A rumoured live-action Netflix series

• Thread starter 18
  • Start date
The Wall Street Journal posted a thing about this - a rumour that Netflix is developing a live-action Nintendo series.

Full WSJ post here.

Aside from my amusement at how little the writer knows about the Zelda games, judging from the picture and its caption, I don't believe it's actually a real thing, especially with what the Nintendo spokesman said. If it is real, then I wouldn't have much interest in it anyway - if the live-action-ness isn't bad enough, then the series being compared to Game of Thrones certainly did put me off. Don't kill me Marc :eek:

What do you guys think?

Oh god no. I heard the Legend of Zelda cartoons made were already not that good, but live-action Zelda ? I'd better not think about, that would be murdering the licence violently. Plus, I don't think Zelda would fit the anime/cartoon/live-action setting. I mean, there are games that are meant for this, but Zelda isn't meant for this.

So, I hope they won't commit a crime by live-actioning the series, because I've got a rather bad feeling about it.
(Link:Faces of Evil/Zelda:Wand of Gamelon - The Series xD) < Yep, that tier of bad feeling.

Reactions: 18
I agree with you @rawrrie Link never talked so they shouldn't have him say anything (except for the grunts and shouts he makes now because they could just use the game noises he makes) only a few characters in Nintendo talks and like isn't one of them.

But why live action!? Netflix better do an amazing job with this seeing how much money they make. They should be able to afford excellent quality costumes and tools. But honestly they should just draw it, make it an anime. I liked how Link looked in the small fight between him Pit.

Only saying this if the rumors actually happen...I hope not, I feel so bad for Nintendo because that monstrous Mario movie killed their trust for anything like a show series or movie.

Reactions: fireworkdragon and 3823
I support animation over live action too but if they are really going to make it I hope they at least chose good actors

If they do do this I hope it's nothing like the first Zelda cartoon :p

it should be like the ocorina of time, but in depth. as while link goes in search of the 3 stones, some episodes can be set in hyrule castle, where ganongdrof tricks the king, and the king sends ganondorf around for missions. like makeing peace with the gorons, but instead ganondorf uses his chance to try to get one of the stones but in failure to get it he summons king dodongo. same with the zoroas. and then after hyrules cast into darkness it could show him reviving the goron dragon boss, and freezing zoroas domain. like a seprate ganon story. all while links on his quest. is it not a good idea.

I still don't know how they're going to do this. I've heard theories like a Game of Thrones-esque thing, but I don't think that will be as popular as recreating some of the games. I just really hope this won't be hilariously bad like I'm predicting. I'll probably watch an episode or two, hoping for great quality.

exactly same here. but honestly a game of thrones type deal would actually do zelda good. as far as the drama behind the scenes. but still i think they need to have link on a separate adventure, such as oot. being while link explores, the drama between the kingdoms emerge. just look at oot, while link was adventureing thier was alot of behind the scenes drama we never got to see. ganon and the goron, ganon and the zoroas. the drama in hyrule kingdom. what happened the 7 years without link. thiers so much potential for this zelda series, as long as thier willing to work for it. and they could do all of this without link saying 1 word. thus making gamers proud and happy. a good zelda show, that sticks original to the zelda we all know and love. and it will also be incrediably awsome. just as long as they keep the goron and Zoroa tribes in it. i swear if they take out those tribes just to add new human tribes im gonna be p-o'd. if i find out thier doing that im not gonna even give it a chance. i dont care if they add human tribes, but as long as they keep gorons and zoroas. and ill only approve of the game of thrones thing if link actually goes adventureing instead of staying withing the kingdom walls and a bunch of drama. this is zelda, the games always been about adventure.

I don't know how a LOZ show would work. I don't want link to have a voice >.< I really hope this stays a rumour and never comes true cause if they make link have a voice, they're probably going to dub it in different languages =mentally scarred for life.

You should watch, the old Legend of Zelda Cartoon that was aired on the Super Mario Bros. Super Show back 1989-1990. Only 13 episodes were made.

Reactions: 3823
Oh god no. I heard the Legend of Zelda cartoons made were already not that good, but live-action Zelda ? I'd better not think about, that would be murdering the licence violently. Plus, I don't think Zelda would fit the anime/cartoon/live-action setting. I mean, there are games that are meant for this, but Zelda isn't meant for this.

So, I hope they won't commit a crime by live-actioning the series, because I've got a rather bad feeling about it.
(Link:Faces of Evil/Zelda:Wand of Gamelon - The Series xD) < Yep, that tier of bad feeling.
I agree with you @D4rkDragon ! I really hope Nintendo drops this, because, frankly, nobody wants another disaster like the super Mario bros super show.... Please Nintendo, for the sake of your reputation, drop this immediately! >.<

The Super Mario Bros. Super show was a amazing show!! It was the live action movie that wasn't good at all..

I hope it doesn't happen, it looks/sounds completely dumb. If they make a Super Mario Bros. remake....just know. And I heard there was a Legend of Zelda animated TV show in like 1993 that was trash, with the whole thing being Link trying to get Zelda to kiss him...?

The Super Mario Bros. Super show was a amazing show!! It was the live action movie that wasn't good at all..
Umm, the super show wasn't the best...

Umm, the super show wasn't the best...
It didn't need to be. I take it that you never grew up on the show like I have back in 1989-1991.

Reactions: zekiebouy
It didn't need to be. I take it that you never grew up on the show like I have back in 1989-1991.
That is true... I guess when your a kid things really don't have to be that good for you to watch them ;P

That is true... I guess when your a kid things really don't have to be that good for you to watch them ;P

What do you think about the fan made Legend of Zelda Movie called The Hero Of Time?

What do you think about the fan made Legend of Zelda Movie called The Hero Of Time?
Never heard of it....

Never heard of it....

The movie can be found on Youtube or torrent sites. It's a live action movie.

The movie can be found on Youtube or torrent sites. It's a live action movie.
Is it any good?

It's a B

It's a B Movie. There are some special effects. I liked it. It really wasn't that bad at all. Here is the youtube movie.

Yes. I saw this and i still wonder how it would work out as a TV show. It wouldn't be the same

Back