Contest 3DS Pedia Summer Fest

• Thread starter Pookie
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
@PokeFreaky it has been over 2 weeks and people still didnt finish their first match

Reactions: MindzEye
I'll take care of it.

@PokeFreaky it has been over 2 weeks and people still didnt finish their first match
Ain't my fault, and I've been patient.

Reactions: Sylvester87
Are the other matches still on besides Pokemon?

@PokeFreaky a few people in the smash 3ds tournament havent been online for more than a week

I know I can't edit the bracket on mobile. You'll have to wait a week or less until my laptop comes back from the shop.

poke I never got to take part in my of these >.< can I get a refund?

poke I never got to take part in my of these >.< can I get a refund?
It's just 5 PC and you've probably made it back up by now.

Since the Pokemon multi tournament doesn't seem likely to happen anymore, I want a refund too since starting next week I won't have enough time to battle!

PS: This turned out a really unsuccessful thing @PokeFreaky! Next time you may want to include fewer games so it'll be easier to manage everything and keep tabs on everyone, since this just ended up a complete mess. It was a good idea, at first at least, but keep it simple next time.

Reactions: MindzEye
Imma really get wordy here, sorry.

This probably wouldn't have been a mess if there had been more infrastructure. I mean, I asked a bunch of questions to figure out how to do what, and all I got was attitude in my answers. Nobody did their rounds like they were supposed to, it never happened on the day it was posted to go - why bother setting a date anyway if this is a clear-at-your-leisure event? - there never was a tourney bracket set up as I was expecting there to be, most of the users set up are actually regularly off-line - you've have found out if you did some detective work - and now a refund sounds more and more like a great idea.

When I put my PC into this, I figured it'd just be an afternoon long or so, users fighting users and getting it over with, maybe making some friends along the way, maybe learning a few new tricks. I deliberately cleared my schedule and saved up on my limited data because I was preparing for this. This was a hassle for me, and I thought it was going to be worth it.

Instead, when faced with the collective lazy-ness of my fellow opponents, and the general angst of a tournament, I was given sarcasm, ignored for awhile, not given sufficient answers, and when I try to voice a complaint about it, another user gets all sensitive and says 'be nice.'
Tell you what, I have been nice. This whole proceeding, I've been way more gentle and forgiving despite how frustrating things have been. I kept hope up for a month that I get some action. Now it's been two.

I still get attitude when I whine about this, but dang-it, there just isn't enough leadership or clear rule-setting at all. How am I to learn how to do X and not get the eye-rolling emoji? (>.>) How is that professional? I admit I'm a pretty hard-head, but I can't open a discussion on your profile, and I really want to talk about how we can improve our interactions.

Ok ok, I;m rambling now. point is, I feel things could've been better if @PokeFreaky operated this thread with a bit more leadership, more cooperation, more respect to newer or less-practiced users, and more spirit. Before this, I was a jolly ol' lad.

Reactions: Sylvester87
(When I say tourney bracket, I meant in Smash Brothers. I've ignored the unofficial bracket set up on some weird site.)

(When I say tourney bracket, I meant in Smash Brothers. I've ignored the unofficial bracket set up on some weird site.)
That is the official bracket randomly generated, only nobody is doing his/her matches. I feeling the same as you do

Reactions: MindzEye and Pookie
That is the official bracket randomly generated, only nobody is doing his/her matches. I feeling the same as you do
Why @PokeFreaky like your comment but no mine? We got the same opinion!

Why @PokeFreaky like your comment but no mine? We got the same opinion!
Maybe because I explain the bracket situation, but that doesnt really matter though. I think the tournaments that are advanced in further rounds so be completed, for all the other events I think a refund is the best option. Like the vacation is almost or already over for most people.

Maybe because I explain the bracket situation, but that doesnt really matter though. I think the tournaments that are advanced in further rounds so be completed, for all the other events I think a refund is the best option. Like the vacation is almost or already over for most people.
That's what I plan to do once my Laptop is fixed.

Is the Mario Kart 7 tournament still gonna happen? Did it already and I missed it?

Is the Mario Kart 7 tournament still gonna happen? Did it already and I missed it?
It has yet to start.

Since the smash bros tournaments are moving slowly I cut down a majority of the events. All of the members who participated for the other events have been refunded. If you have not, PM me.

Smash 3ds and Wii U brackets have been updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back