Android vs. iOS

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
Which one do you think is better and why? both are bitter rivals, and will stop at nothing to release awesome features and get more customers! xD

iOS for me. Apple has never let me down, as of yet. The iPhone is doing really well, as well as the 5th Gen iPod Touch. It sold so many worldwide and I think there's more Apple fans and out there! xD

I'm pretty sure you already know which one I prefer? :p

Android all the way. It's open source, customisable, cheaper to develop for and most of all is run on the better devices. :p Who wants to buy a new £600 iPhone every 2-3 years, just because it can no longer run the latest software? With Android, you don't have that problem for a few more years.

I prefer iOS. That's simply because I've never used Android before. But I don't really care to even try Android out.

Reactions: 2 people
I prefer the general user interface of Android. I like being able to have widgets on my home screen, whereas on iOS you only get annoying little square blocks (the same size as the apps). Some applications on iOS have dynamic logos, so they can change when certain conditions are met.

I like the overall customization capabilities of Android, as well as the support and the community. iOS is just a locked down, bloated mobile operating systems with more restrictions in place on it than China has on the entire World Wide Web.

I love some of the features that Android has but there are some amazing unique features of iOS that I would love on an android like Siri. Overall though I like android

I love some of the features that Android has but there are some amazing unique features of iOS that I would love on an android like Siri. Overall though I like android
They do have unofficial Siri-like apps for Android, but nothing will be same compared to the real Siri. I agree with you here.

I'm currently an iPhone user and honestly i'm very bored with iOS, nothing new each update, etc. So i'm going android for my next phone. Looking forward to the awesome widget greatness. :D

Android all the way. Just because it's open-source. That's just so much. I don't really like anything Apple anyway, sure, they were "innovative" but I don't see anything iOS has which I can't get on Android. And I feel like Apple's been getting worse and worse since Steve's gone..

Android all the way. Just because it's open-source. That's just so much. I don't really like anything Apple anyway, sure, they were "innovative" but I don't see anything iOS has which I can't get on Android. And I feel like Apple's been getting worse and worse since Steve's gone..
That's kinda how I feel to be honest. Which is why i'll be going with the M8 for my next phone. :p

iOS for me, Apple products will always be my #1 choice.

Apple iOS for me, as I use it all the time.

At least when it comes to tablets, I don't get why some people are always seeming to think that Android is a billion times better than Apple. I mean, a Tablet is a Tablet, and really the only MAIN difference is just what it was made to do. I mean sure, Android may have some perks that Apple doesn't and vice versa, but it's not like Android is a million times better and Apple sucks, or the other way around. It's just a matter of what the consumer is looking for in the device, and a matter of preference.

Well for me. I bought an iPad Air for my tablet. a womping 128GB! :) Really enjoying it to be honest. :) However, for my phone, i'm getting kinda tired of iOS and using it on more than 1 device is just meh now, so i'm going with the HTC One M8 for my next phone when i'm eligible for an upgrade. That way I get the best of both worlds (Android and iOS) And the thing i like about the M8 is blinkfeed keeps me tied with my social networks in 1 spot so i can quickly post updates to FB and twitter on the go. :) Among the whole widget bit which I always found interesting/fun. :)

Well for me. I bought an iPad Air for my tablet. a womping 128GB! :) Really enjoying it to be honest. :) However, for my phone, i'm getting kinda tired of iOS and using it on more than 1 device is just meh now, so i'm going with the HTC One M8 for my next phone when i'm eligible for an upgrade. That way I get the best of both worlds (Android and iOS) And the thing i like about the M8 is blinkfeed keeps me tied with my social networks in 1 spot so i can quickly post updates to FB and twitter on the go. :) Among the whole widget bit which I always found interesting/fun. :)

I love how you're not biased at all! :)

I completely understand how you'd not want to have just iOS though. That's the way it is for me. I've got an iPhone but I use an Android as my main phone right now.

I was always a big iPhone/iOS fan, but I've recently made the switch is Android and I don't think I can go back. Multitasking and the ability to customize my phone in whatever way I like is something I really enjoy.

I do still believe iOS has better apps in general, especially games and the itunes store but after 3 years with an iPhone I never really used those features. So it's not something I really miss on Android.

I'm definitely an Apple guy, so iOS for me. I've had an iPod touch since 2008, since I can't afford an iPhone yet, but I love everything about what iOS offers.

Android mught win for selling more and iphone for popularity

Android for me.I customised it with a new launcher et theme for it,and I doubt I could have the same result on IOS :p
And still,viva Linux!!

Android, because iPhone/iPad/iPod are too expensive. Also, Android is easy to customize, and updating a device is really easy. Even if you can't download it from your device, you can still download the source code and install it from your computer.

Also, Android targets way more devices than iOS. Even computers can run Android (Hackers found a way to make it run on Asus's EeePC series of computer)

What about windows? I have a windows phone its pretty cool but its pretty clear to see the WP app store is a bit lacking.

Android was so terrible for me. I had an android phone for 2 months, and android itself had to reboot everything at least 15 times a day. Everything was so cluttered, and it was so hard to find anything at all on the device.

With iOS, it's SOOOO much better. Everything is organized fine and dandy, and everything is put in the right spot and good to go.

Back