3D World Link or 2D World Link? Which gameplay style do you prefer?

• Thread starter ShinyLatios
  • Start date
The Graphics for the 3D Link World is much more far superior than 2D Link World graphics so 3D Link World is Better than 2D link world.

Graphics doesn't mean better game. Only gameplay :p

Reactions: ShinyLatios
Graphics doesn't mean better game. Only gameplay :p
I agree with what Erixsan said, I would never judge a game based on the graphics, that's a little part of my decision towards deciding if a game is good or not.

If we were to all judge on graphics, then we'd probably be going for the new Call of Duty games for the updated graphics :p

If we were to all judge on graphics, then we'd probably be going for the new Call of Duty games for the updated graphics :p

Or just the sports games like Fifa or PES

Yeah, I like the graphics Final Fantasy games have though they are awesome anyways lemme just change the train to go back on topic here, I wonder if there will be any 3D worlds Legend of Zelda games for the 3DS, I prefer 3D so I would surely want a world like that if there is to be another Zelda game.

This question is just unfair because we are comparing two different game types which is not the easiest thing to do. But I had to choose I'll choose for the 3D.

This question is just unfair because we are comparing two different game types which is not the easiest thing to do. But I had to choose I'll choose for the 3D.
Why do you like the 3D gamestyle ?

I haven't played that much of the 2D zelda games and the ones that I had played where really slow. I like the 3D more because the exploring is much more awesome, everything is so detailed and you can just see everything

well, it's easy for some people. I mean, the gameplay between the two is largely different if you think about it.

To me both the gameplay and graphics are what that stands out for the game so both are important for me when playing a game :)

I haven't played that much of the 2D zelda games and the ones that I had played where really slow. I like the 3D more because the exploring is much more awesome, everything is so detailed and you can just see everything
Yeah, that trend is kinda there I've noticed. the 2D zelda games are definitely a lot different in terms of gameplay and their depth. I too have found them a bit slow and prefer 3D Zelda games

I like both in there own aspects. 2D is more comfortable and relaxed, while the 3D ones are more energetic and lively. I prefer 2D on the go, and 3D when I have a Saturday to kill.

I like both in there own aspects. 2D is more comfortable and relaxed, while the 3D ones are more energetic and lively. I prefer 2D on the go, and 3D when I have a Saturday to kill.
yeah, I agree. Especially with Skyward Sword where the whole motion controls thing make gameplay a bit more lively. But then again, for me, Twilight Princess is a bit more comfortable/relaxed to play (but it's probably because I've played it too much and have beaten it like 5 times now :p)

yeah, I agree. Especially with Skyward Sword where the whole motion controls thing make gameplay a bit more lively. But then again, for me, Twilight Princess is a bit more comfortable/relaxed to play (but it's probably because I've played it too much and have beaten it like 5 times now :p)
I love both games, I love the entire motion control set up that Skyward Sword had, I felt more into the game (that's why I love the Wii so much), I also liked Twilight Princess, the best thing about those two games are the 3D World, I love the 3D Zelda world view.

I love both games, I love the entire motion control set up that Skyward Sword had, I felt more into the game (that's why I love the Wii so much), I also liked Twilight Princess, the best thing about those two games are the 3D World, I love the 3D Zelda world view.
Yeah, same, the motion controls made the game more immersive. For me, Twilight Princess is for when I feel like watching something epic (the final battle with Ganondorf) while being a bit lazy, while Skyward Sword is for gameplay

I prefer 2D play. It's great to play on the move on a handheld, considering how long Zelda games are...xD

It's me or 2D is more aimed to casual gamers and 3D for hardcore gamers?
I'm not counting hero or any extra mode.

It's me or 2D is more aimed to casual gamers and 3D for hardcore gamers?
I'm not counting hero or any extra mode.

I don't think so myself. If anything, the 2D Zelda games are more difficult!

After all, I've only played 3D ones but I also like 2D games as well. Playing a half 2D/ 3D LoZ game just seems better because it's not relying heavily on one style. I say turn that power to walk in walls and turn that into a completely different platform experience rather than just a puzzle/ exploration one. Unless you mean pixels and polygons but both still fits there too.

I would choose 3D world Link, because you can control him in more ways than the 2D and the game is more immersive.
The 2D is aslo enjoyable, but you do not need to be as precise as you need to be in 3D Zelda games.

Back