Zelda and Link are siblings?

• Thread starter AppleCracker
  • Start date
AppleCracker

AppleCracker

I'm Not A Pikachu
Towns Folk
I took some time to think about this and it kind of makes since! These are some reasons why I believe link and zelda are brother and sister.

In Ocarina of Time they say Zelda has a lost brother!

There are references in many Zelda games that imply that they are in fact, brother and sister.

They both have blonde hair (In some games)

In Link to the Past Link's uncle says "Zelda is your... *dies*"

Zelda said Link was in her dream. Maybe she was remembering her brother before he was lost.

Are there any things I forgot? Is this a bunch of bologna? Do you think they are siblings?

Reactions: Magitroopa, CrazyElf and Mikaya
After reading, I think the answer will be '' yes''! Maybe they will reveal the truth on the 50th anniversary of zelda. o_O
Have everyone ever think about why do you control link but not zelda in a ZELDA game?

Well, this is interesting. I thought they 'liked' one another. Guess I could be wrong.

nice theory though. You may be right. :p

Reactions: Magitroopa
Well, that explains why Link never made a move. :p

Yeah - really nice detective work here, mate. I'm at least three-fourths convinced.

Reactions: Magitroopa and Mikaya
Well, that explains why Link never made a move. :p

Yeah - really nice detective work here, mate. I'm at least three-fourths convinced.
I see what you did there :p
He's right. You really did convince me that both of them are siblings. After all, they both are Hylians and from the Royal Family.

I'm convinced. It makes perfect sense. I wouldn't be surprised if the game's creator has or will mention it in the future in interviews. I can't find a way to prove it wrong (or maybe that's because I haven't tried :p).

After reading, I think the answer will be '' yes''! Maybe they will reveal the truth on the 50th anniversary of zelda. o_O
Have everyone ever think about why do you control link but not zelda in a ZELDA game?
Three letters. CDi.

I see that Steve has finally solved a case without the help of his little puppy. :bag:

Eh, if it's true they have sick minds at Nintendo. They've always implied that Zelda likes Link, so. Nasty.

I know most of those references are from older Zelda games, but reading it and looking at Link/Character in Zelda Wii U really makes a person wonder.

Reactions: Magitroopa and Mikaya
it doesn't seem to fit. Zelda and Link are both earlier or later ancestors of the Princess of the Hyrule family/holder of the Triforce of Wisdom and the 'Hero'/holder of the Triforce of Courage. If Link and Zelda were siblings, that would make Link part of the Hyrule Royal Family. Which is extra weird which would mean link and zelda would have to be separated at birth in every single game because Link and Zelda don't live in the same area.

I mean Link grew up in a forest like a hobo pretty much while Zelda is livin dat royal lyf.

Reactions: 423 and Mikaya
I think it actually makes a lot of sense. In fact, I'm pretty much convinced that Link is Zelda's long lost brother. It would be pretty weird for there to be some love story between them anyway since it really doesn't "feel" right. I bet we will eventually find out the truth behind their relationship soon (not in Hyrule Warriors soon but Zelda U type soon).

it doesn't seem to fit. Zelda and Link are both earlier or later ancestors of the Princess of the Hyrule family/holder of the Triforce of Wisdom and the 'Hero'/holder of the Triforce of Courage. If Link and Zelda were siblings, that would make Link part of the Hyrule Royal Family. Which is extra weird which would mean link and zelda would have to be separated at birth in every single game because Link and Zelda don't live in the same area.

I mean Link grew up in a forest like a hobo pretty much while Zelda is livin dat royal lyf.

well maybe the reason link grew up in the forest was to protect him. just a thought, but i like the sibling theory,

I've played the OoT game several times and don't remember a thing about her having a brother, can you link to something showing this?

There are many ways to disprove this theory, if you look into the game, and you're a major fanboy of the games, like me, then you'll know this is false.
Let's start out with how you said they both had blonde hair. I really have no idea why you brought this up, many people in the world have blonde hair, doesn't mean that they are related.
Now let's move onto the second fact you provided. In the 2002 release of Link To The Past reworded the previously mentioned quote and changed it to "It is your destiny to save Zelda." This points out the original line of text had nothing to do with them being siblings.
Link being in Zelda's dream didn't mean he was her sister, it was foretelling future events, because link is the hero of time.
There's plenty of other things to disprove all of this too. In OoT, it states Links mother ran away during wartime, taking link with her while he was still a baby, if they were related, then there mother would have to be the queen, correct? It would make no sense if the queen fled to the middle of Hyrule Field during war, and it doesn't say anything about talking Zelda with her. (I remember seeing this somewhere else a while back, and remembering it because of the post I saw a couple years back)
What a long post, haha.

Reactions: Artisan
I found this info about Link and Zelda.

Nintendo Documents Say Link Almost Killed Zelda

The Legend of Zelda series protagonist Link nearly killed Princess Zelda as a result of “poor lighting” and a massive spider. This tidbit was found in a Nintendo character reference guide, which also says that Link comes from a family of telepaths.
Each Princess of the House of Hyrule was a heroine in her own right. At sixteen years of age, Zelda the First defied Agahnim when he usurped power from the King. legend has it that she survived a cruel imprisonment and was rescued by Link. The truth, however, is that she had been on the verge of escaping on her own when Link burst into the chamber and nearly slew her on the spot on account of the poor lighting and an enormous spider that had sat down beside her.

I guess this theory makes sense. But the only thing that I think debunks it is Skyward Sword. Zelda and Link in those games do show much affection towards each other in this. I hope they aren't brother and sister in this :D

Hmm... I would say that they were once boyfriend/girlfriend and his uncle was trying to say that they were going to get married (just my idea) but it could be that they were bro and sis but I like my idea better :p but who knows I think Nintendo will never say.

This believe theory is right... except for Skyward Sword. Zelda says we've been friends since childhood.

Reactions: 3dsatackman
Well obviously not... in the zelda CD-I games, Link was always wanting a kiss from Zelda, and everyone knows siblings don't love eacother that much.

I think that you could be right nice work ;)

Thats's can't be true that's crazy they would be never brother and sister thay are just friends and zelda was raised by is real familly meaning he's not adopted and link is not adopted either cause he's uncle would be eating in the castle as a royal character.

Back