internet browser program at all, anyways. Using the App is just more convenient (from my experience). :p
Lucky you. Then again I'm not one to use my Wii U to play Youtube videos everyday, that's what my phone/laptop is for lmao. I just use the Wii U whenever I feel like watching on the big screen, and from the one time I did, it just lagged so hard on my I just quit >.<

Reactions: Mikaya
Don't use YouTube on my Wii U at all anymore but when I did I always used the browser. Not sure if I've ever even opened the app tbh

I only use the YouTube application for making a post on Miiverse. Sometimes, I use it to watch 10 YouTube videos

I use the web browser. I can make posts on the internet, and have a youtube video going on in the background. xD

This isn't my place to talk (I don't have a Wii U lol) but having a separate YouTube app seems pretty dumb from Nintendo kek xD

At least on the 3DS, the "Youtube" app is actually the 3ds's browser altered to only connect to Youtube with a different skin.

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
This isn't my place to talk (I don't have a Wii U lol) but having a separate YouTube app seems pretty dumb from Nintendo kek xD

At least on the 3DS, the "Youtube" app is actually the 3ds's browser altered to only connect to Youtube with a different skin.
I know right. Nintendo in a nutshell: "let's make an app to where we change the whole layout of YouTube, make it more complicated to search things, and always have it lag!" Some other worker that uses logic "or we could keep it the same and not make it complicated" "Carl you're fired". How I imagine the planning went

Reactions: Blue Knight
App all the way. It's so nicely designed and I can scroll through my list of channels I've subscribed to with ease. There used to be a time when there were very little ads on the app version of YouTube; those were good times. Now there's ads before, during, and after videos, especially the long ones lol. Other than that, mobile YouTube is dope. Now if only you could like comments on the app. xD

When I used to use the Wii U, I often preferred the browser (although it's probably because I was supposedly "underage" to use youtube).

Although the browser I really loved, it played ads, but those were treated as NORMAL videos, meaning you could skip them by just fast forwarding the play bar to the end.

it also was usually watched my trash anime :D

So yeah, the browser all the way.

I use the app because it sounds better with earbuds, and I always wear earbuds, also usually I watch YouTube when I'm laying in my bed being lazy in which case I don't wanna get out of bed to turn on my computer. A lot of people say the app lags and all that but it doesn't for me.

better use the browser

but its more better if I see videos in the pc because its more fast

I use both, but if a long video i prefer the browser, because if you sleep during the video, not play other video

I use both, but if a long video i prefer the browser, because if you sleep during the video, not play other video
Well, you can turn off auto play on the mobile app. I do and it's raally helpful because usually the next video has nothing to do with what I'm watching

The YouTube app is really obsolete if you have the internet browser. But I don't own a Wii U, so I probably don't know what the heck I'm talking about.

i prefer the browser version

Me too. It puts apps to shame because you can just go on any website you want. No big problem.

Back