Characters will appear tiny in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
for all we know, the smallness may be similar to what we've usually seen with past SSB games too, so it may not be a big deal
I agree, the small may not be as bad as we thought, its mainly because of the width of the stage, but I doubt it will be bad to a point that we can't notice our characters really.

Even if they gonna be small they putting black lines around the characetrs so you can see them better even though they tiny and im also gonna get this gam for both systems =3

There's a disadvantage an an advantage
Advantage : world will be slightly bigger as characters are slightly smaller
Disadvantage : it would be hard to see the characters
My explanations are mentioned above :)

There's a disadvantage an an advantage
Advantage : world will be slightly bigger as characters are slightly smaller
Disadvantage : it would be hard to see the characters
My explanations are mentioned above :)
Um, I'm pretty sure that it's just a camera thing so it doesn't necessarily mean they're making the worlds bigger. Furthermore, people will probably care more about the location of the characters and all than the stage itself lol

Um, I'm pretty sure that it's just a camera thing so it doesn't necessarily mean they're making the worlds bigger. Furthermore, people will probably care more about the location of the characters and all than the stage itself lol
I think he meant when the world is bigger, (a stage bigger) @JunZhi ? And yeah, I will most likely think it will be the camera zooming out to give a full view of the stage, and the character movements, to be honest, this game looks like a tough game to create.

I think he meant when the world is bigger, (a stage bigger) @JunZhi ? And yeah, I will most likely think it will be the camera zooming out to give a full view of the stage, and the character movements, to be honest, this game looks like a tough game to create.
All games are obviously hard to create xD but yeah I was trying to say that thanks for explaining it and I like your idea , it will give off a cool effect when zooming in and out.

Reactions: Reece
Well obviously it's going to be a tough game to create to some extent. Even if the 3DS is more powerful than the Wii, it's the first time they're putting this series on a handheld

Ugh so tiny, Nintendo Fix It! On my tiny little Nintendo 3DS screen it is going to look like a small dot. Jeez while i'm playing with people online (If they do support online multiplayer) they will crush me. :(

Ugh so tiny, Nintendo Fix It! On my tiny little Nintendo 3DS screen it is going to look like a small dot. Jeez while i'm playing with people online (If they do support online multiplayer) they will crush me. :(
That's only if it's zoomed out so far. I'm sure if the characters are a bit closer it won't be as bad. The gameplay footage they've shown shows it not being that bad

Ehh, doesn't look too bad. You get used to it. I thought Mk7 was fine on the regular 3ds, and then I got the XL. I tried to race on Mk7 again after playing on XL, but couldn't do it since it was so small. If I would have continued playing it on the regular 3ds again, I'm sure I would've gotten used to it. Now if you get both the Wii U and 3ds versions of SSB4, it might be difficult to play on the 3ds one after playing the Wii U one.

Ehh, doesn't look too bad. You get used to it. I thought Mk7 was fine on the regular 3ds, and then I got the XL. I tried to race on Mk7 again after playing on XL, but couldn't do it since it was so small. If I would have continued playing it on the regular 3ds again, I'm sure I would've gotten used to it. Now if you get both the Wii U and 3ds versions of SSB4, it might be difficult to play on the 3ds one after playing the Wii U one.
That doesn't make sense. How would playing on the XL seem so small compared to playing on the regular 3DS? In any case, I guess we'll have to wait until they come out to see how it looks.

That doesn't make sense. How would playing on the XL seem so small compared to playing on the regular 3DS? In any case, I guess we'll have to wait until they come out to see how it looks.
I meant I tried racing on Mk7 on regular 3ds again after playing it on XL and it seemed small. Though after time I got used to it. So unless you don't know how different it can be big, I don't think it will be an issue with the size of SSB4 on 3ds.

I meant I tried racing on Mk7 on regular 3ds again after playing it on XL and it seemed small. Though after time I got used to it. So unless you don't know how different it can be big, I don't think it will be an issue with the size of SSB4 on 3ds.
Oh ok in that way you meant. I was a bit confused with what your original post said :p Yeah, I guess but like I said we'll have to wait and see in late 2014

Back