Can't Wait for Monster Hunter X

• Thread starter Rick1012
  • Start date

Who wants Monster Hunter X to come to the West.

• Total voters
Monster Hunter X is coming out very soon in Japan and I hope it comes out to the west later on cause I need this game a lot for my 3ds.
Haha ! You don't "need" a game, it's not necessary for you to live ;)
*watches trailer*
Ok, I need that game a lot for my 3ds.

Reactions: CoralianFrost
Haha! You don't "need" a game, it's not necessary for you to live ;)
lies.

If Amatsu is in MH stories you might just get your wish xD
Raise a baby Amatsu and fly through the skies on him hahaha.

If Amatsu is in MH stories you might just get your wish xD
Raise a baby Amatsu and fly through the skies on him hahaha.
You will be able to mount it anyway, so why go through the trouble?

Amatsu is pretty huge, but then you can mount Gogmazios so maybe haha

Gozmagios is 50 meters long and Amatsumagatsuchi is 32! You can DEFINITELY mount it!

I wonder what it would be like fighting amatsu with a team of 4 nyantas :3

I'm going to assume insanely difficult xD
They made a point of mentioning that the Nyanta's weren't going to be as strong as a regular hunter so I'm thinking it will probably take quite a while to knock him down. That said you get heaps of KOs and can burrow to escape attacks which is a handy little trick ^^

I wonder what it would be like fighting amatsu with a team of 4 nyantas :3

ALWAYS fight Amatsu solo! Only then can you feel all the epicness abound it! It' name literally translates to "Heaven Catastrophe" giving it a divine feel and, as pretty much everyone knows, in Japanese games you shpuld always solo the gods! It gives you the ultimate satisfaction!

I'm going to assume insanely difficult xD
They made a point of mentioning that the Nyanta's weren't going to be as strong as a regular hunter so I'm thinking it will probably take quite a while to knock him down. That said you get heaps of KOs and can burrow to escape attacks which is a handy little trick ^^

Even underground, I doubt you can dodge those tornadoes!

They made a point of mentioning that the Nyanta's weren't going to be as strong as a regular hunter
Companions never are lol

ALWAYS fight Amatsu solo! Only then can you feel all the epicness abound it! It' name literally translates to "Heaven Catastrophe" giving it a divine feel and, as pretty much everyone knows, in Japanese games you should always solo the gods! It gives you the ultimate satisfaction!
so in other words, 1 horribly under-equipped cat fighting against a wind god?
60088333.jpg

Why do you prefer to use those cats over a hunter? What I meant is that even back in MH3rd, I for one, left my felyne behind and literally soloed every large monster like that! Once I beat Amatsu the first time all by myself, the feeling of satisfaction I had, was so great that it can't even be put into words! A true dragon god slain by a lone human! What is more epic than that?

Why do you prefer to use those cats over a hunter? What I meant is that even back in MH3rd, I for one, left my felyne behind and literally soloed every large monster like that! Once I beat Amatsu the first time all by myself, the feeling of satisfaction I had, was so great that it can't even be put into words! A true dragon god slain by a lone human! What is more epic than that?
good for you, but i'd prefer the feeling of a lone cat slaying a god over a lone human :l

I don't own a monster hunter because they never made it on wii u. I hope that they make monster hunter x for wii u too because there will be lots of people happy to hear that. I seen videos and things like that and the game looks super duper cool. I can't wait to see if it comes out for wii u. Text back and let me know if it is for wii u or not.

I don't own a monster hunter because they never made it on wii u. I hope that they make monster hunter x for wii u too because there will be lots of people happy to hear that. I seen videos and things like that and the game looks super duper cool. I can't wait to see if it comes out for wii u. Text back and let me know if it is for wii u or not.
*cough*MH3U*cough*
That being said, don't get your hopes up on a Wii U release. CapCom isn't the best off financially and making a Wii U version might not pay off for them/

Now I really can't wait.

I didn't know why people were so hyped about Nargacuga being back (MH4U was my first MH so I didn't know what a Nargacuga was), but now that I got my hands on the demo, I understand why. I'm just being beaten down :p
You think it's far and you heal/sharpen/whatever, but it just jumps on you in a split second or uses its 5 km long tail to hit you from the distance (and you have two cats but they are just always dead, I don't know how they do that)...

I think I'll get the JP version of the game so I'll wait less :p

Now I really can't wait.

I didn't know why people were so hyped about Nargacuga being back (MH4U was my first MH so I didn't know what a Nargacuga was), but now that I got my hands on the demo, I understand why. I'm just being beaten down :p
You think it's far and you heal/sharpen/whatever, but it just jumps on you in a split second or uses its 5 km long tail to hit you from the distance (and you have two cats but they are just always dead, I don't know how they do that)...

I think I'll get the JP version of the game so I'll wait less :p
Did it go into rage mode? Tail hardens, tail spikes stand on end and then it slams it on you! Pow! 2/3 of your HP gone in one hit!

As for the Japanese version, you never know, they may just decide to make a MHXU and then what? If you really want to fight such monsters, get MH3U! It's really cheap and you are sure to die at least 10 times before reaching high rank!

Did it go into rage mode? Tail hardens, tail spikes stand on end and then it slams it on you! Pow! 2/3 of your HP gone in one hit!
Yes... But the biggest problem is that I already had no clue what to do before it goes into rage mode, so when it did, I knew I was just doomed :p

As for the Japanese version, you never know, they may just decide to make a MHXU and then what? If you really want to fight such monsters, get MH3U! It's really cheap and you are sure to die at least 10 times before reaching high rank!
Well, if MHXU is out, I'll take it too. Maybe I'll be able to transfer my MHX save to MHXU.
And I tried MH3U but it doesn't support item sets... And it doesn't have IG but that's less of a problem than item sets since I can just play DB instead.

Yes... But the biggest problem is that I already had no clue what to do before it goes into rage mode, so when it did, I knew I was just doomed :p
I was the same my first time, but I still managed to beat it without a single death! Just stand at a safe distance, observe it's physique and movements, then you will understand where there are openings to charge in, attack and then retreat again. Just focus on breaking it's wing-blades and cutting off it's tail, so you'll take far less damage when you get hit! Also, THIS is why I keep saying that weapons without block are terrible! The best weapon for Nargacuga is the Great Sword! You can even block the tail slam in rage mode! Also, just a tip, when it's in rage mode, traps DO work, but only then! They don't work if it's in regular state!

And I tried MH3U but it doesn't support item sets... And it doesn't have IG but that's less of a problem than item sets since I can just play DB instead.
Why has everyone become so spoiled when playing video games? Why don't we make an AI that plays for us next? Adding and removing items from your pouch is much faster than in MH4U! Also, just bring along the following items in any kind of quest and you won't have any problems, no matter what weapon you use or what kind of target you have!
Always carry on you:
-10 Potions (High Rank and above only)
-10 Mega Potions
-16 Whetstones
-10 Raw Meats
-5 Pickaxes (mine, don't worry, you have lots of space in the pouch and they will break before you know it!)
-5 Mega Pickaxes
-3 Bug Nets (for rare bugs, once you got what you want, ditch the remaining if you need space)
-Double BBQ Spit
-Taps & Tranquilizers (optional)
You will still have room for the map, to gather or mine, to carve and so on. You won't even use most of these, so it's really easy to restock! Just one note, DON'T use any "whim" skills at all! This is important! Also, the set listed above has always been the same ever since the very first Monster Hunter game (I don't know about MH4U for sure yet though)! Finally, you need to know your priorities! Know what minerals, bugs, etc. you need, keep those and ditch any useless ones!

Why has everyone become so spoiled when playing video games? Why don't we make an AI that plays for us next? Adding and removing items from your pouch is much faster than in MH4U!
It's not about being spoiled (as I said, I don't care that much about the missing IG so I'm not spoiled), it's about regression.

Everytime a cool feature disappears or an annoying one appears, people complain, that's normal. Just look at people complaining about tripping in Smash (obviously, those who started with Brawl won't complain, they didn't have anything to compare with but same, the ones who played MH3U without playing MH4U first didn't complain), people complaining about the lack of swimming in MH4U, people complaining about the lack of ASM in the TI-82A, people complaining about the disappearance of the Start menu in Windows 8 (the last two are examples that are not related to video games since you think it is only linked to video games)...

Well, same here, I complain about the lack of item sets in MH3U since it is a regression. Except that it's kind of normal to have regressions when you played a more recent game and try an older one, but still, I can complain about that without necessarily being "spoiled".

Reactions: 4771 and Iridium Winter
Back