Zelda OoT cannot be done in 8 minutes!

• Thread starter patbacknitro
  • Start date
patbacknitro

patbacknitro

A C Class Youtuber
Towns Folk
as some of you may have heard some man beat OOT in about 8-9 minutes. I am here to disprove that. Now cut scenes in general take about 3 minutes. so you only have 5 minutes left to play. now how long does it take to run through hyrule field. that takes about 30 second at least for each trip. Now you first have 3 temples, so not only do you have to venture into all 3, and beat the bosses. but just getting to them is long. so thier this has been proven. unless the game was hacked, or some guy just cut out the traveling to make him look likes hes doing it. Even without the traveling, you still got the temples to travel through. Even if you know everywhere your supposed to go, thiers still solving every puzzle to get to the boss. So it is literally impossible to beat OOT in less then 8 minutes. infact anything below 25 minutes is just hacked, or most of the game is cut so it looks like they did it. because i would like to see a full run through of OOt, that isnt cut. like a full runthrough. because if its just 8 minutes, why would they cut anything out. its just 8 minutes. wouldent we all like to see the full footage. but no the footage is always cut. so point in case, that guy lied. end of story.

I doubt too that it is possible "the normal way" but with a glitch or some exploit of the engine (which are not exactly hacks), maybe it is possible.

well ya like i said with the help of glitchs or hacks. then yes it could be possible. but beating it in 8.47 minutes is impossible. some guy just said he set the new world record of oot and thats when i cracked.

You did not say "glitchs or hacks", you said "hacked" twice. And glitches are not exactly hacks, which is why I said "which are not exactly hacks".

actually glitch are technically hacks. thier accidental hacks. their not hacks that you made, thier hacks that come from flaws in the games. Proof of this is in Sonic Boom wiiu,where before the new update knuckles could keep jumping infinitely if you kept pressing pause every time you pressed jump. so you see some glitchs can be more or less acedintal hacks that can let you beat the game very fast and easily. but i highly doubt any glitches in oot would help you beat it any faster.

Glitches are bugs in programming that were overlooked by developers. They don't need any tools or special equipment to be accessed ( Playing as Master Hand in Melee or Skipping the Rouge Time Flee Fight in Sonic Battle). Hacks are direct tampering, changes, or modifications to a game with the use of tools or special equipment. ( Like Project M or Using GameShark codes.) Hope this cleared the misunderstanding.:)

Reactions: faustine and blinboy
Well, to me, hacks are more
1) find an exploit on purpose
2) in order to do something
while glitches are just
1) find an exploit without doing it on purpose
2) nothing more

So yeah, ok, once a glitch is exploited, it can probably be called a hack. But still less of a hack than some other things called "hacks".

And some glitches can help a lot in games. I don't know any in OOT but suppose the organization of the map in the data makes that the "final zone" is right under the Deku Tree and running towards the Deku Tree for 5 minutes makes you fall under the ground... Well, you technically finished the game ;)

edit posted this while the previous post was posted too.

Actually, much like The Geddan Glitch in 007 GoldenEye 64, if you owned the N64 cartridge of Ocarina of time, you could do a lot of glitching if you tilted the cartridge. ( From getting past Mido without a sword to obtaining the medallions in a flash) This is known as Cartridge Tilting when talked about in general terms of the concept. I should know. I did it a few times myself!

well yes i agree. they ay be called glitchs, but as far as i see it anything thats not supposed to be in a game that helps you in anyway beat it then its a hack. i just call them accedintal hacks. and some people can use these accedintal hackas to help them. look at oot for 3ds. thiers this really hard glitch which lets you beat the game in like 3 minutes, as link as a kid. look it up on youtube.

huh, everytime i even flicked the n64 cartridge the game froze.

@patbacknitro For Oot, you couldn't only tilt the cartridge ever so slightly. Otherwise it won't work.

Yea I agree, its obviously done through hacking/glitches, case closed ;)

Lol 8 minutes? It takes me 8 minutes to find out where to head next. Liesss and probably a glitch/hack as previously mentioned. I doubt anyone could finish this in 8 minutes.

probably not but he probably exploited a bunch of glitches in the game or some hacks. Its hard to believe, especially after the first hour playing the game i was still in the great deku tree part of the game but it can probably be done if you know the game well enough and know all its glitches. The shortest time it ever took me to beat a full game was 1 hour in starfox 64 and that still wasnt technically "beating" the game

well ofcourse. i think if someone was a complete expert, had no help from glitch, and knew where everything was in oot. then the least amount of time it would take to beat it is at least 10 hours. but its literally impossible to beat in under 1 hour

Really I don't really know how anyone can beat ocarina of time in just eight minutes . Impossible :jawdrop: ! Glitches were probably used or hacks maybe but there is the glitch for entering Ganon's Castle as a child and really that was quick :sneaky: . I don't really know much glitches that would help finish the game in 8 minutes so I don't know . The only glitches I can actually do is the one with Farore's Wind anywhere and the super backflip :ninja:

as some of you may have heard some man beat OOT in about 8-9 minutes. I am here to disprove that. Now cut scenes in general take about 3 minutes. so you only have 5 minutes left to play. now how long does it take to run through hyrule field. that takes about 30 second at least for each trip. Now you first have 3 temples, so not only do you have to venture into all 3, and beat the bosses. but just getting to them is long. so thier this has been proven. unless the game was hacked, or some guy just cut out the traveling to make him look likes hes doing it. Even without the traveling, you still got the temples to travel through. Even if you know everywhere your supposed to go, thiers still solving every puzzle to get to the boss. So it is literally impossible to beat OOT in less then 8 minutes. infact anything below 25 minutes is just hacked, or most of the game is cut so it looks like they did it. because i would like to see a full run through of OOt, that isnt cut. like a full runthrough. because if its just 8 minutes, why would they cut anything out. its just 8 minutes. wouldent we all like to see the full footage. but no the footage is always cut. so point in case, that guy lied. end of story.
You're so right. But now a days people are so bad with speed running, so they decide to just use glitches. Example super Mario 64: glitches, but OOT, theres no way somebody could be that that quick, with all the puzzles and the bosses.

exactly. the water temple alone takes forever for someone. i mean no one can complete a water temple in under 10 minuutes. look at twilight princess. that water temple is the worst water temple in zelda history. just imagine what the water temple in zelda wiiu will be like...........good god i may not want that game anymore

No speedrunners use glitches, after all you can get to gannons tower from the Deku Tree and still be young

the new world record was because of a glitch. getting to ganons castle from the boss door in the great deku tree is a glitch. it litteraly makes you skip the entire game. true speed runners dont need to use glitchs of anykind. especialy the bomb roll trick. real speed runners need to play the game raw, no glitchs. a complete run through based on thier skills and knowledge of the game. those are the true gamers, the ones that put so much work into it.

Well yeah you can beat in 8 minutes
But I still dont know how,lol
Everytime I find a glitch its accidently and a gamebreaking glitch..............

Back