Can't Wait for Monster Hunter X

• Thread starter Rick1012
  • Start date

Who wants Monster Hunter X to come to the West.

• Total voters
@Tho
Yeah, the stuff you listed is the basic stuff for any quest, but some strategies make a hunter take a lot of items different than that and it's nice to be able to just hit a couple of buttons and have that stuff in your pouch instead of having to find each individual item to put into your bag. You play solo, right? (It might be somebody else, correct me if I'm wrong) If so, then you haven't had to deal with people going over to switch all their items between hunts and it gets REALLY annoying after a while, especially for those people with limited play time, so having item sets is a great feature to have.

Reactions: Hayleia
It's not about being spoiled (as I said, I don't care that much about the missing IG so I'm not spoiled), it's about regression.

Everytime a cool feature disappears or an annoying one appears, people complain, that's normal. Just look at people complaining about tripping in Smash (obviously, those who started with Brawl won't complain, they didn't have anything to compare with but same, the ones who played MH3U without playing MH4U first didn't complain), people complaining about the lack of swimming in MH4U, people complaining about the lack of ASM in the TI-82A, people complaining about the disappearance of the Start menu in Windows 8 (the last two are examples that are not related to video games since you think it is only linked to video games)...

Well, same here, I complain about the lack of item sets in MH3U since it is a regression. Except that it's kind of normal to have regressions when you played a more recent game and try an older one, but still, I can complain about that without necessarily being "spoiled".
By spoiled I meant you people want everything to be automatic, which beats the purpose of playing the game! If you only play one part of a game without doing things manually, then you can't appreciate it as much! MH4U in my opinion is not a real Monster Hunter game, because everything has become far too easy for the more experienced player, meaning not fun at all! I, for example, can beat G-Rank Nargacuga without ever taking a hit (I still block some) and I do that while playing solo! Additionally, I'm probably one of the very few people to play G-Rank quests with High Rank equipment! Also, I have never been defeated even once in ANY quest, needed more than one quest to kill Elder Dragons and have always played solo! All that in any Monster Hunter game except MH4U! Do you know how it feels when I play on my friend's 3DS and I can solo Dire Miralis with any weapon? It feels boring!

@Tho
Yeah, the stuff you listed is the basic stuff for any quest, but some strategies make a hunter take a lot of items different than that and it's nice to be able to just hit a couple of buttons and have that stuff in your pouch instead of having to find each individual item to put into your bag. You play solo, right? (It might be somebody else, correct me if I'm wrong) If so, then you haven't had to deal with people going over to switch all their items between hunts and it gets REALLY annoying after a while, especially for those people with limited play time, so having item sets is a great feature to have.
I play solo, but it has never taken me more than 25 seconds to ditch all the unnecessary stuff from my bag and stock on what I need! It's ridiculously easy to find items in the chest, considering how they are in the same order in every game! Also, if you really need to speed things up, you can always choose the order yourself and put all the items you commonly use in the first page of the box!

By spoiled I meant you people want everything to be automatic, which beats the purpose of playing the game! If you only play one part of a game without doing things manually, then you can't appreciate it as much! MH4U in my opinion is not a real Monster Hunter game, because everything has become far too easy for the more experienced player, meaning not fun at all! I, for example, can beat G-Rank Nargacuga without ever taking a hit (I still block some) and I do that while playing solo! Additionally, I'm probably one of the very few people to play G-Rank quests with High Rank equipment! Also, I have never been defeated even once in ANY quest, needed more than one quest to kill Elder Dragons and have always played solo! All that in any Monster Hunter game except MH4U! Do you know how it feels when I play on my friend's 3DS and I can solo Dire Miralis with any weapon? It feels boring!

I play solo, but it has never taken me more than 25 seconds to ditch all the unnecessary stuff from my bag and stock on what I need! It's ridiculously easy to find items in the chest, considering how they are in the same order in every game! Also, if you really need to speed things up, you can always choose the order yourself and put all the items you commonly use in the first page of the box!
The purpose of the game is to hunt monsters, not look through your item box. And I enjoy Monster Hunter just as much before as after Item Sets came in, so something automatic like this doesn't really take away from the game.

Also, what about switching out everything and doing it between EVERY hunt? Sure, restocking takes only a couple of seconds, but switching out the whole bag takes a lil longer and not everybody is as fast as you.

The purpose of the game is to hunt monsters, not look through your item box. And I enjoy Monster Hunter just as much before as after Item Sets came in, so something automatic like this doesn't really take away from the game.

Also, what about switching out everything and doing it between EVERY hunt? Sure, restocking takes only a couple of seconds, but switching out the whole bag takes a lil longer and not everybody is as fast as you.
After going through so many menus, options and item pages over the years, I can appreciate the monster hunting part more! The game isn't just about hunting monsters, there is a LOT more to it! If you really think it became this famous just for the monsters, then you don't know anything about the game at all! It has the best and most thorough character development in this type of game and also offers an amazing variety of items, allowing freedom of playstyles! If you just want to hunt monsters, go play an empty game like Ark Survival!

After going through so many menus, options and item pages over the years, I can appreciate the monster hunting part more! The game isn't just about hunting monsters, there is a LOT more to it! If you really think it became this famous just for the monsters, then you don't know anything about the game at all! It has the best and most thorough character development in this type of game and also offers an amazing variety of items, allowing freedom of playstyles! If you just want to hunt monsters, go play an empty game like Ark Survival!
I'm not saying that hunting monsters is the only part. Being able to spend less time on a menu doesn't take away from a game, though.

I'm not saying that hunting monsters is the only part. Being able to spend less time on a menu doesn't take away from a game, though.
What you are saying is like taking away the breeding from Pokemon! I hate it when developers try to simplify their games, because they lose their essence after a while! If you have played Monster Hunter for more than just a two or three games, then you will know what I'm talking about.

What you are saying is like taking away the breeding from Pokemon! I hate it when developers try to simplify their games, because they lose their essence after a while! If you have played Monster Hunter for more than just a two or three games, then you will know what I'm talking about.
Breeding is an actual game mechanic that let's you have better monsters in the end. Item Sets are time savers, those two things are FAR from each other.

Breeding is an actual game mechanic that let's you have better monsters in the end. Item Sets are time savers, those two things are FAR from each other.
No, they are both basic characteristics of the game. Managing items is the same as breeding. You carefully consider ever single item's usage possibilities, as you do with the stats and moves in Pokemon. See?

No, they are both basic characteristics of the game. Managing items is the same as breeding. You carefully consider ever single item's usage possibilities, as you do with the stats and moves in Pokemon. See?
Items Sets let you manage your items, it just lets you do it a lot quicker.

Items Sets let you manage your items, it just lets you do it a lot quicker.
No one ever complained that they should exist until MH4U came out and spoiled everyone by simplifying even the simplest of things! There have been 20+ Monster Hunter games so far and everyone has always been doing it manually, so why is it that important?

No one ever complained that they should exist until MH4U came out and spoiled everyone by simplifying even the simplest of things! There have been 20+ Monster Hunter games so far and everyone has always been doing it manually, so why is it that important?
People complain because it's a good feature and getting rid of it would be a step backwards. Since you think that Breeding and going through menus are the same thing, imagine if Pokemon went back to Gen 1 breeding mechanics (aka, not existing). It's not necessary for the game, but it's a really nice thing to have.

People complain because it's a good feature and getting rid of it would be a step backwards. Since you think that Breeding and going through menus are the same thing, imagine if Pokemon went back to Gen 1 breeding mechanics (aka, not existing). It's not necessary for the game, but it's a really nice thing to have.
Sincerely, I wouldn't mind the no breeding! Less time spent boring myself! Anyway, the feature is completely obsolete, as it only "saves time" by a mere 5-10 seconds!

Sincerely, I wouldn't mind the no breeding! Less time spent boring myself! Anyway, the feature is completely obsolete, as it only "saves time" by a mere 5-10 seconds!
So, since item managing and breeding are the same thing in your head, you'd be ok with item managing being gone?

No because it's a vital part in the series, but YOU want it simplified or gone! Breeding isn't the part of the core of the games, that's the difference! They are similar, not exactly the same!

No because it's a vital part in the series, but YOU want it simplified or gone! Breeding isn't the part of the core of the games, that's the difference! They are similar, not exactly the same!
Making item managing more convenient isn't oversimplifying it or getting rid of it.

Making item managing more convenient isn't oversimplifying it or getting rid of it.
You aren't making it convenient, you are making automatic, thus, practically getting rid of 99% of it!

You aren't making it convenient, you are making automatic, thus, practically getting rid of 99% of it!
Well, you are making it convenient by getting rid of the 99 annoying percents (which are going through your box between every hunt to refill your generic items even before thinking about the ones you need specifically for this hunt (like antidotes, not always needed)) by making them automatic but still keeping the 1 interesting percent (which is allowing you to bring different items according to the situation, like the aforementionned antidotes, or even a completely different set of items when you go gathering).

I've prordered a Japanese new 3DS and MHX. I'm gonna pick it up in Japan.

Back