Android vs. iOS

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Android was so terrible for me. I had an android phone for 2 months, and android itself had to reboot everything at least 15 times a day. Everything was so cluttered, and it was so hard to find anything at all on the device.

With iOS, it's SOOOO much better. Everything is organized fine and dandy, and everything is put in the right spot and good to go.

That's what I call bad hardware issues. With all of my Android devices, though they had many issues and sent all of them back, Android never got to reboot that much. And Android is organized too, it's just that you must touch a certain icon to bring up all of your applications.

Hopefully, Android 5.0 (Yes, Google is working on it as we speak) will correct some of these issues, and end some of these opinions saying bad about it.

That's what I call bad hardware issues. With all of my Android devices, though they had many issues and sent all of them back, Android never got to reboot that much. And Android is organized too, it's just that you must touch a certain icon to bring up all of your applications.

Hopefully, Android 5.0 (Yes, Google is working on it as we speak) will correct some of these issues, and end some of these opinions saying bad about it.
I still much prefer iOS

I still much prefer iOS
Yeah, but the only problem with iOS is that is way too expensive, and that's why most of us turn towards other solutions such as Android.

Yeah, but the only problem with iOS is that is way too expensive, and that's why most of us turn towards other solutions such as Android.
The iPhone 5C and the iPhone 4S isn't expensive, but I see your point.

I like Android. Android is open source, and it has a lot of customizable features. You can install an Android Launcher for an OS released in the future for your current device, even if the update won't be released. Although iOS 8 is coming out, I think that the next Android OS will be vastly superior to the new iOS. Heck, iOS 8 has features that Andoid 4.4.2 already has. Hi Siri= Okay Google. Voice Chat while texting= Whatsapp. Just to name a few.

Both are terrible, but iOS is less terrible because the device on which it is is at least guaranteed to not start jittering and then freeze up because you opened two apps on it at the same time. Unlike Maw's old Android phone :panda:

This thread should be stickied :p

It's ultimately based upon preference, .. and I prefer to customize my stuff. I would never be able to make singing recordings for it weren't for my Android. The good androids at least, like GS6 or HTC one. IPhone is too simple for meh D:

Reactions: Bidoof, Hayleia and 532
iOS would be my personal preference. I've only ever owned two phones. (I'm really good at taking care of my stuff. :rotfl:)
The first was like an iPhone 2? Which was ages ago. After it broke down (Conveniently around the time the 5S was coming out) I got that. It's still with me today. I've never actually owned an android phone, so of course I wouldn't be familiar with it. But I'm fine with my phone. It does what a phone is meant to do (Call/Message), It can browse facebook/twitter, it has a nice camera and it has a handful of nice games.
Honestly couldn't want anything more from it.

Reactions: Mikaya
While iOS is much better and stable as an Operating System by itself, I prefer Android over it, as it can be used by far more devices! Also, Android is much easier to hack and program for, making it much more handy in general! It has a very good app store and is much cheaper for programmers to upload their apps and games too! Additionally, you don't need a really expansive phone to support it that will only become outdated the moment the next version comes out!

I seem to like Android devices because I really like customization and there's plenty of options for that on Android. There's also a lot of apps on the Play Store. Though it really depends on the device specifically, if it would run well. As for iOS, I do like it and it's design but iPhones are expensive :<

I like andriod better because andriod doesn't make you download useless apps just for the heck of it and android doesn't send constant updates every week on a application like what itunes does. Like seriously who sits down and reads the whole entire terms of services when a new itunes update comes out. AlsoI like andriod cause they take it slow unlike apple who unleases a product every 6 months which don't have the time and money to buy a new upgrade fequently.Even though apple can be a money hungry and time consuming computer company the one thing that I think that it the most creative and useful thing apple has made is the apple pencil. Even though it has a dull name it is a really cool peice of technology. The device is use by digital artists which I think it's awesome because I love to draw but im not good at drawing digitaly and I usaully just handraw and can using a printer instead. I would love to get it for christmas if apple can just make the device a little cheaper.

Reactions: Tho
I prefer Android but thats simply because it is all I have ever used. I've never been interested in trying IOS because I'm fine with android.

Android for me.

First because of awesome customization. Just look at this video where you can see my animated Smash background and the behaviour of my bottom bar. Yes, that bottom bar is completely counter intuitive, but it doesn't matter at all since I was the one to design it so I know exactly how it works, I don't have to guess. And it's now ultra convenient. Also, that screenshot is old. I now have a navbar at the bottom of my screen so that I still have access to navigation buttons even when I hold my phone upside down, which is convenient to do when it is charging on your desk and the cable is less annoying at the top.

Second because it is more open. If I was to develop for mobile devices, it would be tons easier on Android. Just do my things and test them, then if I want to publish on the Play Store I only have to pay for a license once. Now on iOS from what I understood, well I can't test my own app without jailbreaking or paying a license first, and that license isn't even a one time fee, it has to be paid several times.

Third because it's either cheaper for what you get or better for what you pay for. I mean, if you go abroad and only need a phone with dual-sim but not necessarily powerful, why would you pay a lot of money ? Just get the cheapest dual sim Android you find. On the contrary, if you want to play games all day, get the most powerful Android you can find on the market. With iOS, you don't have the choice, it's either too powerful and too expensive for what you do with it or too limited, but it's not often "perfect" (except that most people are in the first case, so if they have too much resources, they don't complain, they just wasted money but they don't know it).

Fourth... because I just don't like Apple's philosophy. I bought a Macbook this year to do Java programming (because Java is the most annoying thing to install) and it was the first time I ever saw a computer ask me to get an account just to install an OS. Windows doesn't ask that. Linux doesn't ask that. OS X does. And guess what. I made an account, but it didn't let me use it. It first wanted me to get something on iTunes to activate my account. But how am I supposed to get something on iTunes if you don't let me use my Macbook ? Yeah, they seem to think less about convenience than about getting people to spend first and spend more after getting in the ring, you know ?

Reactions: TheSpiritedWarrior and Bidoof
Android.
If I learnt anything from my computer science lecturers in uni, it's that they'll look down on you if you have an iPhone. Lol
Also I've been using android since 2010. Would be weird to switch now.

Android for me.

First because of awesome customization. Just look at this video where you can see my animated Smash background and the behaviour of my bottom bar. Yes, that bottom bar is completely counter intuitive, but it doesn't matter at all since I was the one to design it so I know exactly how it works, I don't have to guess. And it's now ultra convenient. Also, that screenshot is old. I now have a navbar at the bottom of my screen so that I still have access to navigation buttons even when I hold my phone upside down, which is convenient to do when it is charging on your desk and the cable is less annoying at the top.

Second because it is more open. If I was to develop for mobile devices, it would be tons easier on Android. Just do my things and test them, then if I want to publish on the Play Store I only have to pay for a license once. Now on iOS from what I understood, well I can't test my own app without jailbreaking or paying a license first, and that license isn't even a one time fee, it has to be paid several times.

Third because it's either cheaper for what you get or better for what you pay for. I mean, if you go abroad and only need a phone with dual-sim but not necessarily powerful, why would you pay a lot of money ? Just get the cheapest dual sim Android you find. On the contrary, if you want to play games all day, get the most powerful Android you can find on the market. With iOS, you don't have the choice, it's either too powerful and too expensive for what you do with it or too limited, but it's not often "perfect" (except that most people are in the first case, so if they have too much resources, they don't complain, they just wasted money but they don't know it).

Fourth... because I just don't like Apple's philosophy. I bought a Macbook this year to do Java programming (because Java is the most annoying thing to install) and it was the first time I ever saw a computer ask me to get an account just to install an OS. Windows doesn't ask that. Linux doesn't ask that. OS X does. And guess what. I made an account, but it didn't let me use it. It first wanted me to get something on iTunes to activate my account. But how am I supposed to get something on iTunes if you don't let me use my Macbook ? Yeah, they seem to think less about convenience than about getting people to spend first and spend more after getting in the ring, you know ?
Android, period.
Iphone has been milking their products with such similar ios, I used to use iphone. I switched to android after using it for 2 years (I had an iphone 5s). I then switched to an android phone. Customization is there to make you preferences come true, and the phones are much more affordable along with a huge variety of selection. Ever since Steve Jobs died, the iphone majorly sucks now and I can see very little change since the iphone 5s. Specs on android phones also tend to be better.

Android is way better (In my opinion) Iphones apps are boring.

As far as I have seen(family friends etc) IOS is for people who just want a phone that works and dont want to spend a lot of time changing it or figuring out the best way to operate it. Android is for people who want to spend that extra time to customise their phone and really make it function the way they want it to.

As far as I have seen(family friends etc) IOS is for people who just want a phone that works and dont want to spend a lot of time changing it or figuring out the best way to operate it. Android is for people who want to spend that extra time to customise their phone and really make it function the way they want it to.
Except that yes but no (best line ever).
Because yeah, iOS works, and yeah, Android can be customized.
But Android works too without any kind of configuration (it's not Arch Linux, it works out of the box without any kind of bullsh*t like Apple does such as "does thou haz teh Apple account dat u allreadi used someware ?" well I would use that account if you let me use the device, please think, please, no ?) so I wouldn't say that Apple is for the ones who want something that works. Both are for something that works, and Android is for the ones who want to customize.

iOS on my side, simply because I don't need anything Android has to offer and I'm used to iOS. I wouldn't see the point in starting to learn a new OS for things I dont need/want.

iOS is simply and easy to get around, I'll stick with that.

While I prefer Apple products in terms of layout and gaming apps, I like Android more. Apple products get outdated sooo fast and it's like if you have your Apple thing for more than one year you 'need' a newer version. I think Apple knows a bit too well how to earn money :facepalm: Plus their stuff is sooo overpriced :eek:

And one really important thing for me why I prefer Android personally is
emulators, thank you Android, thank you :angelic:

Back