Youtube App or Internet Browser

• Thread starter Slayerpon Tatsu
  • Start date
I have an original 3DS and I have never really used the browser much because it's really bad. I sometimes watch YouTube on my 3DS but if I'm going to do that I'm probably going to use the App rather than the browser cause it's bad on the Original 3DS.

Edit: didn't realize this was on the Wii U forums.

I don't really watch Youtube much on my Wii U. I use the app mostly though, since it's easier.

I use the app until it breaks on me (after like 30mins) then I go to the browser just because it's less annoying with the easy-to-accidently-press shoulder/trigger buttons on the gamepad meaning it skips the video most of the time and it's incredibly annoying. The browser is a bit more awkward to use though so I prefer the app over the browser for that sense.

I like the browser a lot more because the app is a lot slower, and it doesn't have that "curtain" feature. It also "gets rid" of the video you're currently watching after opening your 3DS when it has been closed for some time. Yeah, I know the YouTube app isn't perfect, but it could most certainly use some improvements... ಠ_ಠ

I don't really go on YouTube or the internet on my 3DS or Wii U that often, but I know for a fact that the browser is certainly better.

Don't kill me for this, but the app.The app doesn't has as much lag for me and I don't experience any interruptions if i'm holding the Wii U game-pad that ruins the YouTube Video on the browser.But just in general, always go for Mobile YouTube or PC YouTube, they're the best ;) although the Wii U version is good if your tablet is charging and your computer isn't setup yet

App, I'm not a fan of using the browser to search at all.

I hardly use youtube on my 3DS so it would be ridiculous to download the app in my case.

Browser all the way . The YT app doesn't haves those curtains the browser has (so your video doesn't shows up on the TV) and it always shows the videos with low quality

App, much better interface than the browser version and can search videos while watching

If I'm going watch it on my 3ds. It have be the app. Because I got the old 3ds, and Youtube won't work on the browser, but I watch all mine on my laptop thouth

Browser on both my new 3ds xl and my wii u. It just feels nicer to use though I did use the app on my 2ds because the browser on it was terrible.

If I'm watching Youtube videos on the WiiU, I always go through the browser, as it works with much less lag than the app. In addition to this, the app is confusing to navigate, as well as generally buggy, like being unable to load videos consistently if they are longer than 10 mins.

Back