Characters will appear tiny in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
On a side note, I guess that the 3D effect may help in addition to the cell-shaded graphics to see the characters easily. So even when they're tiny it won't be too bad.

So...are you going to be getting 3DS Smash Bro.? If so, what are your thoughts on the whole tininess thing this thread was about?

Edit: some above comments were moved to a separate thread, but the question was for @JunZhi

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/29/wow-super-smash-bros-for-nintendo-3ds-zooms-out-really-far/

That's the farthest the screen can zoom out, btw. For a better idea of how the 3DS game will look:

I know this might sound a tad weird but I think I watched that video like five times in a row, I just can't get enough of it and I guess the reason why the characters looks so small are that in large stages the camera must zoom out to get an entire overview of the characters, compared to small stages the camera doesn't necessarily have to zoom out far because the area that the characters move in are small.

I know this might sound a tad weird but I think I watched that video like five times in a row, I just can't get enough of it and I guess the reason why the characters looks so small are that in large stages the camera must zoom out to get an entire overview of the characters, compared to small stages the camera doesn't necessarily have to zoom out far because the area that the characters move in are small.

Well, we can't know how they will look until the game is released, so... :panda:

Well, we can't know how they will look until the game is released, so... :panda:
Yeah I know, just thought I would give my opinion on the designated topic xD

We can't know too much until the game is released, yet everyone will continue to speculate and complain all they want about what we don't know :p

Yeah I know, just thought I would give my opinion on the designated topic xD
We can't know too much until the game is released, yet everyone will continue to speculate and complain all they want about what we don't know :p

Note: Don't watch the IGN review, they last reviews are being payed or using fanboys for them (there is a case of a Sony fanboy reviewing a Xbox game :D)

Note: Don't watch the IGN review, they last reviews are being payed or using fanboys for them (there is a case of a Sony fanboy reviewing a Xbox game :D)
Yeah, everyone knows not to trust IGN that much lol They hate Nintendo nowadays (although even they couldn't deny X and Y was brilliant)

You know that is why I hate IGN, they have some serious Sony and Microsoft Fan Boys, they make some stupid comments about Nintendo, for example in the Nintendo 3DS unboxing they made some really hurtful remarks about Nintendo, wasn't really examining the product, anyways for some odd reason in some of the Super Smash Bros. Brawl stage the characters did look rather small.

You know that is why I hate IGN, they have some serious Sony and Microsoft Fan Boys, they make some stupid comments about Nintendo, for example in the Nintendo 3DS unboxing they made some really hurtful remarks about Nintendo, wasn't really examining the product, anyways for some odd reason in some of the Super Smash Bros. Brawl stage the characters did look rather small.
Yeah, probably because they had to zoom out for the stage. For example the Mario Bro. stage definitely required being zoomed out completely and would look weird if it wasn't like that

Yeah, probably because they had to zoom out for the stage. For example the Mario Bro. stage definitely required being zoomed out completely and would look weird if it wasn't like that
Yeah, the stage is so wide/large that they must zoom out to get a full over view of all the characters.

Yeah, the stage is so wide/large that they must zoom out to get a full over view of all the characters.
Yeah, while other stages manipulate the camera just to screw with everyone and make them confused lol (Spear Pillar anyone)

Yeah, while other stages manipulate the camera just to screw with everyone and make them confused lol (Spear Pillar anyone)
Yeah that stage was the worst, with the manipulation of the stages the characters look tiny too.

Yeah that stage was the worst, with the manipulation of the stages the characters look tiny too.
Wait really? I actually loved that stage lol It was particularly fun whenever Dialga and Palkia got involved

Wait really? I actually loved that stage lol It was particularly fun whenever Dialga and Palkia got involved
It was so tricky, I didn't mean that it was the worst, I meant it was a tough and confusing stage (in a good way), I didn't like the stages that made the characters look small, I always get mixed up by the characters, especially those who look the same.

It was so tricky, I didn't mean that it was the worst, I meant it was a tough and confusing stage (in a good way), I didn't like the stages that made the characters look small, I always get mixed up by the characters, especially those who look the same.
I see....well, I guess I'm of the minority with that stuff as I never had any rage-inducing problems with that haha

I see....well, I guess I'm of the minority with that stuff as I never had any rage-inducing problems with that haha
Well that's very lucky of you.

Well that's very lucky of you.
I'll admit Spear Pillar was a bit hard at first, but I got used to it after a while (Right to go left when upside down :p)

Well I still want the game even though the characters are small on the 3ds so I might get it on the wii u and since there small they put like black lines around them so you can see them better

Well I still want the game even though the characters are small on the 3ds so I might get it on the wii u and since there small they put like black lines around them so you can see them better
for all we know, the smallness may be similar to what we've usually seen with past SSB games too, so it may not be a big deal

Back