3D World Link or 2D World Link? Which gameplay style do you prefer?

• Thread starter ShinyLatios
  • Start date
2D game Mario

Reactions: 532
I like 3D everything. 3D Mario games are always my favorite (Super Mario 64, Galaxy 1&2) and my favorite Zelda Game (OoT) is also 3D. I guess I don't like 2D games because they take away a whole dimension of perspective that reduces the amount of immersion I get from the game. I'm okay with platformers, but I dislike games like ALBW (just for the 2D perspective). It's just my preference though.

Hard choice! My two favourite games are OoT and LA in which OoT is 3D while LA is 2D D: But still I would choose 3D because it's just way better graphics, still the old 2D ones are cool in my mind!

I think that I would prefer the 3d Zelda games :D since of the fact that they are a lot more enjoyable to play and the more realistic feel while playing it :p But then , 2d Zelda games are still nice , and very neat but my choice would have to go for the 3d Zelda games for sure :p

I like 3D Zelda games the best because it feels more like you are playing, not retro like and weird :p Overviews are fine and fun but 3D I prefer more. I just hate most games like first person because it feels slightly scary you don't know where your back is, and even more so when its a scary game :/

Definitely 3D Zelda. The 3D Zelda games are much more immersive, has a better gameplay experience, a bigger world, more collectables, a third axis on the game, just more of everything, and also the combat being good.

Hmm tough choice. I think I prefer 2D for nostalgia more than anything. Shooting arrows on the 3DS in OoT was sort of meh. Plus Link To The Past remains the greatest zelda game and that was 2D

I prefer 3D because of skyward. it was a awsome game.

I prefer the 3D Zelda games, just because they seem to have better stories. I'm looking at you, Majora's Mask. You're the best.
I also feel as if the world's are more immersive, partly because most have been on graphically superior consoles than there 2D counterparts, partly because of world-building that comes with having better stories, and party because I love looking around the world, not down at it like I'm some kind of God controlling humans.

I prefer the 3D Zelda games, just because they seem to have better stories. I'm looking at you, Majora's Mask. You're the best.
I also feel as if the world's are more immersive, partly because most have been on graphically superior consoles than there 2D counterparts, partly because of world-building that comes with having better stories, and party because I love looking around the world, not down at it like I'm some kind of God controlling humans.
majoras mask is the best by far.

majoras mask is the best by far.
the days of the N64 were the best.

the days of the N64 were the best.
yes. ssuper saian mario 64 was one of my favorites.

yes. ssuper saian mario 64 was one of my favorites.
Super Saiyan Mario 64? Wouldn't that be Super Mario 64 Z?

Super Saiyan Mario 64? Wouldn't that be Super Mario 64 Z?
elll....yeah, it would be.

elll....yeah, it would be.
Super Saiyan Mario vs Super Saiyan Bowser

Super Saiyan Mario vs Super Saiyan Bowser
yes, machinima in a nut shell

Well I have to say the 3d adds more to the battle game play and in some way makes the puzzles a little more challenging in a diffrent way and the world feels more open, but the 2d is way more focused on puzzles so they are way more challenging. But i kinda prefer the 3d mainly over graphics

I have had significantly more time playing the 3D Zeldas than the 2D Zeldas, and thus that is the gameplay style that I prefer. I think that Nintendo has always done a great job with the controls for the games, and I have never found a glitch or issue in any of them that cause the game to become even slightly unplayable, so thumbs up to Nintendo for that.

Back