3D World Link or 2D World Link? Which gameplay style do you prefer?

• Thread starter ShinyLatios
  • Start date
ShinyLatios

ShinyLatios

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
When I say 3D, I don't mean 3DS, I'm talking in terms of overworld....some "3D" titles include Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker. When I say 2D, I mean an overworld you view from the top, like Spirit Tracks, Link Between Worlds, Link to the Past, retro Zelda games, etc.

Thoughts on this?

This will hard to choose.
The only experience I have is with the original The Legend of Zelda and Ocarina of Time 3D...

3D World link for me.

Yeah Ocarina of Time 3D is legit. I personally prefer the 3D games, the 2D style just isn't for me I suppose. I mean, the 3D overworld is a bit more immersive if you get what I mean

I like the 3D world view of link, I enjoyed the 2D world overview in games like Spirit Tracks etc. but I think that the 3D world view makes you enjoy the surrounding more than the 2D overview, I mean you can appreciate the environment in the 3D world view.

I like the 3D world view of link, I enjoyed the 2D world overview in games like Spirit Tracks etc. but I think that the 3D world view makes you enjoy the surrounding more than the 2D overview, I mean you can appreciate the environment in the 3D world view.
yeah, and also from a gameplay perspective there's a different feel for the 3D world view. With 2D the combat isn't so satisfying as in other games like Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword

yeah, and also from a gameplay perspective there's a different feel for the 3D world view. With 2D the combat isn't so satisfying as in other games like Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword
True, the 2D combat isn't that exciting and enjoyable such as the 3D, I feel more connected to everything with the 3D overview.

for me more likely 3D but i grew up with the 2D so i cant decide that well

I like 3D Link but I also like 2D link also... But 3D because I really like 3d dungeons and when you explore them, it makes it feel more realistic. I don't care if A Link Between Worlds is 2D, it looks almost as it were 3D.

I like 3D Link but I also like 2D link also... But 3D because I really like 3d dungeons and when you explore them, it makes it feel more realistic. I don't care if A Link Between Worlds is 2D, it looks almost as it were 3D.
how is it almost as if it were 3D? Do you mean with the 3D effect and that at times it can pop out?

how is it almost as if it were 3D? Do you mean with the 3D effect and that at times it can pop out?
No he meant that the world is 3D like Skyward Sword for the Wii, unlike the DS Zelda games, for example Spirit Tracks you see Link from the above view that's the 2D world that he meant

No he meant that the world is 3D like Skyward Sword for the Wii, unlike the DS Zelda games, for example Spirit Tracks you see Link from the above view that's the 2D world that he meant
I'm still a bit confused. Is he saying it's a mix of both (If so, I guess that makes sense with stuff like the hieroglyphic ability thingy)?

I'm still a bit confused. Is he saying it's a mix of both (If so, I guess that makes sense with stuff like the hieroglyphic ability thingy)?
You see in this Zelda game they have an overview of Link (that what he meant by 2D) :
the-legend-of-zelda-spirit-tracks-20090325021539760.jpg

And here the 3D view of the world in Zelda:
e3-legend-zelda-skyward-sword-screens-copy.jpg

You see in this Zelda game they have an overview of Link (that what he meant by 2D) :

I totally pick the third dimension with those 2 pics showed.

I totally pick the third dimension with those 2 pics showed.
Well yeah I kinda got a suckish 2D image of a Legend of Zelda game.

Last edited by a moderator:
i choose 3d because 2d just sucks 3d is way better and 3d has like a better view of the game and better graphics

The Graphics for the 3D Link World is much more far superior than 2D Link World graphics so 3D Link World is Better than 2D link world.

The Graphics for the 3D Link World is much more far superior than 2D Link World graphics so 3D Link World is Better than 2D link world.
That's because that was a DS game compared to a Wii game. Are you including the 3DS graphics in that opinion?

Nope

Then you should consider that lol Console capability for graphics shouldn't necessarily be the deciding factor for whether 3D Link or 2D Link is better lol (also, Link to the Past, for what it had in terms of hardware capability of SNES/GBA, looked REAAALLY good)

Back