Closed Create a video-game cover contest

• Thread starter 3823
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
RUvrWm5_g_MzPv62fXTZ5ZtchNGc-JH3hQrp7PcE6lIk9IgvY8-FoCMSynEUnXEHa7THng=s0-d-e1-ft

Update #3: Deadline has been extended. You guys now have until June 6 to submit entries.
The day I take the SAT >.<
And one day before Marcy's Birthday \o/
The deadline (as of now), to turn in entries is May 23, 2015.
*If someone still wishes to enter, please contact me via pm. ^-^
Update 1: Sign-ups for this contest will close on April 22nd, 2015.

After that, you guys will have a month to compete your entries. ~ I'll post an update later on that too, :p

Have you ever wanted to create your own Video-game? Haven't we all? Well in this contest, you have the chance to show off your very own creation of a video-game and earn prizes!

This contest is super flexible! You can make a game on almost anything. Whether it's a new Zelda-type adventure, to a game about your best friend it's accepted. Nothing too vulgar or inappropriate, please. Be creative and as descriptive as you want! If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask ^-^

ESK3Qg-ofkU2og_GYFQB8bVBwUn9Qs819YcXF8f7hhiA3uyu9zLVy4bF4H5F2qLIOiHrUA=s0-d-e1-ft

1. Can be digital or hand drawn.
  2. One entry per person.
  3. Must have at least 5 posts on forums to participate (eliminate double entries :c)
  4. Game must be original ( Your own characters )
  5. Anyone who is plagiarizing will be disqualified immediately.
  6. Have fun!
  7. Post finished entry here with all parts.
ZClCC8dayw2fzIS-oAOR7_EDXS9js5jkOdXdbGPtnZQLx-0O9VTB0vZqneVbqcArWB2Wmg=s0-d-e1-ft

Here is an example of an entry:
Video-game front cover:
ziOJkBRtN-hdGVNFYjM6So3SsfkSV5UD0OtpE18S9-VS-eGoTc_Vk53zawmJN0D7l4hIXw=s0-d-e1-ft
Video-game back cover:
KIKUPUbLu6NNcDQIxvlwRYwU0nX0Rz80fw7lngY-CZbzS-av28LaN7HvSLZpiBt4T3SfLQ=s0-d-e1-ft
Screenshots:
UTKgL0v.png
Gr3MIpZ.png
Name of game: The Legend of Nekochu
Platform: PC/Windows
Genre: Mystery/RPG/Puzzle
Summary: Explore with Nekochu as she transforms into different things and saves the world from the dreaded Inu-monster.
Plot: Panda-chan journeys her way to resurrect Nekochu.
Controls: 3d gameplay, use the mouse to move the camera and the W, A, S and D keys to move. Click for interacting with various objects. (Be more descriptive than this)
Features: different story endings, plethora of characters to choose from.
Extras/Details: Playable with Xbox/PS3 controller
What inspired you to make this game: @Spinnerweb :p

Remember, those above are just examples! Be as descriptive as possible! Anyone can win, because we are basing the results on effort more than skill! Also, try not to use too many images off the internet and make it original. One last thing, The written portion is just as important as the art portion, so try your best on both sections!

Note: You can use characters from the videogames/youtube/websites if you change their name, (e.g. Mario --> Maryo)

I'd prefer it to be original but too many people are asking me the same question.. ;-;

Here is the form:

Video-game front cover:
Video-game back cover:

Screenshots: (optional, don't worry if you don't want to add them)
Name of game:
Platform:
Genre:
Summary:

Plot:
Controls:
Features:
Extras/Details:
What inspired you:

Code:
[B]Video-game front cover[/B]:
[B]Video-game back cover[/B]:
[B]Screenshots (optional)[/B]:
[B]Name of game[/B]:
[B]Platform[/B]:
[B]Genre[/B]:
[B]Summary[/B]:
[B]Plot[/B]:
[B]Controls[/B]:
[B]Features[/B]:
[B]Extras/Details[/B]:
[B]What inspired you to make this[/B]:
*I recommend copy and pasting code and filling it out.

-You can add more to the text portion if you'd like.
-Images restricted to front cover and back cover
-You can have a maximum of 2 screenshots

gFuNoT5LOPegrFJBq8Og7HXPTnZVgI8ApDmH_vXL8dy78K3TixHTaDWfYjpSCkq8wk9B4Q=s0-d-e1-ft

1st place: 100pc
2nd place: 50pc
3rd place: 25pc

vLAEyW4.png

Here are some resources to help you guys get started! (You don't have to use them).

Have fun~!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lotad Lover, Kaidan, Kakea and 16 others
When is the Contest Due?

RUvrWm5_g_MzPv62fXTZ5ZtchNGc-JH3hQrp7PcE6lIk9IgvY8-FoCMSynEUnXEHa7THng=s0-d-e1-ft

Have you ever wanted to create your own Video-game? Haven't we all? Well in this contest, you have the chance to show off your very own creation of a video-game and earn prizes!

This contest is super flexible! You can make a game on almost anything. Whether it's a new Zelda-type adventure, to a game about your best friend it's accepted. Nothing too vulgar or inappropriate, please. Be creative and as descriptive as you want! If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask ^-^

ESK3Qg-ofkU2og_GYFQB8bVBwUn9Qs819YcXF8f7hhiA3uyu9zLVy4bF4H5F2qLIOiHrUA=s0-d-e1-ft

1. Can be digital or hand drawn.
  2. One entry per person.
  3. Must have at least 5 quality posts on forums to participate (eliminate double entries :c)
  4. Game must be original ( Your own characters )
  5. Anyone who is plagiarizing will be disqualified immediately.
  6. Have fun!
  7. Post entry here with all parts.
ZClCC8dayw2fzIS-oAOR7_EDXS9js5jkOdXdbGPtnZQLx-0O9VTB0vZqneVbqcArWB2Wmg=s0-d-e1-ft

Here is an example of an entry:
Video-game front cover:
ziOJkBRtN-hdGVNFYjM6So3SsfkSV5UD0OtpE18S9-VS-eGoTc_Vk53zawmJN0D7l4hIXw=s0-d-e1-ft
Video-game back cover:
KIKUPUbLu6NNcDQIxvlwRYwU0nX0Rz80fw7lngY-CZbzS-av28LaN7HvSLZpiBt4T3SfLQ=s0-d-e1-ft
Name of game:
The Legend of Nekochu
Platform: PC/Windows
Genre: Mystery/RPG/Puzzle
Summary: Explore with Nekochu as she transforms into different things and saves the world from the dreaded Inu-monster.
Controls: 3d gameplay, use the mouse to move the camera and the W, A, S and D keys to move. Click for interacting with various objects. (Be more descriptive than this)
What inspired you to make this game: @Spinnerweb :p

Remember, those above are just examples! Be as descriptive as possible! Anyone can win, because we are basing the results on effort more than skill! Also, try not to use too many images off the internet and make it original.

Here is the form:

Video-game front cover:
Video-game back cover:
Name of game:
Platform:
Genre:
Summary:
Controls:

What inspired you to make this:

Code:
[B]Video-game front cover[/B]:
[B]Video-game back cover[/B]:
[B]Name of game[/B]:
[B]Platform[/B]:
[B]Genre[/B]:
[B]Summary[/B]:
[B]Controls[/B]:
[B]What inspired you to make this[/B]:
*I recommend copy and pasting code and filling it out.

gFuNoT5LOPegrFJBq8Og7HXPTnZVgI8ApDmH_vXL8dy78K3TixHTaDWfYjpSCkq8wk9B4Q=s0-d-e1-ft

1st place: 100pc
2nd place: 50pc
3rd place: 25pc

vLAEyW4.png

Here are some resources to help you guys get started! (You don't have to use them).

Have fun~!
Well Jess I feel as if you read my mind of what I've been doing recently and used it as a contest idea cause this is the weirdest coincident I've ever encountered.:rotfl: So can I make my cover using Flipnote? Or even better can I make an animation of the cover and the gameplay? :D

Well Jess I feel as if you read my mind of what I've been doing recently and used it as a contest idea cause this is the weirdest coincident I've ever encountered.:rotfl: So can I make my cover using Flipnote? Or even better can I make an animation of the cover and the gameplay? :D
You can use flipnote studio to make the front and back of the game cover if you'd like. The animation and gameplay, no. =/ you're only filling out this form only:
Video-game front cover:
Video-game back cover:
Name of game:
Platform:
Genre:
Summary:
Controls:
What inspired you to make this:

When is the Contest Due?

There's not a specific date yet, I'll wait till I get all the entries and then there will be a set date. I want you guys to take your time ^.^

Reactions: Kaidan, ThePartyPixel and Derplink_:3
i would so enter this because iwant to make a game but i stink at programing

i would so enter this because iwant to make a game but i stink at programing

You're making a cover and filling out the details. e.e It's not programming at all. Read the thread >.<)/

XD oh i missread XD i thought it said make your own video game i shall enter when i get on my pc

Reactions: 3823
I would love to join.

I'll join, making mines right now :D

Imma join :3

Reactions: ThePartyPixel and 3823
XD oh i missread XD i thought it said make your own video game i shall enter when i get on my pc

I would love to join.

I'll join, making mines right now :D

I added all of you and Siri cause he posted at the same time I did :p. Take your time on your entries, okay? There's a lot of time and no need to rush. =)

Reactions: Derplink_:3
UHG gimp wont download >.>

ok ima find a good program :p

I'm going to join :D though I will probably not win

I'm going to join :D though I will probably not win

I don't even need to check if you have 5 posts, :panda:
And awesome! :D

I don't even need to check if you have 5 posts, :panda:
And awesome! :D
I'm gonna make it super funny :sneaky:

For a second I was wondering if we had to actually make the game. However, this seems like a good idea and it's pretty fun :D. I may upload something later

Reactions: 3823
Wait... NOO i don't have 5 post :(

mm, what are actually posts? I mean how can I check how many do I have?

mm, what are actually posts? I mean how can I check how many do I have?

Posts in any forum, :p you're good.

Yeah you do ^.^

Soooo i do.... YAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back