A rumoured live-action Netflix series

• Thread starter 18
  • Start date

Lime Pawpaw
Towns Folk
The Wall Street Journal posted a thing about this - a rumour that Netflix is developing a live-action Nintendo series.

The people who might end up in a broken glass chamber said:
“The Legend of Zelda,” one of the most popular videogame series of all time, is in the works as a television show at Netflix.

The video streaming service is in the early stages of developing a live action series based on “Zelda,” about an ordinary boy named Link who must rescue a princess named Zelda and save a fantasy world called Hyrule, said a person familiar with the matter. As it seeks writers to work on the show, Netflix is describing it as “Game of Thrones” for a family audience, this person said. ...
A Netflix spokeswoman declined to comment. A Nintendo spokesman said the company “doesn’t comment on rumors and speculation.”

Full WSJ post here.

Aside from my amusement at how little the writer knows about the Zelda games, judging from the picture and its caption, I don't believe it's actually a real thing, especially with what the Nintendo spokesman said. If it is real, then I wouldn't have much interest in it anyway - if the live-action-ness isn't bad enough, then the series being compared to Game of Thrones certainly did put me off. Don't kill me Marc :eek:

What do you guys think?

Reactions: blinboy and faustine
LOL man that picture and caption. Uninformed people are sad

I think it's a possibility. Nintendo has been trying to branch out more lately with QOL so I could see it happening. I'd watch it just to check it out for the heck of it but no way it won't be awful.

Lmao. Game of Thrones + LoZ. I can just imagine Link chopping peoples' heads off for the throne of Hyrule. "Ganandorf? Forget him. I have to kill everyone else now!" Anyway, if it is real, I probably won't be watching it either. This idea is one that sounds cooler in someone's head than when someone says it out loud.

Reactions: Robyn, Mikaya and 18
At worst it will be mediocre and quickly forgotten or spawn hilarious YouTube videos. At best it'll be a surprisingly decent show or even an actually good show. Either way I'm not too upset.

At worst it will be mediocre and quickly forgotten or spawn hilarious YouTube videos. At best it'll be a surprisingly decent show or even an actually good show. Either way I'm not too upset.

I am expecting bad cosplay and overdramatized actors. I will probably actually watch it just so I can laugh at it. And if I do, and it ends up being good, then everyone wins!

I can just imagine, link pulling the master sword, king Arthur and Merlin style but it being really cheesy. Imagine like the enemies, a CGI octorock. Or a large spider skulltula

Oo-kay... I'm not entirely sure why I should be excited about this or hate it right now, but the animated series from the CD-i Zelda games were downright -HORRIFFIC-, period. Now, since the production of this is in the hands of a company with valuable experience in movies, I'd say this might turn out really well. Only time will tell, though so let's see what we get...
*Plays the Sun's Song to forward time*

Reactions: Magik and Mikaya
Just wanted to say, it's not rumored, it is coming.

Reactions: codyplays, Magik and 532
I don't know how to react to it other then when it comes out. I'll watch it unless it is REALLY REALLY bad

Guess I dont need to write it in the PM now....

It sounds pretty interesting. I might give it a try if it comes out ;). If it's a live action show there might be some romance action between zelda and link and also some head chopping stuff which would be pretty intriguing

But how do you make a show with a character who doesnt even talk?

Reactions: GerudoWarrior
I hope it doesn't end up like Super Mario bros movie

Reactions: Magik
If it is like the Street Fighter that was on Machinima it would be awesome, also how would they voice Link? Lets hope that they don't screw up.

But how do you make a show with a character who doesnt even talk?

I guess there won't be any voice dubs. Haha.
Or Link would talk minimal as possible. There should be a lot of breaking pots and flying chickens in this live action series. It better be, or it won't be any good. And literal rupees!

Reactions: Mikaya and 18
I guess there won't be any voice dubs. Haha.
Or Link would talk minimal as possible. There should be a lot of breaking pots and flying chickens in this live action series. It better be, or it won't be any good. And literal rupees!
Oh, well exxcusssseeeeeeeee me @faustine for not getting that right.....
hehehe, just kidding, yeag probably

Reactions: faustine
Oh, well exxcusssseeeeeeeee me @faustine for not getting that right.....
hehehe, just kidding, yeag probably

But now I'm overthinking about your concern. Haha. How would they do it? The cartoon LoZ, where Link is talking, IS kinda creepy. :eek::D

Remember what happened with Teen Titans,with the creators knowing little to nothing about this great action series?Well,the final result was Teen Titans Go!,a comedy cartoon that has little effort put into it,and did injustice do the original series.I'm afraid this situation might occur once again with this new Zelda live-action show,since the creator also doesn't know a lot of The Legend of Zelda franchise.I can only pray this "Zelda + Game of Thrones" type will work in the end,and not do yet another injustice to this fantastic franchise,like Philips did with the infamous CD-I trilogy. :unsure:

Reactions: faustine
Maybe each episode will comprise 30 minutes of Link simply trying to walk but Navi going, "Hey! Listen" and forcing him to stop. :rotfl:

Reactions: T-Player Guy, Ashkil, Mikaya and 2 others
All I get when I think of a Legend of Zelda tv show is something like a tv show I liked when I was 13ish called Legend of the Seeker

I don't know how a LOZ show would work. I don't want link to have a voice >.< I really hope this stays a rumour and never comes true cause if they make link have a voice, they're probably going to dub it in different languages =mentally scarred for life.

Back