Zelda OoT cannot be done in 8 minutes!

• Thread starter patbacknitro
  • Start date
Woah. I know this is sped up but still.

Someone beat it in 18:32, but with glitches

There's a reason why they call these normally impossible runs "TAS". Tool Assisted Speedruns utilize a tool or an exploit in the engine to make shortcuts in the game and thus make these quick playthroughs. If it's done only with glitches though, then they can still be considered legit, especially considering that glitches in the original 64 game have been made into features in the 3DS remake. See also "Sequence Breaking".

In short, can Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time be beat in 8 minutes? Normally, no. However because of the glitch being used to get there, it is possible.

you cant beat ocorina of time in 8 minutes without glitchs. think about it, first off the cutscenes take up like 10 minutes in all. mabey more. even with those offhow long does it take to run across hyrule field. about 30 seconds. and how many places do you have to run to. not only that but all the temples as well. thiers about 7 not including ganons castle. and even knowing the location of everything you still have to run around that big temple. so that takes more then 5 minutes a piece. the water temple probably 10 min because of the whole water riseing and lowering system. so ya cannot be done in 8 minutes. or even an hour as a matter of fact.

see my point was it cant be beatin in just 8 minutes, without the assist of glitchs

Technically as far as we know it cannot be beat in 8 minutes with the glitch either; The fastest speedrun time recorded on OOT is by Jodenstone clocking in at 0:18:07.

So really there is no need for this thread. It's just common sense that the game can't be beat normally in 8 minutes anyhow.

i know. but some youtuber has claimed he done it in 8minutes. thats why i originaly made this post

Well we've established that then. You still can't exactly dismiss his claim though. Like I said, as far as we know, you can't beat the game in 8 minutes. But perhaps he has found such a solution. Even so, he may be talking about the 18 minute mark that most speedrunners can get and messed up the time he said.

well ya. i mean it might be possible to beat it in 8 minutes. if a glitch pushed him all the way to the final battle with ganon. but highly unlikly. still thier is with absolute certainty no way anyone can beat oot in under an hour without cheats or glitchs. it is immpossible to.

I saw the video and he used loads of glitches played it in Japanese (quicker text) and I guess if you want to see if its legit you watch the video and see see if the glitches work.

But for those of you you consider only real play as a the real one (vanilla) it is estimated to be 8-10 hrs http://speedrunwiki.com/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Ocarina_of_Time

i think it is possible, counting you can pass the door of time with a glitch, and there are glitches to get the items in the game.
so yea.

Back