Youtube is now on the E-Shop

• Thread starter JunZhi
  • Start date
I say if something is horrible and barely works on start then it's not better than nothing. Basically it doesn't even exist since it doesn't work. That being said, it absolutely does not work for me. Worst thing I have ever bothered to down load on my 3DS. Well, I wasn't expecting much. It reached my expectations :p After 2 minutes of it being on my DS I'm deleting it. xD
I really hope NoA makes an update for this soon lol

@naagza it seems to be completely working finely on my 3DS XL , could it be your internet connection or something ? I had no crashes so far when I opened the app and try playing a video.
Internet Connection is not a valid excuse. I never have Internet issues with my 3DS

@naagza it seems to be completely working finely on my 3DS XL , could it be your internet connection or something ? I had no crashes so far when I opened the app and try playing a video.

same here it has never crashed on me and i now use it all the time. I think if it crashes it has something to do with your internet connection. if it keeps happening then check your internet connection on a computer because it might be something more than your 3ds

Try playing a video longer than 20 minutes and it will crash. My internet connection is just fine, but it constantly crashes on my 3DS.

same here it has never crashed on me and i now use it all the time. I think if it crashes it has something to do with your internet connection. if it keeps happening then check your internet connection on a computer because it might be something more than your 3ds

The internet connection has nothing to do with it. It's just a bad app for the 3DS. They just need to come out with an update to fix the crashing and various other issues it has.

If you read the post above the one you made, I said Internet connection is far from being a problem. I've used Internet connection for many things other than YouTube and it was always a strong signal
The internet connection has nothing to do with it. It's just a bad app for the 3DS. They just need to come out with an update to fix the crashing and various other issues it has.
Glad to know I'm not the only one in the same problem

Try playing a video longer than 20 minutes and it will crash. My internet connection is just fine, but it constantly crashes on my 3DS.
Yeah a lot of crashes has been reported through out the media, I saw it for myself where a bunch of codes comes up, I have a strong feeling Nintendo may upgrade it soon, a lot of negative reviews :eek:, but I had a feeling it would have been lame.

Yeah a lot of crashes has been reported through out the media, I saw it for myself where a bunch of codes comes up, I have a strong feeling Nintendo may upgrade it soon, a lot of negative reviews :eek:, but I had a feeling it would have been lame.
See, in my case I don't see a bunch of codes come up (I wish that were the case so I could try to look them up and see if there's an easy fix). For me it's just *screen freezes* and then a message saying it crashed and will restart

See, in my case I don't see a bunch of codes come up (I wish that were the case so I could try to look them up and see if there's an easy fix). For me it's just *screen freezes* and then a message saying it crashed and will restart
Yeah , when I tried playing a video longer than 20 minutes or 30 minutes my 3DS system will just close the app and force the system to restart by itself xD

Yeah , when I tried playing a video longer than 20 minutes or 30 minutes my 3DS system will just close the app and force the system to restart by itself xD
yup so it definitely wasn't an Internet connection issue at all. Although in my case it'd end up doing that for videos longer than 10 minutes or around 10 minutes...

I like it! It's maybe slow and stuff, but it's better than nothing :)

I found the Nintendo 3DS YouTube application to be really neat! The only problem I found with it was that sometimes it wouldn't want to load a video and then it would reset my Nintendo 3DS. It has happened to me three times already. Disregarding that, I love the application.

Reactions: ShinyLatios and Reece
The concept was great one for sure. In the end though, I'd have to say the Wii U Youtube app is far superior to the 3DS one (but this shouldn't be a surprise)

I cant seem to get youtube on my uk 3DS?

Did you try checking the eshop for the app? That's pretty much where you get YouTube for 3DS from. It isn't a Nintendo of America exclusive thing, right...?

I have checked the 3DS eShop and it's definitely available there. You should take a closer look again.

It was released on 29/11/2013 (US Date) the size of the app is only 13 blocks it is free , lol it's just like the set up in a phone sadly it's not hd xD

13 Blocks? Lol not that much. I don't like it, it really looks horrible. It looks like they didn't spend very much time on it. It looks very rushed and I hope they update it to make it look better and add 3D content for the 3DS soon.

Did you try checking the eshop for the app? That's pretty much where you get YouTube for 3DS from. It isn't a Nintendo of America exclusive thing, right...?
Okay I found the exact timing around there estimated of how long you could watch a video on the youtube app it's around 16 minutes anything more than that will crash. :)

Okay I found the exact timing around there estimated of how long you could watch a video on the youtube app it's around 16 minutes anything more than that will crash. :)
cool, even then it's crashing on videos below 16 minutes for a bunch of people (myself included). In any case, Nintendo did a much better job on the Wii U app than with this app...

Reactions: JunZhi
cool, even then it's crashing on videos below 16 minutes for a bunch of people (myself included). In any case, Nintendo did a much better job on the Wii U app than with this app...
Now you can currently play up to around 25 minutes ? But there is still a high chance of crashing they just reduced the percentage of crashing in the new update and I found that really helpful :)

Now you can currently play up to around 25 minutes ? But there is still a high chance of crashing they just reduced the percentage of crashing in the new update and I found that really helpful :)
I'm yet to try out the update so hopefully it works. I still have reservations about how this will go though because the Wii U is clearly more powerful than the 3DS

Back