• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Yes! We finally did it, :woot: Today, the forum crossed 10,000 posts.

To celebrate this achievement, there will be a Halloween contest. Halloween is October 31st, however, the contest will most likely take place sometime during October and the winner will most likely be selected on Halloween.

More information will be published soon.

Reactions: Risinglink, 18, Onett and 4 others
i want the contest now lol :p will it start around mid-october?

Congratulations everyone! This is one of the best communities I've been apart of, and I'm happy I've had the chance to co-administrate this wonderful forum.

I look at the 10k post achievement as a wonderful birthday present. Thank you all who have participated to make the growth of this place so incredible. I look forward to many many more milestones, and I'm excited for the day we pass 1 hundred thousand! :3

Reactions: Reece
Oh yay.
It's great that we passed 10, 000 posts already. After the train wreck GameSpot became this has become my main site to visit and I'm glad I'm a part of this community. You guys are awesome *group hug*

Reactions: EliteBeatDiva and Matthew
Everyone is really civil and great around here, and it isn't just utterly swamped or uninviting as the other forums. Here is to another 10,000 posts.

Reactions: Matthew
Cool! I want to know how it will works!

Congratulations everyone! This is one of the best communities I've been apart of, and I'm happy I've had the chance to co-administrate this wonderful forum.

I look at the 10k post achievement as a wonderful birthday present. Thank you all who have participated to make the growth of this place so incredible. I look forward to many many more milestones, and I'm excited for the day we pass 1 hundred thousand! :3

I love your new avatar!

Reactions: Matthew

Yes, I agree. Everyone here is so productive and very active. It is a great community and I am happy to be here to celebrate your 10,000 posts. Congrats everyone *pops bottle*.

Great job my brothers and sisters!

Mmm... When we will know about this contest?

(Killed by my curiosity)

Mmm... When we will know about this contest?

(Killed by my curiosity)

Yes, its also killing me too .#spillthebeans

I'm still thinking up an idea for a contest, :bag:

Good luck with that then!

I'm still thinking up an idea for a contest, :bag:

Maybe we can go trick or treating. Small giveaways from each other. Maybe best themed art work related to Halloween created by our users. People can use the paint application, draw on paper and take a picture, PhotoShop and so on. Of course there would have to be rules like the drawing has to be original and something drawn. PhotoShop might be abused. idk and then winner gets rewarded

Reactions: Marc
Maybe we can go trick or treating. Small giveaways from each other. Maybe best themed art work related to Halloween created by our users. People can use the paint application, draw on paper and take a picture, PhotoShop and so on. Of course there would have to be rules like the drawing has to be original and something drawn. PhotoShop might be abused. idk and then winner gets rewarded
If you went the graphics route, I think it would be better to open it up to all forms of art (stories, poems, music, digital art, etc.). It'd give everyone a fairer chance to win.

On a forum I used to moderate, I hosted a costume contest where users were permitted a seasonal name change and they had to build a character. Best character was judged by the old team leader and myself. A few examples:

MissTake - MissClause
Matthew - Matt Skellington

And various others. It was a really fun time, and people still had to be creative.

Reactions: Reece and Marc
If you went the graphics route, I think it would be better to open it up to all forms of art (stories, poems, music, digital art, etc.). It'd give everyone a fairer chance to win.

On a forum I used to moderate, I hosted a costume contest where users were permitted a seasonal name change and they had to build a character. Best character was judged by the old team leader and myself. A few examples:

MissTake - MissClause
Matthew - Matt Skellington

And various others. It was a really fun time, and people still had to be creative.

That is a possibility. How exactly would you grade everyone if this were to go as your idea? Would there be certain guidelines or maybe some aspects you would be looking for?

Also, on Halloween, is it possible for the colors on this forum to change to the color orange just to add a little theme here? :)

I agree with @ChiefKeef's idea on submitting Halloween-themed art for the contest, perhaps also with some relation to Nintendo since this is a Nintendo forum :p
But if so, then I'm even more in favour of @Matthew's extension to stories, poems, and rock'n'roll :p. I'm terrible at drawing but I think I can write fiction by now that is reasonably readable.

I agree with @ChiefKeef's idea on submitting Halloween-themed art for the contest, perhaps also with some relation to Nintendo since this is a Nintendo forum :p
But if so, then I'm even more in favour of @Matthew's extension to stories, poems, and rock'n'roll :p. I'm terrible at drawing but I think I can write fiction by now that is reasonably readable.

Lol, I'm not the best at art work myself but I would give it a try. I do think I could write a decent poem though. I can work with whatever is thrown at me. I hope this contest is followed through with. :)

I want, I want
a candy from Marc
So I decide
to visit his house

So I went, I went
and knocked his door
and he said
not more stock

Reactions: Reece and 18
I want, I want
a candy from Marc
So I decide
to visit his house

So I went, I went
and knocked his door
and he said
not more stock
That is so good, I can't explain how but I love it.

Reactions: ErixSan and Marc
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back