Characters will appear tiny in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Characters are going to appear really tiny in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS when compared to the Wii U version. Check out the screenshot of gameplay below to see for yourself how far the screen zooms out :

smash_3ds_005_thumb.jpg

I'm guessing as both players move far away from each other, something like this may occur.

What are your thoughts?

You knowing where you are in relation to your opponent makes that make sense but it would be a bit strenuous on the eyes if you are truly that tiny.

Nooo they're too small...if they zoomed in a little more it would be perfect. But, I guess they need to have it like that so you know where the opponent is but if you're close to each other it should just zoom in itself

that's really tiny but maybe, Nintendo fixes it or adds more detail to the tiny characters. I don't know, I just want to be optimistic about this game, after all it's gonna be my first SSB game. :D

I think it'll zoom in and out as they move closer and farther. At least, that's what I hope. I hope it's not like Rayman Origins for the 3DS where it's always so tiny.

Mmm... This is actually a reason I want the 3DS XL :D

But yeah, there will be a zoom from the camera for sure.

Yeah, I'm getting a 3DS XL just to play this.

The game looks great, will be buying it on launch! Also, they do like tiny, but that's because Sakurai zoomed out there, I'm sure the screen will be much closer to the characters when you play the game.

I think that is one of the reasons they want the stages on the 3DS different from the Wii U. I am sure they are taking in mind that bigger stages causes massive zoom outs, so probably the 3DS stages will be of medium and small sizes to prevent straining too much your eyes.

I remember Sakurai saying that the outlines and the overall design the characters in the 3DS version have are all because of the smaller screens. This design helps players easily see the characters from varying distances. I'm not worried. In any case I'm getting a new XL soon so it'll all be good.

Urgh,another thing bad for my eyes xD

I have a feeling it'll zoom in better when they're closer to each other. On a side note though, 3DS XL users are going to have a better experience than those with 2DS and 3DS if it's like that for zooming :p

Good thing i have an XL :)

Reactions: Marc
Wait.....I don't get HOW they're so small in this. I mean, in Brawl they weren't that small compared to the platforms....it just doesn't make sense!

Wait.....I don't get HOW they're so small in this. I mean, in Brawl they weren't that small compared to the platforms....it just doesn't make sense!

Some pics the caracters just bigger so I think they actually fixed it.

Some pics the caracters just bigger so I think they actually fixed it.
yeah, and to be honest I haven't seen this screenshot anywhere but this forum... @Marc where did you get the image?

From the video it seems to actually look very good, besides an option was confirmed to increase or remove the outlines in the 3DS version so if you have trouble seeing it, just increase size.

Back