SSB for Wii U ZeRo Won Evo 2015

• Thread starter Link Master
  • Start date
Link Master

Link Master

The chosen one
Towns Folk
Playing all day Friday and through Saturday morning, ZeRo came up with his biggest win yet in the young life of Super Smash Brothers for Wii U. His win over Europe's Mr. R keep his record in 2015 unblemished and for the achievement in front of thousands at EVO and over 90,000 Twitch viewers, ZeRo will take home $11,556. The prize pool for Super Smash Brothers Wii U had no pot bonus, but the huge number of entrants has allowed ZeRo to take home the second largest 1st place prize of all time for Smash. The current record holder is Gnes for taking home $12,500 at MLG Dallas in 2010.
It was not a suprise he was gonna win. What are Your thoughts and reactions?

OMG

Well he never lost a smash game. And is the best smash 4 player

The bounty upon his head must increase so we can eradicate his entire existence from the competitive scene of Sm4sh.

Just kidding, I'm not surprised that he won, but more annoyed than anything else. Why can't anyone step up to the challenge? I've seen plenty of viable players on YouTube.

Good player and all, but honestly I'm sick of him always winning. :/

Yea. He just is turning cocky and disrespectful. Somebody gotta put him in his place

Reactions: Robyn
I was hoping for Nairo. Always do.

I was hoping for Nairo. Always do.
Yea he is very good. But Mr. R was close

Yeah once fought zero almost killed with captain falcon but spiked each other

I was surprised non of the top 7 used Greninja but more power to them. ZeRo winning was expected as he knows Diddy real well and his nerfs didn't affect the way he moves and his damage outputs enough to make him a bad character and also Sheik is fairly light and has too many weak hits to get any good KOs and ZeRo says he plays Mr. R a lot so he probably knows him and how he plays anyways. I wanna say either Diddy is the best character because of his side b reverse tech or ZeRo plays against way too many Sheiks and Meta Knights so he is just used to the matchup and therefore needs to have to face more than just the typical tournament matchups irl and not online (unless his internet is fast enough for it to play like a local game).

I fought zero one I lost sudden death

I don't see ZeRo being cocky much, nor disrespectful. If anything he has bragging rights. I'm actually happy he won, It was a tough fight for him at times. Nairo was close to beating him with ZSS, but the problem with ZSS is that her kill moves can be DI'ed and avoided.

Last edited:
Reactions: Link Master
I don't see ZeRo being cocky much, nor disrespectful. It anything he has bragging rights. I'm actually happy he won, It was a tough fight for him at times. Nairo was close to beating him with ZSS, but the problem with ZSS is that her kill moves can be DI'ed and avoided.
But In his interview he said he will be undefeated and japan is better. Its like why did you say that? Its pretty god damn mean for him to say that. He needs to lose and be put where he belongs. EX: When ZeRo beat Nairo in CEO he didn't shake his hand nor say good game. His girlfriend goes to him and hugs him. Thats disrespectful

But In his interview he said he will be undefeated and japan is better. Its like why did you say that? Its pretty god damn mean for him to say that. He needs to lose and be put where he belongs. EX: When ZeRo beat Nairo in CEO he didn't shake his hand nor say good game. His girlfriend goes to him and hugs him. Thats disrespectful
Yes he says he will be undefeated, but then acknowledges that he competes with good players and that he could indeed possibly loose. He also states that US players are more Tournament prepared because they can handle rowdy audience and pressure much more efficiently than JPN players.

You don't necessarily have to say gg or shake hands after a match. It wasn't disrespect. Disrespect would be more like this:

Nairo: Oh no I lost!
Zero: Yea, sucks to be you
Nairo: ;-;
Zero: Get off the stage, and never show your face in the smash community ever again!
Nairo: ;n;

Yes he says he will be undefeated, but then acknowledges that he competes with good players and that he could indeed possibly loose. He also states that US players are more Tournament prepared because they can handle rowdy audience and pressure much more efficiently than JPN players.

You don't necessarily have to say gg or shake hands after a match. It wasn't disrespect. Disrespect would be more like this:

Zero: Get off the stage, and never show your face in the smash community ever again!
lol tru

The best set was Zero vs. Nairo as a NJ native I was cheering for Nairo, but I knew Zero was going to win. In my opinion Zero is at a higher level of skill than other players. Watching Zero is always a treat, but we would see far more interesting tournaments if he wasn't participating because the skill level is nearly even. Also Zero once said that if he won Evo then he would focus more on Melee, so I'm curious to see if he actually holds up to that.

The best set was Zero vs. Nairo as a NJ native I was cheering for Nairo, but I knew Zero was going to win. In my opinion Zero is at a higher level of skill than other players. Watching Zero is always a treat, but we would see far more interesting tournaments if he wasn't participating because the skill level is nearly even. Also Zero once said that if he won Evo then he would focus more on Melee, so I'm curious to see if he actually holds up to that.
Wow really? Melee?! This should be interesting. He was never that good in melee but he was like in a tourney level

This actually reminds me of Leffen. I'm fairly certain that Leffen would have said that prior to this year or last year until he finally stepped-up to become a mature adult for once in his miserable life and show respect for other players. I would have ZeRo win any day of the week over a player like him.

Reactions: loonieboy
This actually reminds me of Leffen. I'm fairly certain that Leffen would have said that prior to this year or last year until he finally stepped-up to become a mature adult for once in his miserable life and show respect for other players. I would have ZeRo win any day of the week over a player like him.
Nothing beats Mango throwing his medal into the crowd at the Melee finals.

Wow. What a surprise...not.

Back